Belicheat, Brady claim ignorance; NFL Statement Post #434

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm not a Pats apologist; I just follow the evidence. I sense from going through these threads that people who solve problems for a living have a different take on this than some others do, because it is hard to keep your job if you jump to conclusions and make wrong decisions. With regard to Belichick being responsible, surely you don't think Jason Garrett is responsible for Josh Brent's car crash?

So now you are jumping to conclusions about people's careers and training based on a few internet postings. Pot meet Kettle.

People are responding to information that has been reported and then using common sense and history to draw conclusions. That is what is done in online forums. It's not a court of law.

And Belichick is ultimately responsible for his players and their actions. How he deals with them is how he should be judged. He can make excuses, look the other way and condone bad behavior. Or he can demand personal accountability and mete out punishment.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Belichick or any other head coach is responsible for the teams actions related to the football games. He isn't responsible of what they do off the field in their personal lives. Belichick isn't responsible for Aaron Hernandez and Garrett isn't responsible for Josh Brent.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Not to hard to figure out....because they have been caught cheating before and it looks like they have been caught again. But please continue on with your rant that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

The Cowboys should cheat like them !!! Please best QB and Best Coach hate all you want.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
All those things I do respect and there is no hate but there is also no reason to violate the rules. Pats are good no reason to do it. For me this has nothing to do with hate, it has everything to do with cheating the rules of the game and the game itself. To blow it off in my view is to say the Pats are above any rules the NFL has and they are not.

Where did they Cheat? Is this a fact the 49ers cheated when they best us in 94 with paying above the salary cap. Thats cheating !! deflating footballs allegedly might I add. Brady said he wasn't aware and so did Bill ... So call them cheaters

ilovejerry

Reaction score
I wouldn't think do. They can never prove "HE" did it. He is Teflon on this one.

Maybe but Brady could have done this on his own. Protecting Bill.

Why does it have to be hate? Just don't like what they are doing.

He showed big bill that he could do it without him BY GAINING "competitive advantage". So did be really show big bill or is big bill laughing saying... My 2 Super Bowls aren't tainted... Your 3 are.

So. While I agree with you... Yes give pats credit for always being competitive.... But it's possible that they could have lost 2 of those 3 superbowls,... Then lost to giants 2x.

How does the legacy look then? Very Buffalo Bills-like, yes?

Sorry Dude I have to disagree with you Bill Parcels won yes But in the new era couldn't win without little Bill. If you're going to say Little Bill won while cheating on all 3 SB I totally disagree. Its all opinion I know that but seeing both of these guys, I would take little Bill anyway of the week over Tuna.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
I agree.Then why do all this dumb stuff and risk getting your coach banned for a year and costing yourself draft picks and money? I guess all the SBs are worth it even if they are a little tarnished.

But we don't know he did it? Do we? Bradys the man and so is little Bill. Just my humble opinion its the week before the week of the SB media needs a story

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Apparently, some people have issues with cheating and lying. These are separate things from their abilities on the field.

That press conference was a thumb in the commissioner's eye again. I can't imagine feigning innocence is going to play well. I guess we'll see.

What cheating ? Who cheated? we don't know who did it. You don't know your asumming there lying look I'm not a fan of the Pats but whatever there doing works I should only have there problems

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Obviously they havent been the best because they havent won a superbowl in 10 yrs.

Who the Pats? really want to go there, There org is top notch. cheating or no cheating and if you disagree don't even respond

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Hey, let's just forget about Spygate, Deflategate, and all of the other violations they are guilty of since Belicheat took over. They are the greatest team in the history of sports!? :grin:

No that would be the NY Yankees and Montreal Canadiens, maybe the Boston celtics I don't follow basketball.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Sorry Dude I have to disagree with you Bill Parcels won yes But in the new era couldn't win without little Bill. If you're going to say Little Bill won while cheating on all 3 SB I totally disagree. Its all opinion I know that but seeing both of these guys, I would take little Bill anyway of the week over Tuna.

Agree to disagree. All good.

I want to give Belicheck credit for Super Bowl wins but we are just touching the surface as to what the full extent of his cheating / unfair advantage has/had gone to.

We are seeing a possible 3 time Super Bowl loser in a coach here. Dan Reeves-style.

I do find a flaw in done of your logic.

So Parcells wins 2 with giants, takes pats to SB, take jets to AFC tile game, cowboys to the playoffs with Quincy and romo.

Parcells is the only coach to lead 4 different teams to the playoffs.
Only coach to take 3 different teams conference championship game.

Parcells "clean" resume:

- Giants 2 Super Bowl wins
- Pats to superbowl
- jets to AFC title game
- cowboys to playoffs

Belicheck fails in Cleveland first has success second,
Parcells has success first, then never fails. Just never wins a Super Bowl.

One of this is better than he other? Yes, Parcells is more impressive.

Rogah

Reaction score

Bill Parcells: 0 playoff victories in 8 years without Bill Belichick on his coaching staff.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I cant believe some of you guys actually are buying this "weather caused the drop" bs from hoodie....................air condenses in cold weather, so both the Colt balls and the Pat balls would be affected. Even if the Pats aired their balls up in 100 degree sauna, they were checked 2-3 hours before the game at room temp by referee Walt Anderson with an air gauge and were compliant at that point along with the Colt balls as well. Then all 24 balls were taken to the field where somehow the weather caused the Pat balls to lose 15% of their air and the Colt balls remained at the same pressure they were gauged at for the entire first half.

This is scientifically impossible for weather to cause some footballs to deflate and others not to, the cold would cause and equal condensation of air in all footballs equally when exposed to the elements. Even if the Colt balls were inflated higher than the Pat balls originally, you would still see a drop in their air pressure as well. There is also no known way to scuff a football to prevent it from being affected by air condensation in cold conditions unless you rubbed some sort of insulating agent on the ball which would have been detected by the refs 2-3 hours before the game.

This is just scientifically not possible and if it is, I would love to know how..................then I can go back to the College of Natural Science at University of Texas where I got my degree from and explain to them this new phenomenon...........maybe they will put my picture on the wall for explaining a new phenomenon to them.;)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What cheating ? Who cheated? we don't know who did it. You don't know your asumming there lying look I'm not a fan of the Pats but whatever there doing works I should only have there problems

Yes. I am assuming they are bald-faced lying. Both about this and about the tapes--for which they actually were punished.

It doesnt' matter, though. The burden of proof in these cases isn't what it is in criminal court. There's sufficient real and circumstantial evidence that these guys are cheaters. I hope the league hits them and hits them hard for it. We'll see.

Rogah

Reaction score
crybaby.png
'm sorry, I can't understand you through all your whining.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. All good.

I want to give Belicheck credit for Super Bowl wins but we are just touching the surface as to what the full extent of his cheating / unfair advantage has/had gone to.

Well I don't know if I would call it cheating, unfair advantage? I mean the spygate thing Im not going to say I'm fully aware of exactly what he did. but the deflating ball thing is idiotic.

We are seeing a possible 3 time Super Bowl loser in a coach here. Dan Reeves-style.

I don't know about that he beat a really good Ram team and undressed the eagles.

I do find a flaw in done of your logic.

So Parcells wins 2 with giants, takes pats to SB, take jets to AFC tile game, cowboys to the playoffs with Quincy and romo.

Wait. He took the Giants to SB with lil Bill as his assist and Pats and Jets. Cowboys to playoffs and did what. Quit bring in Vinny and Bledsoe, Don't forget he went to Miami and g-d knows what her did there Im just not buying the Tuna is all that and a bag of chips. This lil Bill constantly lost assistants and big name players and keeps winning, That says a lot to me.

Parcells is the only coach to lead 4 different teams to the playoffs.
Only coach to take 3 different teams conference championship game.

Doesn't impress me he won 2 SB so did Jimmy

Parcells "clean" resume:

what clean? really clean? This isn't 1960 anymore Tom Landry isn't the coach if you mean allegations and what not big deal lil Bill will be in the HOF. Clean, dirty, whatever he needs to live with whatever he did.

- Giants 2 Super Bowl wins
- Pats to superbowl
- jets to AFC title game
- cowboys to playoffs

NOT A FAN OVER HYPED LOUD MOUTH NYer

In your opinion. I would take lil Bill its all good just agree to disagree

ilovejerry

Reaction score
I cant believe some of you guys actually are buying this "weather caused the drop" bs from hoodie....................air condenses in cold weather, so both the Colt balls and the Pat balls would be affected. Even if the Pats aired their balls up in 100 degree sauna, they were checked 2-3 hours before the game at room temp by referee Walt Anderson with an air gauge and were compliant at that point along with the Colt balls as well. Then all 24 balls were taken to the field where somehow the weather caused the Pat balls to lose 15% of their air and the Colt balls remained at the same pressure they were gauged at for the entire first half.

This is scientifically impossible for weather to cause some footballs to deflate and others not to, the cold would cause and equal condensation of air in all footballs equally when exposed to the elements. Even if the Colt balls were inflated higher than the Pat balls originally, you would still see a drop in their air pressure as well. There is also no known way to scuff a football to prevent it from being affected by air condensation in cold conditions unless you rubbed some sort of insulating agent on the ball which would have been detected by the refs 2-3 hours before the game.

This is just scientifically not possible and if it is, I would love to know how..................then I can go back to the College of Natural Science at University of Texas where I got my degree from and explain to them this new phenomenon...........maybe they will put my picture on the wall for explaining a new phenomenon to them.;)

But really who cares ! Brady would have won that game throwing a watermelon......get over it ....Their a great team...WE got robbed if anyone cheated the NFL did on Dez