Based simply on stats, are these 2 QB's similar?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Based on stats alone the players aren’t really close.

Based on intangibles the players also aren’t close at all.

Jameis has incredible physical talent. He can throw beautiful passes. Sadly, he is a grade A knucklehead who turns the ball over a ton and is a poor leader. Those things kill a team.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Yeah, you don't have to like Prescott to realize Winston is SO MUCH WORSE.

Code:
Year     QBrec Cmp% TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A   Y/G Rate 4QC GWD
Care   40-24-0 65.8 97 4.7  36  1.7  90 7.6 246.5 97.0  8  14

Code:
Year     QBrec  Cmp%  TD TD% Int Int%  1D Lng Y/A   Y/G Rate 4QC GWD
Care   28-42-0  61.3 121 4.7  88  3.5 997  71 7.7 274.1 86.9   7  11

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I’m not a big Dak fan but he’s better than Winston. By a long shot.

Winston had Arians as his coach last year, a known QB whisperer, legitimately good threats at WR and TE, yet managed to throw 30 picks.

The dude can’t even see. He had Lasik surgery a few weeks ago.
He also had 30 TDs and 5000 yards, which seems to be heroic milestones for Dak slobberers, and acting like every interception he threw was on him shows ignorance.
If Winston had 30 interceptions, then I conclude Dak would have 40 outside of his perfect cocoon of All-Pros.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just to be clear....Bruce Arian was an absolute Winston fan when he was hired. He promised to do everything he could to help him get his new deal and he did. Go back a look at his interviews after each game and notice how he made sure fans/media weren't blaming Winston for every interception. To start a thread comparing his value to Dak w/o including such a critical STAT is odd........

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Absolutely foolish comparison. State of desperation.

DDS in full effect.

DDS = Dak Derangement Syndrome

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Just to be clear....Bruce Arian was an absolute Winston fan when he was hired. He promised to do everything he could to help him get his new deal and he did. Go back a look at his interviews after each game and notice how he made sure fans/media weren't blaming Winston for every interception. To start a thread comparing his value to Dak w/o including such a critical STAT is odd........
When Tampa was on Hard Knocks, the primary coaching for Winston was to eliminate his boneheaded decisions. He wasn't able to do it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Jameis is a turnover machine and a proven idiot - no thanks

sean10mm

Reaction score
He also had 30 TDs and 5000 yards, which seems to be heroic milestones for Dak slobberers, and acting like every interception he threw was on him shows ignorance.
If Winston had 30 interceptions, then I conclude Dak would have 40 outside of his perfect cocoon of All-Pros.

I can never tell if people are trolling here or not because the collective IQ here is so low, but Dak literally threw for 4,900 yards and 30 TD : 11 INT this past season.

Also 30 interceptions in one season is absolutely insane, it's not just a bit of trivia you can hand-wave. Winston has thrown 52 more interceptions than Dak in only 8 more starts.

In 2019, Winston literally SET THE PICK SIX RECORD.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
And left out the fact Winston has fumbled
More than any other QB since he’s been in the league.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
There are players like Bridgewater who I think would be successful in our offense and then there are suggestions like Winston and Cam Newton which makes me just shake my head.

Bridgewater has a career high of 14 TD passes as a full season starter.

Get real.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
I can never tell if people are trolling here or not because the collective IQ here is so low, but Dak literally threw for 4,900 yards and 30 TD : 11 INT this past season.

Also 30 interceptions in one season is absolutely insane, it's not just a bit of trivia you can hand-wave. Winston has thrown 52 more interceptions than Dak in only 8 more starts.

If you don’t believe Evans and Godwin are better than Cooper/ Gallup at this point you’re insane.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Some Cowboys fans have spent 4 years trashing every single thing they could about a 4th round QB making just over $4 million total and then rush to the defense of sorry QBs like Stafford, Wintson, Keenum, and Bridgewater.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
If anything, this thread made me even more thankful that we have a good, young QB that is universally considered a great leader, even by those that criticize his QB skills.

35 million a year will seem like petty cash in 2 years. Pay him and let's get ourselves a new pass rusher and safety.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Bridgewater has a career high of 14 TD passes as a full season starter.

Get real.
And yet the Saints were 6-0 with him. He manages games really well. He is a heady player who is accurate and makes good decisions!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

In 2019, Winston literally SET THE PICK SIX RECORD.
I am not handwaving them away, Dak slobberers are the ones handwaving his 33 TDs away. He plays in an aggressive offense, he doesn’t stand in a pocket all by himself and throw to wide open guys like Dak does. Dak has been a game manager for 3 out of his 4 years but one season of garbage time fueled stats and people act like he is some kind of franchise QB. 30 interceptions is obviously a lot but that’s part of the burden for having to make plays for your team. As awful as Dak has played when just one of his All-Pros has gone down I see no reason to think that he wouldn’t have 50 interceptions trying to carry the load on a downtrodden franchise like Tampa.

sean10mm

Reaction score
And yet the Saints were 6-0 with him. He manages games really well. He is a heady player who is accurate and makes good decisions!

The Saints are loaded and don't actually need him to do very much.

The Cowboys probably need their QB to actually make plays and not dink-dunk at a rate that makes Prescott look like Staubach.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I am not handwaving them away, Dak slobberers are the ones handwaving his 33 TDs away. He plays in an aggressive offense, he doesn’t stand in a pocket all by himself and throw to wide open guys like Dak does. Dak has been a game manager for 3 out of his 4 years but one seasons of garbage time fueled stats and people act like he is some kind of franchise QB. 30 interceptions is obviously a lot but that’s part of the burden for having to make plays for your team. As awful as Dak has played when just one of his All-Pros has gone down I see no reason to think that he wouldn’t have 50 interceptions trying to carry the load on a downtrodden franchise like Tampa.

Tampa has a mostly great roster and a quality head coach that was killed by Winston's picks and fumbles. It's why Tom Brady decided to go there.

They were #5 in defensive DVOA but Winston gave away the ball so much that it made the D look bad.

They have two legit Pro Bowl WRs, a good TE (OJ Howard) and a really solid #3 with Perriman. Their OL is underrated, Winston mostly ate sacks because he held on the ball to long when he wasn't giving the ball to the other team or fumbling.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The Saints are loaded and don't actually need him to do very much.

The Cowboys probably need their QB to actually make plays and not dink-dunk at a rate that makes Prescott look like Staubach.
The Saints are not loaded on offense more than we are. They have Thomas and Kamara. That's why we can shut them down.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
They aren’t that similar at all. And statistics aren’t the end-all-be-all.

What about game winning drives? Which one threw 7 pick 6’s last year? How about leadership ability? Which one has groped the most women?

Winston threw 7 pick-6’s last year?!

Ouch! No wonder he was released.