Belicheat, Brady claim ignorance; NFL Statement Post #434

Rogah

Reaction score
Yes. I am assuming they are bald-faced lying. Both about this and about the tapes--for which they actually were punished.

It doesnt' matter, though. The burden of proof in these cases isn't what it is in criminal court. There's sufficient real and circumstantial evidence that these guys are cheaters. I hope the league hits them and hits them hard for it. We'll see.
What's the real evidence? All there is right now is cirucmstantial; i.e. 11 balls were 2 PSI low.

Oh and you may not have heard. Currently we are hearing whispers that they were not 2 PSI low and instead they were only 1 PSI low. It'll be interesting to hear what the truth is.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Yes. I am assuming they are bald-faced lying. Both about this and about the tapes--for which they actually were punished.

It doesnt' matter, though. The burden of proof in these cases isn't what it is in criminal court. There's sufficient real and circumstantial evidence that these guys are cheaters. I hope the league hits them and hits them hard for it. We'll see.

Yes by some media types and people who have nothing better to talk about but at the end of the day. Brady goes home with 3 rings and possibly a 4th one to his HOT wife in their mansion as king football. Probably greatest QB to play ( argument not saying I agree ) but that will be all over ever TV show. Lil Bill goes down with 4 SB right into HOF thank you very much

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's the real evidence? All there is right now is cirucmstantial; i.e. 11 balls were 2 PSI low.

Oh and you may not have heard. Currently we are hearing whispers that they were not 2 PSI low and instead they were only 1 PSI low. It'll be interesting to hear what the truth is.

The evidence is that the balls were not low, and then they were low. And that there was a benefit to be had for the balls to be low. What more are you expecting? A photo of Brady and Bill on the sidelines letting some air out and laughing? Brady's fingerprints on the ball?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes by some media types and people who have nothing better to talk about but at the end of the day. Brady goes home with 3 rings and possibly a 4th one to his HOT wife in their mansion as king football. Probably greatest QB to play ( argument not saying I agree ) but that will be all over ever TV show. Lil Bill goes down with 4 SB right into HOF thank you very much

They also go home as repeated cheaters. What's your point? That cheaters prospered in this case? Ok. You're right about that.

Rogah

Reaction score
The evidence is that the balls were not low, and then they were low.
Right. That's what I was talking about when I said there was circumstantial evidence (and that's even assuming the unnamed source who said they were 2 PSI low is legit).

You said there was real and circumstantial evidence. I want to know what your "real" evidence is.

joseephuss

Reaction score

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right. That's what I was talking about when I said there was circumstantial evidence (and that's even assuming the unnamed source who said they were 2 PSI low is legit).

You said there was real and circumstantial evidence. I want to know what your "real" evidence is.

I was talking generally at that point about the Patriots cheating, including the Spygate evidence.

Though I'm not really sure more evidence of the deflation issue is needed beyond the balls being deflated when they should not have been.

sacase

Reaction score
What a joke by the NFL. Not going to talk to Brady until after the Superbowl.

Rogah

Reaction score
I was talking generally at that point about the Patriots cheating, including the Spygate evidence.
OK sorry but you don't get to take something that happened 7 years ago and use it as evidence of footballs being deflated last week.
Though I'm not really sure more evidence of the deflation issue is needed beyond the balls being deflated when they should not have been.
Of course it is. As several real world grown up scientists have demonstrated, footballs deflate with negative temperature changes and added moisture. A drop of ~2 PSI is well within reason given the conditions last Sunday.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

And this is why I've sat silent before indicting anyone. The latest news is 10 of the balls were 11.5 and 1 was 2 psi lower. So now we are getting into different circumstances. I'm waiting for this to be a bs witch hunt that turns into nothing and all the screaming will turn into "oh well, next soap box."

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK sorry but you don't get to take something that happened 7 years ago and use it as evidence of footballs being deflated last week.
Of course it is. As several real world grown up scientists have demonstrated, footballs deflate with negative temperature changes and added moisture. A drop of ~2 PSI is well within reason given the conditions last Sunday.

Did they explain why it only seems to happen on one of the two sidelines?

And this is why I've sat silent before indicting anyone. The latest news is 10 of the balls were 11.5 and 1 was 2 psi lower. So now we are getting into different circumstances. I'm waiting for this to be a bs witch hunt that turns into nothing and all the screaming will turn into "oh well, next soap box."

Now, if it turns out that the balls really weren't deflated at all below the acceptable threshold, then obviously this all is a very different story. But I think the premise of the thread was that the balls were deflated and the Coach and QB were claiming ignorance as to how that could have happened.

Even if it did turn out to be overblown or manufactured, as far as I'm concerned, that's what the Pats get for losing the benefit of the doubt by cheating in the first place. I don't feel sorry for them in the slightest.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Did they explain why it only seems to happen on one of the two sidelines?

Now, if it turns out that the balls really weren't deflated at all below the acceptable threshold, then obviously this all is a very different story. But I think the premise of the thread was that the balls were deflated and the Coach and QB were claiming ignorance as to how that could have happened.

Even if it did turn out to be overblown or manufactured, as far as I'm concerned, that's what the Pats get for losing the benefit of the doubt by cheating in the first place. I don't feel sorry for them in the slightest.

And that's respectable and fine. I'm still just going to sit and then I'll rip someone if they are shown to have done something. I get it though. I just think this is going to be nothing and some weak fines will come down.

khiladi

Reaction score
People miss the full issue here.

The Patriots fumbling statistics since 2007 are off the charts. Statistical anomalies point to this not being only a game issue, but a systematic technique employed by the Patriots to protect the football.

Warren Sharp has dug even further than original and started looking at individual Patriots players fumbling before, during and after the Patriots, and the numbers get even more fishy. He even said when he first looked into the issue, he thought it was ridiculous and stretching and probably nothing of significance, but he says it's just not possible.

I even heard on NFL Network an analyst said that accusations against the Patriots deflating the balls is not a single incident. I'm beginning to think players are getting tired of their antics and people are leaking information.

The Patriots, BB and TB would just love it if this was mentioned only as a one-time incident.

joseephuss

Reaction score
That comment reminded me 100% of the idiots who thought Dean Blandino on the Jones' bus meant the Cowboys would get preferential treatment.

Surprised to see such an idiotic comment given any attention in this forum.

I thought it was funny.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
If anybody hasn't bothered to click on this link yet, I'd say it's recommended reading. It puts the Patriots 'success' at holding onto the football into a really useful context.
Makes me wonder what they're still getting away with that we haven't found out about yet.