Bob Sturm Prediction: Cowboys Moving Around 2024 Money for Dak Deal before Week 1

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I dont think this really means anything one way or the other. Its pretty typical for teams to structure a deal like Lambs this way. If they need the extra cap room its there for them, and if not it rolls over for next season. Its both possible that they are looking to free up space to increase Daks cap number for 2024 and possible that they just plan on using the roll over money to help cancel out part of Daks existing cap hit in the even he were to leave.

Maybe Strum knows more than he is letting on but the evidence he shares isnt that compelling.
I read something interesting about his (Lamb) contract........he will have all guaranteed money by the end of 2026.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
C’mon now. He didn’t quite. He took some time away for soul cleansing and insult development.

How else do you think he can come up with dandy’s like, “you’re nothing but a loser liar.”

Let’s get this contract done so we can commence with the floundering and mismanagement of funds. Cowboys for life!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I read something interesting about his (Lamb) contract........he will have all guaranteed money by the end of 2026.
Which probably means that both sides anticipate another extension around that time. The set up of his contract seems very similar to what AJ Brown signed with Philly in 2022. He got top of the market annual money, took home a nice signing bonus, philly kicked his cap number down the road the first couple years, and once his guaranteed money was up (or about up) they created a very reasonable extension.

I'd be very happy if it worked out the same way with Lamb. Give him his money on the front end, then in a couple years do an extension slightly under market value to give the team some relief on the back end. Those are the type of win/win deals you like to see, and what I think the Cowboys were hoping for when they agreed to the 1st contract with Dak.

Praxit

Reaction score
..oh Jesus. Dont tell me Jones are going to cave in on this?

Dak is good season player QB. Post season is different story.

How many times will the tape play on this?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
None of these predictions that have been posted have panned out. I’m just hoping they get Dak extended by the opener. If he gets off to a good start, it’s going to be even more difficult to re-sign him.

morat1959

Reaction score
Makes no difference either way. I can still come on here and dog out the Dak worshipers. I actually enjoy that more than the games after 28 years. I’ve been pulling for a collapse for a few years now. I just want JJ to be as embarrassed as I’ve been for quite some time now. Would love to see him cry in the booth again. That was the highlight of last years season for me.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If they sign Dak at any price, then those who wish him gone have to at least give him his props for being a Dallas Cowboy HOMER.
No agent worth his suit would ever advise Dak to sign any offer Dallas puts in front of him.

Dak should let any and all offers sit on the table and become the first QB in the salary cap era of his ability and success in the NFL to ever become a free agent. Even if he wants to stay in Dallas for less and be a Cowboy for life, how can you not hit the market and find out what’s possible? The Cowboys‘ best offer will still be there.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I guess my question in all this is why would there be any rush to get the Dak deal done super early by either side? He's under contract for this year.. He's probably going to ball out (again) and the market is only going to keep going up. Dak knows this, Jerry knows this and you would think by now the fans would know this as well. If the Cowboys allow Dak to get to free agency the market might push his number north of 60 million per. Lawrence and Herbert got 55 million dollar deals while playing at a significantly lower level than did Dak. I still think Jerry is dragging this thing out because he genuinely enjoys the chase. He gets a rush out of negotiating and negotiating and then closing the deal. Makes him think he's back wild cattin oil holes. Or "Glory holes!"

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Makes no difference either way. I can still come on here and dog out the Dak worshipers. I actually enjoy that more than the games after 28 years. I’ve been pulling for a collapse for a few years now. I just want JJ to be as embarrassed as I’ve been for quite some time now. Would love to see him cry in the booth again. That was the highlight of last years season for me.
Nothing can ever happen to be more embarrassing to Jerry than 1) his first season in the NFL with Johnson going 1-15 and literally being made fun of by everyone, and 2) the season Romo was injured and we started QBs off the street, baseball players, first round busts, anyone we could find to play QB with a few days of practice.

erod

Reaction score
If they sign Dak at any price, then those who wish him gone have to at least give him his props for being a Dallas Cowboy HOMER.
No agent worth his suit would ever advise Dak to sign any offer Dallas puts in front of him.

Dak should let any and all offers sit on the table and become the first QB in the salary cap era of his ability and success in the NFL to ever become a free agent. Even if he wants to stay in Dallas for less and be a Cowboy for life, how can you not hit the market and find out what’s possible? The Cowboys‘ best offer will still be there.
Dak might be surprised that the interest isn't as great as he thinks for a 32-year-old QB in athletic decline who has a long history of awful performances in big games against legit teams.

Sure, it only takes one dumb team to bite, a la Kirk Cousins, but it won't be a true contender. The book is out on him.

I pray he has that chance because we need to turn the page on this repetitive disaster. Enough already.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess my question in all this is why would there be any rush to get the Dak deal done super early by either side? He's under contract for this year.. He's probably going to ball out (again) and the market is only going to keep going up. Dak knows this, Jerry knows this and you would think by now the fans would know this as well. If the Cowboys allow Dak to get to free agency the market might push his number north of 60 million per. Lawrence and Herbert got 55 million dollar deals while playing at a significantly lower level than did Dak. I still think Jerry is dragging this thing out because he genuinely enjoys the chase. He gets a rush out of negotiating and negotiating and then closing the deal. Makes him think he's back wild cattin oil holes. Or "Glory holes!"
Oh, the Long haired Barbies got paid already. Maybe Dak needs to grow his hair.

morat1959

Reaction score
Nothing can ever happen to be more embarrassing to Jerry than 1) his first season in the NFL with Johnson going 1-15 and literally being made fun of by everyone, and 2) the season Romo was injured and we started QBs off the street, baseball players, first round busts, anyone we could find to play QB with a few days of practice.
I was very excited after that season. We had the #1 pick in the draft and I was all over Aikman as our pick. The rest is history. Apparently the Jones learned nothing from prioritizing the most important position on the field. Almost forgot, what did Romo give us that the QB’s off the street didn’t? For me, he gave nothing.