Blaming QB Equals Easy Way Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’ll never convince THEM. It’s not about winning the SB. It’s about Dak’s fantasy numbers or a different agenda all together.
Not trying to convince them as they are unfortunately a lost Dak cause.
What true fan places 1 single player over the entire franchise?
And that single player is primarily responsible for our playoff woes. :facepalm:
Oh well, it's a free country to each their own I guess............COWBOYS!!!!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blaming Jerry is the easiest way out.
Jerry can't read defenses and waits until the end of the game to come alive after the Scubs come in.

Jerry sucks.
Ya as they have run out of excuses they fall back on the Jerry excuse.
It is always there in a time of need.............ALWAYS!
P.S. Did you see that pick 6 Jerry threw in the wildcard game?:muttley:

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Honestly expletive what you talking about. When the qb gets paid what he gets paid for better or worse he’s going to get much of the blame. Same as he gets most of the credit and none of you dudes type this long bs about he doesn’t deserve that credit so be quiet about the blame too.
I assigned him 30 percent of the blame for the Green Bay loss. What percentage would you give?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the choker sets the tone of the game. If he's choking don't expect everybody not to see it. maybe that is why CD was pissed, or the stupid lady bags. Whatever happened it affected the whole team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
~2 hours pass~

Guess it is boycott or nothing.

Ironic.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You don't think there is a QB that could have won with this team? Several QB's could have beaten the 7th seed Packers, but not the Dakster.
Name them. With no run game, your only legit WR dropping passes and ranting like a child, you being hurried half the time while sacked 4 times, terrible pass play designs that set the QB and WR to fail, plus absolutely no Defense? Name which other QB would have beaten the Packers?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Name them. With no run game, your only legit WR dropping passes and ranting like a child, you being hurried half the time while sacked 4 times, terrible pass play designs that set the QB and WR to fail, plus absolutely no Defense? Name which other QB would have beaten the Packers?
Poor Dak had zero support AC.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nope you have reading problems like most Dak only fans.
You have a reading problem or an agenda if you think I’m a Dak only fan. I’ve been very objective when it comes to him and the rest of the players. I don’t pin all our losses on him and I didn’t pin them all on Romo when he was here.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I assigned him 30 percent of the blame for the Green Bay loss. What percentage would you give?
This is like asking what a girl is rated. I don’t do that silly stuff. Either I’d talk to her or not and same with this. They’re no actual percentage for me. He gets blame and trashed and I don’t really have nothing to say about it similar to the defense. I’m not defending their play either

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
First off, before people comment after just seeing the thread title, Dak deserves blame (I say 30%) for last month's loss. He, by his own admittance, sucked. Looked scared, uncomfortable and — probably most damning — displayed none of the leadership values we've heralded him for.

Is he the answer? I don't know. What I do know, however, is the problems of this franchise would be nearly impossible for any quarterback to overcome.

— Overhyped: This is the most overhyped roster in all of football. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed on the ground, and was lit up by Geno Smith at home. The offense halted against nearly every single above-average opponent they faced. The numbers were inflated due to the poor division we play in, but this isn't a top-five roster like some had us believe.

— Average head coaches: Here's a fun exercise. Let's look at the opportunities at head coach that our previous two coaches received after they were fired by Dallas. Wade Phillips (3 — interim) and Jason Garrett (0 — not even two full seasons as OC). Mike McCarthy will not have another head coaching opportunity after next season. Simply put - Our head coaches would not even be considered for HC gigs by the league's worst after they've been fired by us. And I'm not even talking about (outside of Dan Quinn) the litany of poor coordinators that overstayed their welcome here.

— Priorities in the wrong place: Micah Parsons doing a podcast with one playoff win on his resume. CeeDee Lamb being a visible drama queen whenever Dak doesn't throw it to him 10 times. Dak doing 15-plus commercials each year. Jerry Jones talking to the media before our head coach. It's a culture that lacks accountability, rewards players for being good in the regular season and not beyond, and prioritizes attention and hype over winning games in January.

— Jerry Jones: Here's another fun exercise. Check back on our schedule releases in recent years. Jerry Jones is front and center in those videos. No other owner in the league does what this man does. He's arguably the greatest businessman in NFL history and should be studied at every single business school across the country. But he's weighed down this franchise with his self-centered antics, know-it-all attitude, and wanting to be everybody's friend. People will keep attending games and buying Cowboys gear... a full-fledged boycott is required to truly incite any tangible change.

I could write a whole essay on my anger and frustration, but this is what it comes back to everytime. Outside of landing a Mahomes-like quarterback, nothing can be done to overcome the culture that JJ has established. I'll root like hell for them on Sundays from September until December, and know that it'll end very quickly in January. As long as JJ acts the way he always has — that won't change — this team is doomed before the season even starts.
Maybe I blame Dam because he is the leader of the team, touches the ball every snap and is paid $40-something mil.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
well, dak lovers have run out of excuses, now this new one. easy way out. They were nobody left on the team to blame for the choker. sheesh.

RoboQB

Reaction score
As a basic rule, the QB gets 50% blame for a loss,
just as a starting baseline. That percentage increases with every turnover and 3-and-out and failed drive.
That percentage increase doubles when a turnover results in a score for the opponent.

The Patriots LOST three straight games despite
holding their opponent to UNDER ten points.
Try to explain how that's only 25-30% the fault
of their QB.

It is the QBs responsibility to "matriculate" the ball
down the field.

bigE79

Reaction score
First off, before people comment after just seeing the thread title, Dak deserves blame (I say 30%) for last month's loss. He, by his own admittance, sucked. Looked scared, uncomfortable and — probably most damning — displayed none of the leadership values we've heralded him for.

Is he the answer? I don't know. What I do know, however, is the problems of this franchise would be nearly impossible for any quarterback to overcome.

— Overhyped: This is the most overhyped roster in all of football. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed on the ground, and was lit up by Geno Smith at home. The offense halted against nearly every single above-average opponent they faced. The numbers were inflated due to the poor division we play in, but this isn't a top-five roster like some had us believe.

— Average head coaches: Here's a fun exercise. Let's look at the opportunities at head coach that our previous two coaches received after they were fired by Dallas. Wade Phillips (3 — interim) and Jason Garrett (0 — not even two full seasons as OC). Mike McCarthy will not have another head coaching opportunity after next season. Simply put - Our head coaches would not even be considered for HC gigs by the league's worst after they've been fired by us. And I'm not even talking about (outside of Dan Quinn) the litany of poor coordinators that overstayed their welcome here.

— Priorities in the wrong place: Micah Parsons doing a podcast with one playoff win on his resume. CeeDee Lamb being a visible drama queen whenever Dak doesn't throw it to him 10 times. Dak doing 15-plus commercials each year. Jerry Jones talking to the media before our head coach. It's a culture that lacks accountability, rewards players for being good in the regular season and not beyond, and prioritizes attention and hype over winning games in January.

— Jerry Jones: Here's another fun exercise. Check back on our schedule releases in recent years. Jerry Jones is front and center in those videos. No other owner in the league does what this man does. He's arguably the greatest businessman in NFL history and should be studied at every single business school across the country. But he's weighed down this franchise with his self-centered antics, know-it-all attitude, and wanting to be everybody's friend. People will keep attending games and buying Cowboys gear... a full-fledged boycott is required to truly incite any tangible change.

I could write a whole essay on my anger and frustration, but this is what it comes back to everytime. Outside of landing a Mahomes-like quarterback, nothing can be done to overcome the culture that JJ has established. I'll root like hell for them on Sundays from September until December, and know that it'll end very quickly in January. As long as JJ acts the way he always has — that won't change — this team is doomed before the season even starts.
It comes with the position,it's not exclusive to the cowboys,go to any teams board after a loss and pretty much the 1st person they blame is the QB, same thing after a win..it's the nature of the beast..and btw,dak still sucks,he has no mulligans left.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you might think I'm a hater but I support the crap out of this choking loser. I hardly ever criticize him for sucking in big games. :D I've not decided on him yet. :p Heck I wasn't laughing hard at the MVP crap talk either.

pitt33

Reaction score
It comes down to culture. We’ve witnessed the same mistakes and front loaded teams for years, with different players and QB’s now. It keeps happening in big games. Since Romo and now Dak. It’s an issue but it won’t change. The only chance to win it all is in spite of all that. A mentally tough team that is fully loaded.
Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.