Best Quartbacks in NFL History Tier List

Hadenough

Reaction score
Geesh! Lots of sour grapes here. Complainers about Marino should realize he had no help period! Two undersized WRs no running game and no defense.
This list isn't the greatest but it's not bad. Those complaining about Eli don't realize how good he played once he got into the playoffs. Yea yea he had a defense but I don't even think that defense was ranked top 5. Heck if anyone rode a top defense to a SB it was Payton Manning and you could include Aikman in there. And it's not pre mature to have Mahommes in that list.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is a good quarterback. But his lone super bowl win was with one of the greatest defenses in nfl history and a beast mode running game. To put him in the same tier as Troy and Starr is just nuts.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If you were going to start a team with anyone, Marino might be that guy. He put up incredible numbers in an era when defenders were still allowed to mug WRs and kill QBs.

+1 ...I've often said he is the greatest IMO. He did it with little or no talent around him. I have read a couple of HOFers say he had the quickest release ever seen.....hard to sack.

kskboys

Reaction score
+1 ...I've often said he is the greatest IMO. He did it with little or no talent around him. I have read a couple of HOFers say he had the quickest release ever seen.....hard to sack.
Marino had one 1,000 yd rusher during his career.

No one would even remember Duper and Clayton if they hadn't played w/ Marino. Both good WR's, but neither is anywhere near top tier.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If you were going to start a team with anyone, Marino might be that guy. He put up incredible numbers in an era when defenders were still allowed to mug WRs and kill QBs.
Yeah and won nothing. I’ll take Roger, his tour of duty and his championships over Marino and his skill.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"I'd put dak on top and the rest don't matter. i love me some dak he's the best the best to ever have played"

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The person that made that list should be banned for no less than 10 years from any internet usage.

Thank you

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Just on the pure physical ability to consistently and accurately make all the professional throws its Rodgers and Marino.

This is my opinion and does not include ALL the everything else categories that go into being an NFL QB.

Just strictly the physical passing talent of the oblong ball.

Prime Marino or Rodgers.
Its one or the other imo.
I agree. Except I’d put Elway on your list.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They have at least three QBs on that list that will probably never get into the Hall of Fame, Drew Bledsoe, Donovan McNabb and Jim Plunkett but left Sonny Jurgensen off the list who is in the Hall of Fame. Matt Ryan may never get in the Hall of Fame and it’s debatable if Philip Rivers and Matt Stafford will get in. It will come down to their career numbers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Geesh! Lots of sour grapes here. Complainers about Marino should realize he had no help period! Two undersized WRs no running game and no defense.
This list isn't the greatest but it's not bad. Those complaining about Eli don't realize how good he played once he got into the playoffs. Yea yea he had a defense but I don't even think that defense was ranked top 5. Heck if anyone rode a top defense to a SB it was Payton Manning and you could include Aikman in there. And it's not pre mature to have Mahommes in that list.

Many are in denial with how good Eli played in the playoffs and Super Bowl. Some will never come to grips with it. They’ll argue the Giants won those two Super Bowls because of everyone but him despite the fact he was named MVP in both Super Bowls. His postseason play is why he will be in the Hall of Fame.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Many are in denial with how good Eli played in the playoffs and Super Bowl. Some will never come to grips with it. They’ll argue the Giants won those two Super Bowls because of everyone but him despite the fact he was named MVP in both Super Bowls. His postseason play is why he will be in the Hall of Fame.

Without his D Line he doesn't sniff a SB win.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Without his D Line he doesn't sniff a SB win.

His D was certainly a big reason the Giants won those Super Bowls but they were behind in both games until Ely brought them back in the closing seconds. Some of you continue to try and take credit away from him.