Bills trade Stefon Diggs to Texans

Kwyn

Reaction score
Everyone would have thought

...That Jerry got fleeced for an older WR they don't need.
It’s typical. Someone else does it and it’s dedication to win. Cowboys do it and it’s foolish and stupid.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like this move.

Houston didn't need a WR. Then they go and get the biggest diva in the sport. I think this will not go well for Houston's team chemistry.

Houston has Collins, Dell, and Shultz. When Diggs doesn't get targeted he is going to throw hissy fits like the diva that he is.

Buffalo a team that cut players for cap space just lost 3 million in cap space with this move. That should tell you how badly they wanted to get rid of Diggs.
all they have to do is have a team meeting, and then he'll start going off!!!! Remind you of anyone here???? lol

Kwyn

Reaction score
One thing that has to be considered in this trade is how much of the Texans' pie Diggs is now accounting for.

Plus the Texans don't always draft well. So their draft picks are less valuable than a team that always drafts well all of the time.
27m
28m
27m
22m

Zoners are upset about paying CeeDee. Imagine paying a 34 year old Diggs 28m

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
Wow, great move,
if the Texans with CJ Stroud as a rookie and without a great WR made far, now with a good WR they are going to be much better and still SB contenders, those are the moves that are required to improve, take risks, and above all negotiate, many said that Diggs was worth many first round picks, and yes he worth it, but trading him for a second pick is a great move, very good for the Texans, I think it will be my new team to follow, while Dak is in Dallas they are not going to win anything, and besides the Joneses have already made a circus out of this team, I have been a Dallas fan for many years, but i not masochistic, this team (Dallas) sucks and does not scare or excite anyone.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
this is the kind of move I thought Jerry meant when he said Dallas was "ALL IN"

rambo2

Reaction score
Jerry has done nothing!seen article yesterday about Henry was saying Dallas would had been a perfect fit and these clowns didn’t even contact him to see what it would take to get him, worst by far offseason ever And I’ve been a fan for 55 years!
If the Cowboys made this deal for Diggs, I would be pissed.

1942willys

Reaction score
The Texans really are all in
They are gambling Stroud is not a one year wonder which is not a bad gamble
Trying to take advantage of his rookie deal
I think they are doing the right thing overall; you have to take big risks to win it all

1942willys

Reaction score
marking a WR down for being a Diva is stupid since most of the best are
now his age is a factor; but clearly the Texans are looking at the next couple of years

Kingofholland

Reaction score
There will be fans that will turn this into a blast the Cowboys thread because they didn't make this deal. I certainly give the Texans credit for doing everything they can to surround CJ with talent and on paper the Texans have improved barring a sophmore slump from their QB. Acquring Diggs though would have been another 19 million a year on the cap and with a Lamb extension that would mean nearly 40 million allocated to receivers.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
now his age is a factor; but clearly the Texans are looking at the next couple of years
There is a difference when this particular wr forced himself off 2 teams and trashed his own QB.

rambo2

Reaction score
There will be several outstanding receivers on the board in the 2nd round and there certainly will be some on the board at 23 that they traded away to the Vikings. There is no guarantee that their moves will turn out well.