Belicheat, Brady claim ignorance; NFL Statement Post #434

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Possibly, but I guarantee he knew exactly what happened 30 minutes after he found out it was even an issue which was Monday morning at the latest. So he lied through his teeth today about not knowing what happened. He definitely now knows exactly what happened and his part of the coverup is to deny knowledge and play dumb until the flunkie ball boy takes the fall.

You guarantee? So what's your evidence?

Second, just because he finds out later doesn't mean he knew when it occurred. This is the gotcha game.
He could very well have found out later and then when asked if he knew about the deflated balls, responded by saying, "I didn't know." You can just as easily assume that he meant he didn't know at the time the balls were deflated. And that's why you ask follow-up, clarifying questions.

khiladi

Reaction score
Uh, no, he doesn't. That's the writer interpreting the situation. Besides, Belichick says that in practice they use a wet ball, a hard ball, etc. That doesn't mean he does that with a game ball.

It shows Bill Bellichek pays attention to the minutest details, including the balls being flat, which is the point. The point being, he understands the implications of the type of ball, enough to practice it mercilessly which you denied.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Balls given to them 15 min before the game by halftime these balls were below the PSI required.

I'm not following you. So the balls were given to them full of pressure and then by halftime they didn't have the appropriate pressure in them? So that's Belichick's fault?

khiladi

Reaction score
There is no denying the balls were doctored. This is now accepted. Bellichek is arguing that he has no idea how it happened, but even he essentially admits it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm not following you. So the balls were given to them full of pressure and then by halftime they didn't have the appropriate pressure in them? So that's Belichick's fault?

He is responsible for what takes place, it is great passing the buck to everyone else but 1 man is in change on that sideline. Hell by the time the pats are done the ball boy will be serving the punishment. You can do the lawyer act all you want but at the end of the day the HC is fully responsible for his team and the actions of his team on that field.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Agree. It will open up the whole bogus tripping call by Bennie Barnes.

Plus the did Big Ben really score against Hawks

We all know the answers to those questions.

It's funny that over the years Jerry Jones has been probably the most scrutinized owner in the league all the while the Rooneys, Maras and Kraft have really been viewed as saints that have been instrumental to the league becoming what it is today.

Those guys are probably the most corrupt, unfair owners in professional sports that go out of their way to illegally stick it to their opposition. Their tactics, which I won't get into, have set the game back years and have thrown respect as it pertains to the integrity of the game out the window.

khiladi

Reaction score
We all know the answers to those questions.

It's funny that over the years Jerry Jones has been probably the most scrutinized owner in the league all the while the Rooneys, Maras and Kraft have really been viewed as saints that have been instrumental to the league becoming what it is today.

Those guys are probably the most corrupt, unfair owners in professional sports that go out of their way to illegally stick it to their opposition. Their tactics, which I won't get into, have set the game back years and have thrown respect as it pertains to the integrity of the game out the window.

I respect Jones even more after reading up about these guys. At least Jerry is honest. Jones didn't even fit the bill of Jerry's World on the tax payers like Kraft did, who whined and threatened to move the Patriots out of Boston if he didn't get his stadium. Kraft then donates a couple of dollars to some charity and broadcasts it to the world.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I respect Jones even more after reading up about these guys. At least Jerry is honest. Jones didn't even fit the bill of Jerry's World on the tax payers like Kraft did, who whined and threatened to move the Patriots out of Boston if he didn't get his stadium.

He then donates a couple of dollars to some charity and broadcasts it to the world.

Exactly.

And I didn't want to hijack the thread talking about how corrupt these guys are. I just thought it was worth mentioning as a side note as it pertains to what the Patriots have been caught doing with the deflated balls.

These guys really need to be stopped.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
New England rushed 40 times. Blount rushed 30 times during the game and had 3 TDs. They came into that game-plan with the intention of running the ball alot, especially after the Colts shut down Broncos passing game..

I don't find it at all unbelievable that the Patriots would deflate balls to protect from fumbling, in such conditions.

Possibly, but only if the QB signs off on it. That's the point. No one is doing anything to the game footballs that isn't first okayed by the team's star QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Possibly, but only if the QB signs off on it. That's the point. No one is doing anything to the game footballs that isn't first okayed by the team's star QB.

Oh yeah, I think Brady is part of the whole thing. Both him and Bellichek.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
You guarantee? So what's your evidence?

Second, just because he finds out later doesn't mean he knew when it occurred. This is the gotcha game.
He could very well have found out later and then when asked if he knew about the deflated balls, responded by saying, "I didn't know." You can just as easily assume that he meant he didn't know at the time the balls were deflated. And that's why you ask follow-up, clarifying questions.

No, he said today he has no explanation on what happened. What he wants everyone to think by saying that is that he doesn't have any clue as to why the 11 balls were deflated. What I said is I guarantee he knows exactly what happened and he knew it within 30 minutes of finding out this was an issue. Therefore, he was lying though his teeth today and that was my point.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
No, he said today he has no explanation on what happened. What he wants everyone to think by saying that is that he doesn't have any clue as to why the 11 balls were deflated. What I said is I guarantee he knows exactly what happened and he knew it within 30 minutes of finding out this was an issue. Therefore, he was lying though his teeth today and that was my point.

Yep.

He acted like this issue just all of the sudden was brought to his desk.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score

"Stunned"....words fail me. Why would they want to be labelled cheaters a just over a week before the biggest game of the season. Labeling this as a master plan is quite literally insane.

Nation

Reaction score
"Stunned"....words fail me. Why would they want to be labelled cheaters a just over a week before the biggest game of the season. Labeling this as a master plan is quite literally insane.

Patriots will win this team by two touchdowns. We have seen how they respond after weeks when they are questioned.