Beating of Alabama man not seen as hate crime, despite claim 'Trayvon' invoked

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
So, Cajun, you're saying this was motivated by the Zimmerman/Martin case?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4522365 said:
An eye witness whose story has not been collaborated by anyone. Even if it was said, the motive is in the article so again it's very misleading, self serving and just fraudulent to say he was beaten in retaliation for Travon Martin.

Okay. So here is what you are trying to tell me. That there was soooo many black people who was OUTRAGED over the fact that this white guy had the stones to tell these kids to stop playing in the street, that they said, "We need to teach this white guy a lesson. No one tells our kids to get out of the street. Grab your bats, paint cans and pipes and lets go beat him." ALL OF THEM WAS DOWN WITH THAT? Oh and then they let the Travon reference slip.

Riiiiiiight.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
JonJon;4522368 said:
Wow bro, calm down...seriously. Have you ever heard of the KKK? White Supremacist? Do you think they aren't still active? Anyhow, I don't know why you decided to go that direction as that is not the direction I was going in my reply.

I'm just bringing the same element into this situation as the other. Isn't that fair? Or could it be that the racial angle in both cases is JUST PLAIN STUPID????

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522378 said:
Okay. So here is what you are trying to tell me. That there was soooo many black people who was OUTRAGED over the fact that this white guy had the stones to tell these kids to stop playing in the street, that they said, "We need to teach this white guy a lesson. No one tells our kids to get out of the street. Grab your bats, paint cans and pipes and lets go beat him." ALL OF THEM WAS DOWN WITH THAT? Oh and then they let the Travon reference slip.

Riiiiiiight.

Again, just like you preached in the other threads, you have to hear both sides of the story. You don't know if the man was threatening the kids or attempted to attack them in any way. Wait until the facts come out.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
JonJon;4522368 said:
Wow bro, calm down...seriously. Have you ever heard of the KKK? White Supremacist? Do you think they aren't still active? Anyhow, I don't know why you decided to go that direction as that is not the direction I was going in my reply.

I see no white in political power who give the KKK or other White Supremacist groups any legitimacy at all. They are plain and simple hate organizations who have been routinely condemned for what they are.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522378 said:

Riiiiiiight.

Are you trying to tell me that prior to the Zimmerman/Martin case no group of black people ever did anything like this to a white person?

Riiiiiiight.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522384 said:
I'm just bringing the same element into this situation as the other. Isn't that fair? Or could it be that the racial angle in both cases is JUST PLAIN STUPID????

I agree that the racial angles are stupid. I really wish we as a people were advanced far enough that race hatred would not be an issue. But obviously it is not, and we all have to deal with these crazy nonsense stories every day. Here's another that I just ran into:

North Dakota Man Convicted in Decapitation Slaying

A North Dakota man was convicted Tuesday of shooting and beheading a university researcher in what prosecutors claimed was an attempt to start a white supremacist group.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522384 said:
Or could it be that the racial angle in both cases is JUST PLAIN STUPID????

No, as I've said the racial angle in both cases applies I believe, however it's an illogical stretch to imply the TM case was the motivation.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522358 said:
No they shouldn't. the mods wouldn't be that intellectually dishonest.

apperently they are honest cause it's changed already. obvious troll is obvious....

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
So, Cajun, this was racially motivated and because of Trayvon? Are people that stupid to believe this? Even you said it. Zimmerman isn't white. So why would this be about race? Maybe you mean the police department?

I'm all for discussion, but what is there to intelligently discuss here? This is a hot-air article. It wasn't premeditated with Trayvon in mind or anything. Again, it's a misleading title.

JBond

Reaction score
I am not sure we should be mixing topics. This thread is about retaliation attacks, not the TM case.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4522370 said:
again your agenda is showing, at no point did I say or imply that this was a normal reaction. I have even said this was probably racially motivated (just not TM motivated) and what should happen to those involved but go ahead and make it seem like I'm defending them.

You want honesty? Here it is. Here is my agenda...

To prove the absurdity of the race baiters in the Zimmerman case by demonstrating absurdity here. At some point people will either get the point and knock it the F off or there is going to be one hell of a race riot. I don't give a rats rear end what the hell someone's color is. But I do get tired of watching these hate mongers accuse, find guilty and want executed before the facts are known. I think JonJon caught on but some of you didn't. It is a complete idiotic thing to use race as a weapon regardless of the outcome or initial intent. If this guy was beaten and it was either because of or even partly because of the Martin case, then they all need to be put to death because there is no place in this world for racial hate.

If JonJon cuts himself he bleeds the same damn color I do. It shouldn't matter one little bit what the outside looks like. Color of skin, physical deformity or whatever, it should make a damned bit of difference. But unless we are able to get over this kind of crap, and we stop people like The black panthers, the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons and the Jerehiah Wrights, we are all in for one hell of problem that nobody really wants.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4522397 said:
I'm all for discussion, but what is there to intelligently discuss here? This is a hot-air article. It wasn't premeditated with Trayvon in mind or anything. Again, it's a misleading title.

They funny part is it seems he wanted to expose the double standard by wondering aloud why this was not seen as a hate crime, but not too many people (if any disagreed). The only part that was called out is the suggesting that this was motivated by the TM case.

Obvious trolling if you ask me.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4522403 said:
You want honesty? Here it is. Here is my agenda...

To prove the absurdity of the race baiters in the Zimmerman case by demonstrating absurdity here. At some point people will either get the point and knock it the F off or there is going to be one hell of a race riot. I don't give a rats rear end what the hell someone's color is. But I do get tired of watching these hate mongers accuse, find guilty and want executed before the facts are known. I think JonJon caught on but some of you didn't. It is a complete idiotic thing to use race as a weapon regardless of the outcome or initial intent. If this guy was beaten and it was either because of or even partly because of the Martin case, then they all need to be put to death because there is no place in this world for racial hate.

If JonJon cuts himself he bleeds the same damn color I do. It shouldn't matter one little bit what the outside looks like. Color of skin, physical deformity or whatever, it should make a damned bit of difference. But unless we are able to get over this kind of crap, and we stop people like The black panthers, the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons and the Jerehiah Wrights, we are all in for one hell of problem that nobody really wants.

One area where we'll disagree is, acting like race isn't an issue won't make it go away. I honestly believe that the guy being white had something to do with the crowd doing what they did. Should I ignore that? No, and they should be held accountable.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4522408 said:
They funny part is it seems he wanted to expose the double standard by wondering aloud why this was not seen as a hate crime, but not too many people (if any disagreed). The only part that was called out is the suggesting that this was motivated by the TM case.

Obvious trolling if you ask me.

Really? I think accomplished what I set out to do with this thread.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4522415 said:
One area where we'll disagree is, acting like race isn't an issue won't make it go away. I honestly believe that the guy being white had something to do with the crowd doing what they did. Should I ignore that? No, and they should be held accountable.

Missed my whole point. It wasn't about whether it was race related or not. But the stupidity on both side of this issue that race "Should" be a focus. It wasn't in the Martin case for sure since he wasn't a racist.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4522223 said:
If Zimmerman gets off on the murder charge (and especially if he gets outright acquitted) I except something similar to the Rodney King riots in major cities across the country.

This could get very bad at some point down the road.

Maybe but it doesn't take something like this to happen for people to riot, people riot when their favorite team wins/loses a championship game/series.

As for this case and the racial divide that the Zimmerman-Trayvon has created it makes me sad as an American we should all be together and be angry at people who get killed in cold blood no matter what the color of the person is. Some belittle the person who died if it's a person of a different race.