1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

BPA WR or highest ranked Defensive player?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CowboyRoy, Apr 3, 2020.

1. bcavi

bcavi Active Member

120 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Can we get some left tackle incompetence sprinkled in with this, when Tyron was out? Atlanta.... 6 or 7 sacks. Connor William's too please. Looney was not the liability in my opinion.

You should not overlook McGovern. I am not sure drafting a center would be in our best interest, since we have a redshirt guy waiting in the wings. You would have to strongly assume that player would be a considerable upgrade over what we have.

2. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

12,541 Messages
    4,423 Likes Received
    Depending on how things fall, I would not be surprised at all if the pick at 17 was one of the offensive tackles, or a do-it-all LB like Murray. I would take either over a WR or safety. Ideally if the usual suspects, Henderson, Kinlaw, and Chassion, are not there I'd hope we try to trade back. Maybe a QB is on the board and NE wants to move up from 23.

CowboyRoy likes this.
  3. NorthwestDallas40

NorthwestDallas40 rpatricc

5,944 Messages
    8,530 Likes Received
    Gurley’s injury made him a shell of himself. Zeke has never missed a game. And I think you really underestimate the threat he presents to the defense. Committee RBs don’t do that. Anyway, agree to disagree on whether we are a better team the last 4 years and beyond with Zeke over Ramsey.

4. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

27,440 Messages
    17,896 Likes Received
    Bottom line is we now have a hole at center. The all pro is gone and we are forced to start a backup caliber player.

5. CowboyRoy

27,440 Messages
    17,896 Likes Received
    Looney is a backup. We now have a backup starting at center. Not good. McGovern is a better guard prospect and needs to win the job over Williams.

6. CowboyRoy

27,440 Messages
    17,896 Likes Received
    Zeke was suspended 6 games and is a threat to get suspended again. Like Zeke and what he provides, definitely not worth his contact.

Give me the #1 corner in the NFL over any RB.

7. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

14,679 Messages
    8,687 Likes Received
    Who do you think is starting at slot wr? An xfl caliber player..and slot wr Is a starter in the NFL..in MM system, they probably play 70%+ of the snaps

BigTimeBlues likes this.
  8. bcavi

bcavi Active Member

120 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Do you think William's was a better guard than Looney? I don't, but they kept him (Williams) in there. I think our coaching staff was so incompetent that they kept players who were not ready to start in their respective positions purely because of where they were drafted. With that being said, let's see what happens in the draft and training camp and we'll let our current coaches determine who starts, and who serves as backup. Right now, I look at it as a blank slate.

9. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

5,611 Messages
    4,929 Likes Received
    why are we even looking at receiver with our first 3 picks?

kskboys and EJK24 like this.
  10. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

4,702 Messages
    1,981 Likes Received
    Unless you are Deion I can't justify a CB who won't tackle over a highly coveted DE position and talent like Chaisson.

11. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

19,922 Messages
    22,092 Likes Received
    If you're taking purely BPA, position doesn't matter. So, you take a RB to sit on the bench? I'm not getting this idea.

12. kskboys

19,922 Messages
    22,092 Likes Received
    Maaaaybe in the 3rd.

13. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

16,206 Messages
    16,607 Likes Received
    Pollard can be our Tyreke Hill.

14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

80,050 Messages
    54,708 Likes Received
    Offensive skilled positions make a bigger splash. The best pick for this team is on defense though.

Now trade back and get a 3rd, I'm fine going WR. The Cowboys could get 3 defensive players on day 2. :)

15. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

14,679 Messages
    8,687 Likes Received
    Chaisson isn't rated that highly..if he was, he'd be a top 3 pick...

16. kskboys

19,922 Messages
    22,092 Likes Received
    If he hadn't torn his ACL in 2018, he'd be a top 10 easy.

Dude has the tools, of that there is no doubt. His development was slowed majorly by the injury. If he's all the way back, he'd be a steal at 17.

17. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

21,110 Messages
    14,707 Likes Received
    I think Chaissom will be a solid but unspectacular player in the NFL. Much like Collins, the guy we drafted in the 3rd. I just don’t see him as a first round pick.

18. kskboys

19,922 Messages
    22,092 Likes Received
    Even w/ that explosion and vastly superior instincts and hand usage?

19. bcavi

bcavi Active Member

120 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Would you take Epenesa at 17 over Chaisson? If all receivers, Kinlaw, and Henderson are off the board? Epenesa is a beast. Strong dude with good college production, but I hear 17 is too high for him. I'd take him at 17. Chaisson? I really can't argue either or, but on his "highlights", the athleticism really stands out to me, although I've heard he's pretty raw.

20. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

12,541 Messages
    4,423 Likes Received
    He is going to grow into a 3-Tech DT.