Best Metallica Song?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

My fave. this live performance in Moscow 1991 is very impressive and worth the watch. I never got a chance to see them in their prime.

I like Slayer but I have always preferred Sepultura and by extension Soulfly

I won't link Soulfly cause the songs are not going to pass board policy muster.

Sepultura, Fuzzy, are amazing. Dood, you know your music. "Battery" is legit as hell.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score

My fave. this live performance in Moscow 1991 is very impressive and worth the watch. I never got a chance to see them in their prime.

I like Slayer but I have always preferred Sepultura and by extension Soulfly

I won't link Soulfly cause the songs are not going to pass board policy muster.

Battery is a fantastic tune.

Creeping Death is a favorite of mine. Ride and Master are my favorite albums of theirs. Spent many nights listening to those "tapes" with friends and raising all sorts of hell.

Enter Sandman isn't even the best song on its album - Sad But True is.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I like/love Metallica, but TOOL is a rung higher for me.

Huge Tool fan, but Metallica has way more songs that break the greatness barrier than Tool. The combination of Ride the Lightening and Master of Puppets basically put 99.99% of most bands out of reach.

The even bigger issue is Metallica doesn't just live on those two albums alone. Kill'em All, ..and Justice for All, Black, (some) of Load and Reload. Hell Death Magnetic has a couple of very good songs and lets not even talk about their covers which many are far better than the originals. (yeah, not all!!!!!)

ShortRound

Reaction score
Huge Tool fan, but Metallica has way more songs that break the greatness barrier than Tool. The combination of Ride the Lightening and Master of Puppets basically put 99.99% of most bands out of reach.

The even bigger issue is Metallica doesn't just live on those two albums alone. Kill'em All, ..and Justice for All, Black, (some) of Load and Reload. Hell Death Magnetic has a couple of very good songs and lets not even talk about their covers which many are far better than the originals. (yeah, not all!!!!!)

Learning alot on this thread, I've never dug deeper than the middle years honestly. Gonna have to now.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Opiate, Undertow, Lateralus, Aenima, 10,000 Days are all masterpieces.

Not saying Tool is better than Metallica, but every album of Tool is a standout, which can't be said for Metallica