Beating of Alabama man not seen as hate crime, despite claim 'Trayvon' invoked

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522312 said:
What agenda would that be? The agenda of getting the truth out? The sharing of facts? Yeah that would be an awful agenda.

I really wasn't referring to you. I naturally think that whatever my opinion is, yours will be the opposite. At least I've come to accept that. :)

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
DFWJC;4522291 said:
The one that blows me away and that has not been reported very much is the one where the white kid is walking home from school (East Kansas City)and is set on fire soley because of his race. The kids doing it were black kids who were yelling racial slurs while pouring kerosine all over the screaming kid. It reminded me of that junk that went on in Texas about 20 years ago, the other way around. The truck-dragging garbage.

I honestly think the news is afraid to publish some things, but that is beside the point.

The main question is: What is wrong with people (any race) who do anything evil that's racially motivated? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Pure ignorance.

Well, I know the answer but we can't discuss religion on this site.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4522318 said:
I really wasn't referring to you. I naturally think that whatever my opinion is, yours will be the opposite. At least I've come to accept that. :)

Some things are good to know they stay constant.:laugh2:

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
JonJon;4522327 said:
This thread title is very misleading.

Again, those are the facts as we know it according to the article. Not misleading at all. May be a bit disheartening for some, but not misleading.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522317 said:
Yeah, because there are always bats and paint cans on hand at a BASKETBALL GAME! :bang2:
did you read the article or did you just want to make it seem like it's not safe to be white? the people at the basketball court were kids, they went and got the adults who did this, so there were no bats or paint cans at the basketball game

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4522335 said:
Fraudulent even. Self-serving.

I challenge you to point out something from the story that makes it a fraudulent or misleading title.

The victim was white. Fact
The victim was a man. Fact
The victim was beaten. Fact
The victim was beaten according to the report and an eyewitness account it was "Justice for Trayvon". Fact.

What is misleading or fraudulent or even self serving about the title?

go!

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522332 said:
Again, those are the facts as we know it according to the article. Not misleading at all. May be a bit disheartening for some, but not misleading.

Just like you have been preaching in the all the Zimmerman/Martin threads, I think we need to wait until all the facts come out before jumping to conclusions. I have no doubt the man was brutally beaten and the attackers need to be arrested and taken to jail (if they haven't already). But calling it a hate crime in retaliation for Trayvon is a bit of a stretch. Someone probably did say something about justice for Trayvon, but the way the title is written leads one to believe that a group of black guys got together and attacked a white guy for the sole purpose of getting justice for Trayvon. That is not what the story indicates.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522332 said:

the facts as we know it from the article say the police couldn't get any other witness to confirm that this was said. so again, the mods should change the thread title.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4522338 said:
did you read the article or did you just want to make it seem like it's not safe to be white? the people at the basketball court were kids, they went and got the adults who did this, so there were no bats or paint cans at the basketball game

LOL, they weren't at a basketball court. GET IT? And the normal response is to always beat someone who tells your kids to get out of the road.

This is just too funny. Get real.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
JonJon;4522342 said:
Just like you have been preaching in the all the Zimmerman/Martin threads, I think we need to wait until all the facts come out before jumping to conclusions. I have no doubt the man was brutally beaten and the attackers need to be arrested and taken to jail (if they haven't already). But calling it a hate crime in retaliation for Trayvon is a bit of a stretch. Someone probably did say something about justice for Trayvon, but the way the title is written leads one to believe that a group of black guys got together and attacked a white guy for the sole purpose of getting justice for Trayvon. That is not what the story indicates.

Yes it does. We don't need any more evidence. We should just hang all of them if this guy dies. And if he doesn't we still need to hang them all. We don't need due process. Maybe the white panthers will riot. Oh wait there aren't any. Well, Maybe Billy Graham will lead a protest. Oh wait, he doesn't do that. Oh well, just hang em all and to hell with the evidence.

:rolleyes:

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
DFWJC;4522291 said:
The main question is: What is wrong with people (any race) who do anything evil that's racially motivated? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Pure ignorance.

The problem is the wrong diagnosis. Despite a nation of 300 million with a majority of people simply living, working and getting by day to day without much trouble, the propagators of racial tension will never give up their lucrative enterprise of fanning the flames. Aided by a completely and utterly abject and deceitful contingent of 'news' organizations.

The problem isn't skin color, it's an implied obligation of shared indignation. Every cited instance of abuse, hatred and violence is supposed to strike at the heart of everyone, and engender a reaction of any kind. People have been conditioned to simply accept this and they do.

People will take what is reported as gospel over their own experiences and this case and whatever added has the potential to do nothing more than drag our nation into unnecessary strife, due to the adopted feelings of indignation

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522345 said:
LOL, they weren't at a basketball court. GET IT? And the normal response is to always beat someone who tells your kids to get out of the road.

What is humorous is how you proclaimed your disdain for the media and they way they reported the story of Zimmerman and Trayvon, yet in this thread, you are biting the media cheese. Just sayin'... might want to head your own advice and wait until all the facts come out just like you have been preaching in the Zimmerman/Martin threads.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4522344 said:
the facts as we know it from the article say the police couldn't get any other witness to confirm that this was said. so again, the mods should change the thread title.

No they shouldn't. the mods wouldn't be that intellectually dishonest.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
JonJon;4522357 said:
What is humorous is how you proclaimed your disdain for the media and they way they reported the story of Zimmerman and Trayvon, yet in this thread, you are biting the media cheese. Just sayin'... might want to head your own advice and wait until all the facts come out just like you have been preaching in the Zimmerman/Martin threads.

No! I think the media doctored the pic of the victim. They probably took out some of the bruises and made him look like he was in better condition than he was.

And I think the blood patter on him was doctored as well.

owensbeating.JPG

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522341 said:
I challenge you to point out something from the story that makes it a fraudulent or misleading title.

The victim was beaten according to the report and an eyewitness account it was "Justice for Trayvon". Fact.

What is misleading or fraudulent or even self serving about the title?

go!

An eye witness whose story has not been collaborated by anyone. Even if it was said, the motive is in the article so again it's very misleading, self serving and just fraudulent to say he was beaten in retaliation for Travon Martin.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522353 said:
Yes it does. We don't need any more evidence. We should just hang all of them if this guy dies. And if he doesn't we still need to hang them all. We don't need due process. Maybe the white panthers will riot. Oh wait there aren't any. Well, Maybe Billy Graham will lead a protest. Oh wait, he doesn't do that. Oh well, just hang em all and to hell with the evidence.

:rolleyes:

Wow bro, calm down...seriously. Have you ever heard of the KKK? White Supremacist? Do you think they aren't still active? Anyhow, I don't know why you decided to go that direction as that is not the direction I was going in my reply.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522345 said:

again your agenda is showing, at no point did I say or imply that this was a normal reaction. I have even said this was probably racially motivated (just not TM motivated) and what should happen to those involved but go ahead and make it seem like I'm defending them.

JBond

Reaction score
zrinkill;4522236 said:
Goatboy is just trolling ...... pay him no mind.

Zrinkill. Please stop. I would like this thread to last a day or two. That is not helping.