FEATURED Be a Cowboys fan (within the rules) the way you want

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I don’t think you will have anyone get at you about Jerry. You’re preaching to the choir.
I think no one here really likes Jerry. I find him personally distasteful.

I don’t think ownership has nearly as much of an impact on winning titles as some fans here do. The Hunt family went 50 years between titles. Mike Brown just saw his team in the Super Bowl recently. Kraft lucked into Brady+Belichick. And so on.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Yep, we have over 20,000 fans on this site. And probably cause of a few very vocal minority extremes from both sides it turns most of our fans off from contributing simply not wanting to place themselves in the line of fire.
Amen brother!

Creeper

Reaction score
Nobody thought we were winning a Super Bowl in 1970 after the loss to the Cardinals. Did you?
I looked at things differently back then. Different owner, coaches, system. I knew the Cowboys were a good team. Staubach was one of my favorite players coming out of college.

starfan1

Reaction score
Really? To me being a Cowboy fan is to expect to be contending every year.
TRYING at least
ANYONE thinking that this management is really trying to win a SB is delusional
trying to be contending and and finishing in nfccg or sb is 2 seperate things IMO. 1998, 2007, 2009, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2021, 2023. 8 division titles in 29 year drought is not a bad thing the problem is jerry has not put together a complete team.Id say barring a few seasons they have contended.

I think jerry does try he just sucks at it.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Pure sign of unintelligence if you are promoting "whatever it takes to win"

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Bill Belicheck did "whatever" to win with inflate-gate...

Thats winning, lol

The whole story is trash.

rambo2

Reaction score
I looked at things differently back then. Different owner, coaches, system. I knew the Cowboys were a good team. Staubach was one of my favorite players coming out of college.
Dandy Don was the qb in 1969. Morton was the starter in 1970. Fans were saying that Landry can't win the big one.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
My new tact is to separate the Dallas Cowboys franchise and history from Mr Paternity Trial and his Ruddy Faced Nepo Baby.

The Cowboys are not the Jones Vanity Project.

If the team wins - Great.

If they lose I take solace in the fact that those losers are somewhat upset.

rambo2

Reaction score
I’m going to say that Duane Thomas became the full time starter after that Cardinals game, I believe it was vs the Giants. Long long time ago for these memory banks!
The win at Kansas City was key. Yes, it was a long time ago. The Chiefs went 50 years between Super Bowl wins. Holy Warren McVea.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Coming here every day 24x7x365 and crapping on a player or a coach or ownership is not being a good fan. There’s fans here who do nothing but that. You know who they are. Don’t try and tell me thats ok. It isn’t.
Perception is a mirror, not a fact. And what I look on is my state of mind, reflected outward. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep. And tanking never works. Never. No matter how people feel winning 12 games three years straight is hard. To build up a culture of winning doesn’t happen from tanking. Texans didn’t tank and people called them stupid….had they tanked they’d have Bryce Young instead of Stroud.
But I wouldn’t say never. Jimmy tanked in 1989 but we already had a crappy team he inherited from previous 3-13 season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Imagine this forum after losing 38-0 to St. Louis on MNF.
Yea but this forum has never experienced being to the mountain top.

This forum hadn’t even experienced making it to a championship game.

Hard to imagine since we’ve had smart phones and most even had the internet the Cowboys haven’t been to a Super Bowl.

JBS

Reaction score
You can’t sign your qb to 60M a year bc you are afraid of the unknown. That’s not how this game in the nfl works. That’s blatantly wrong.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you saying the negative naysayers are the only ones who should have a voice? It works both ways.
Of course everyone has a voice here as long as we are acting within the rules we all agreed to abide by when we signed up to be a part of this forum.

I can’t speak for Diehard but I think he may be saying there are over 20k Cowboys fans who are members here who don’t post their honest opinions that often because they don‘t want to be slammed for stating what they honestly believe or feel.

Putting it even simpler - everyone should be free to express their Cowboys opinion here. If someone doesn’t like that opinion, they should say why they disagree without calling them a “hater” or some other negative term.

Here‘s a major truth in my book: The minute someone starts attacking someone with insults and name calling, they just lost whatever argument was being shared. To insult someone is to surrender your argument. And sometimes, just agreeing to disagree makes everyone the winner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think no one here really likes Jerry. I find him personally distasteful.

I don’t think ownership has nearly as much of an impact on winning titles as some fans here do. The Hunt family went 50 years between titles. Mike Brown just saw his team in the Super Bowl recently. Kraft lucked into Brady+Belichick. And so on.
There is some sense of luck but hiring the right people who can make those decisions to place them in a better position to win is crucial.