Belicheat, Brady claim ignorance; NFL Statement Post #434

Doomsay

Reaction score
If Tom will bring Gisele with him to the PC along with various Victoria secret model friends of hers I can guarantee he won't get bagged on too much

The funny thing is, Tom might take the hit for the team, but his Teutonic wife will probably disclose the truth in some kind of inopportune rant like she did after the last SB loss.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Belicheck used the " I" to potentially avoid any fines coming to " him"...

This will go through several " I's" ... Brady next.... until no one can be found or some poor equipment guy gets the ax.....

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
The funny thing is, Tom might take the hit for the team, but his Teutonic wife will probably disclose the truth in some kind of inopportune rant like she did after the last SB loss.

I am sure she is meditating as we speak.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Nothing is going to happen. Kraft is essentially the biggest supporter of Goodell. They've got close ties. Kraft also has ties to CBS, which influences the revenue pool for the owners.

http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/roger-goodell-robert-kraft-photo-deflategate/

The NFL revenue sharing model favors every team. The only exception is the Cowboys, which probably explains the bias against them. The Cowboys have exclusive rights to their merchandise and don't share with other teams..

SB victories would dramatically boost Dallas revenue on merchandise at the expense of other teams.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...iness-model-nba-nhl-mlb-comparison-salary-cap

Well stated.

Glad to see someone else notes the way JJ has set up his own revenue stream. Also explains why he doesn't huff and puff on calls etc, as the less he has to do lock horns with the league the better.

He knows the Cowboys will be even more popular as they show improvement, and as you point outa SB or SB's would be the equivalent of his striking " Black Gold" in his former oilman days...... JJ sees those $$$$$$$$$ coming...

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
They did something, so the latter point is mute. They did Spygate and they did this, and who knows what else they did.

This right here.

They have been caught in the spygate scandal and now they have been caught deflating footballs to gain an advantage. You'd have to be very naive to think that there aren't other instances where they have cheated.

I don't want to hear this mess about talent and how good they have been for years and years and their great system for winning, yadda, yadda, yadda. There is no wonder that Tom Brady and the Patriots have been to six super bowls recently. Where would we have been if we had tape on our opponents and knew their plays over the last 10 years? How about if Tony Romo got to illegally tamper with the balls so he got them just right for his liking?

This is a slap in the face to the game. It's a blatant disrespect to all of the other athletes and teams in the league who did it the right way. It's also a slap in the face to the fans who spend their hard earned money that keeps this league going.

This league is turning into a friggin' joke with the officials deciding more and more games and the Patriot's continuing to be flashed as this great organization that keeps churning out winners year in and year out with the great Brady and that genius coach they have that used to struggle as the coach of the Cleveland Browns. They are cheaters, not winners or a franchise that has the model of consistent greatness.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Not a chance because he risks getting suspended. They have a scenario all worked out where some flunkie ball boy or equipment person will eventually take the fall and claim he did it all on his own after hearing Brady or someone else say they wish the ball could be deflated a little in bad weather. They will convince the guy he will be a local hero and may even promise to reassign him to a better job since the league will probably demand he no longer have access to equipment.

Or he played a little, and knows how this helps......

dogberry

Reaction score
After what happened to Witten, Romo, and us in Seattle, I don't want the Seahawks benefiting from NE's punishment.

Paul Allen pulling strings from his yacht while he sails through the fog in a Canadian fjord is not my idea of a happy ending.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
This right here.

They have been caught in the spygate scandal and now they have been caught deflating footballs to gain an advantage. You'd have to be very naive to think that there aren't other instances where they have cheated.

I don't want to hear this mess about talent and how good they have been for years and years and their great system for winning, yadda, yadda, yadda. There is no wonder that Tom Brady and the Patriots have been to six super bowls recently. Where would we have been if we had tape on our opponents and knew their plays over the last 10 years? How about if Tony Romo got to illegally tamper with the balls so he got them just right for his liking?

This is a slap in the face to the game. It's a blatant disrespect to all of the other athletes and teams in the league who did it the right way. It's also a slap in the face to the fans who spend their hard earned money that keeps this league going.

This league is turning into a friggin' joke with the officials deciding more and more games and the Patriot's continuing to be flashed as this great organization that keeps churning out winners year in and year out with the great Brady and that genius coach they have that used to struggle as the coach of the Cleveland Browns. They are cheaters, not winners or a franchise that has the model of consistent greatness.

Tagliabue as least knew how to " herd the squirrels"

mahoneybill

Reaction score
After what happened to Witten, Romo, and us in Seattle, I don't want the Seahawks benefiting from NE's punishment.

Paul Allen pulling strings from his yacht while he sails through the fog in a Canadian fjord is not my idea of a happy ending.

Agree. They in effect admit that the slippery ball could be the reason for Romo, who after all handles the ball on every play, and was the holder as I recall that year, would suddenly get a case of the " dropsies"

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Sometimes " the pants" are worn by the partner , and the cajones owned by them :):)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score

Another example is what a class organization the Steelers are. They aren't.

They are like 3rd in the NFL in arrests since 2008 or 2009.
The face of the franchise is a serial rapist.
Tomlin coming on the field getting in the way of a kick returner.
Bringing back Harrison, .. a known abuser of females even after the Ray Rice fiasco.

And yet the NFL narrative is that the Steelers are choir boys, blue collar boys, .. class organization.

Last edited:

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Sure it can. The guy can sing at any time for money or the sideline cameras might very well have picked him up doing it. It may never come out but it certainly could.

But that doesn't prove anything if it's just some ball boy looking for a payout. No way Brady is taking the fall.

khiladi

Reaction score

Tomlin coming on the field getting in the way of a punt returner.
Bringing back Harrison, .. a known abuser of females even after the Ray Rice fiasco.

And yet the NFL narrative is that the Steelers are choir boys, blue collar boys, .. class organization.

You know what's even more hilarious.

I just recently found out the Rooney family has ties to gambling that go way back. That team is as dirty, if not more dirty than the Patriots.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s-longtime-gambling-ties/stories/200807100256

CrownCowboy

Reaction score

Tomlin coming on the field getting in the way of a punt returner.

Don't get me started on the Steelers.......lol.