Bob Sturm Prediction: Cowboys Moving Around 2024 Money for Dak Deal before Week 1

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With the Raiders current QB situation they would JUMP at the opportunity to sign Dak in free agency. I can only imagine what Davis would offer him. We better get the deal done before the season starts.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I always start off stating my position on Dak before I weigh in: "I am not a Dak lover or hater. I have a good idea who he is. At his best he is Russell Wilson in his prime as a Seahawk. So he needs that type of team around him and he can win"

Now that I got that out of the way....do/did you guys really think Jerry would pay CeeDee the way he did and NOT have a legitimate QB to maximize his investment? Regardless of what anyone thinks about Dak....he is better than the QBs currently on this roster will EVER be!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I am no expert on "Jerry speak" but it sounds like the Sturm downward spiral will continue.

I am not going full Jerry Translator as usual. Instead, I am focused on the one thing he said that stood out the most to me:

"The whole thing has a lot of moving parts. Now, I can live with that... because we play a game that it can change on the next play."

This is just me but:
  • 'This whole thing has a lot of moving parts' = Prescott entering the final year of his contract, with no definitive contract extension agreement between Jones and him. Zero.
  • 'Now, I can live with that...' = Jones not having a clue what the future holds for Prescott and him. Zero. However, he is okay with that total uncertainty.
  • '...because we play a game that it can change on the next play' = Jones conceding that he has a replacement as his future starting quarterback right now IF Prescott suffers an injury that knocks him out of the 2024 season.
That is most assuredly a shot at Prescott IF I am reading that last part right.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Nah PAPPY is one of the smart ones here and trust me their issues/passions have nothing to do with the Cowboys or the game of football.
Tired of debating zombies man..................who all they gotta say is HATE HATE HATE and more HATE.
Why cause their boy can't vindicate them with his play on the field when it matters most?
A Dakstan can barely get through a sentence without saying the word hate

Swagger

Reaction score
Anti Dak hopium smokers still don't see the light?

I mean, they are moving money around. Never mind that Dak is pretty much similar to Matt Ryan in terms of regular season wins and Ryan was nearly Falcons for life. What would be different here?
Matt Ryan reached both an NFC Championship game and a Superbowl coming to within boneheaded playcalling in the entire 4th quarter of winning himself a ring. Apart from those small details yes they are exactly the same.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Matt Ryan reached both an NFC Championship game and a Superbowl coming to within boneheaded playcalling in the entire 4th quarter of winning himself a ring. Apart from those small details yes they are exactly the same.
I'm sure Jerry and Stephen sees it your way

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Bob Sturm is one of the most respected journalists in the city. Just because he's not anti-Dak doesn't make him bad lol.
He's like most Dak fans.

They allow their weird love for Dak to replace their credibility.

This will be the 2nd time in a month that he allowed his love for Dak to make him look like a confident fool in the media.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Awwww what's wrong?

Did what Jerry say bring ya down after you let Bobby, once again, get your hopes up?
I don't need Bob Sturm to get my hopes up. I always knew Dak was gonna be signed. It's like betting on the obvious things like the sky will be black at 8 pm and it'll be blue again at 6 am.