Bobby, Poor Bobby

dguinta1

Reaction score
On a lighter note, Madden09 did a good job with Carpenter and his mullet. hehe :laugh2:

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Though not inpressed with Carpenter's work Saturday I'd be inclined to give him an opportunity to work with the first-team unit before completely writing him off.

Sometimes a player's performance on defense is a reflection of the performance of the entire unit.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Zimmy Lives;2187272 said:
Though not inpressed with Carpenter's work Saturday I'd be inclined to give him an opportunity to work with the first-team unit before completely writing him off.

Sometimes a player's performance on defense is a reflection of the performance of the entire unit.

To an extent. This guy wasn't playing with any urgency, aggression or just plain ole VIOLENCE out there. I mean, when a backup FB eats your lunch on a goalline play that has nothing to do with the scheme and everything to do with YOU.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Time to move on.

Having a linebacker who is soft and passive is like having a hunting dog that won't hunt. He's just taking up space and costing money.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
This is another of those threads that makes you want to :banghead: :bang2: :ralph: :puke: knowing that it came from another Cowboy "fan". No wonder we get such a bad rep as a whole.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2187595 said:
This is another of those threads that makes you want to :banghead: :bang2: :ralph: :puke: knowing that it came from another Cowboy "fan". No wonder we get such a bad rep as a whole.

Ah I see you prefer someone to blow sunshine up your arse when it is raining. To paraphrase what Coach Garrett said, “I didn’t like those coaches who were telling me thataboy when I knew I was stinking up the joint, rather I respect the coaches that rode my butt and pushed me to get better”.

If it is your opinion that I am less of a fan because I offered criticism about a player then your opinion doesn’t mean crap to me.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
adbutcher;2187616 said:
Ah I see you prefer someone to blow sunshine up your arse when it is raining. To paraphrase what Coach Garrett said, “I didn’t like those coaches who were telling me thataboy when I knew I was stinking up the joint, rather I respect the coaches that rode my butt and pushed me to get better”.

If it is your opinion that I am less of a fan because I offered criticism about a player then your opinion doesn’t mean crap to me.

Really it was more the whole "Bobby, poor Bobby" schtick that was/is sickening. It is about the delivery of the criticism and how snarky you come off that is just plain disgusting.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I personally didnt think he played poorly. I saw a dline that was getting blown off the ball and blockers getting free shots into the second level. When that happens in a 1 gap scheme your backers are going to look bad. WTH was AYodele doing playing end anyway?

cowboyz

Reaction score
Zimmy Lives;2187272 said:

i'd like to see this

Kilyin

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2187766 said:
The line in the second half was Ayodele - Saivii - Smith, and they were awful.

Oh you're talking about Remi...

NM, I forgot he was still a Cowboy.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Im rewatching the game and those who are putting the onus on Carp need to rewatch it. Ayodele is playing the strongside end and is consistently getting blown 3 to 4 yards back. Saivii was just about the same and I am kinda wondering what people are expecting Carpenter to do.

Is he supposed try and circle around his dlinemen so he can look instinctive? Or is he supposed to blow up a full back that has an absolutely clear shot straight at him through the hole with a running start as he steps up?

I am watching him slip blocks only to run into Ayodele as we speak because Ayodele is 5 yards back where Carp lines up. The RT is putting on a drive blocking clinic.

I am really wondering what people expect out of ths situation.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
adbutcher;2187616 said:

That's a great post.

:bow:

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2187766 said:
The line in the second half was Ayodele - Saivii - Smith, and they were awful.

True...I just watched the second half again and focused on Carp.
The D line was getting pushed around.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Artie Lange;2187969 said:
True...I just watched the second half again and focused on Carp.
The D line was getting pushed around.

O noz! Facts actually entering in to the debate? How dare you Artie!!

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Chief;2187904 said:
That's a great post.

:bow:

I respectfully disagree. I am fine with people not being pleased with a player, but since when is it acceptable to degrade and disparage the players on our team? For me, it is all about the delivery. People get so wrapped up in their posting schtick and trying to be cute that they don't think about how disgusting it is to talk crap about our own team. Lord knows we have plenty of haters outside of the Cowboys nation to contend with, we don't need our own "fans" belitteling our players who give blood, sweat, and tears to the team we all love.