News: BR: Cowboys Fans Lash Out on Twitter After Jerry Jones Fails to Trade for WR at Deadline

shabazz

Reaction score
A bad trade could be worse than no trade, so there’s that. But I think the fan reactions today are more based on the last 27 years than todays trade deadline passing.

…..and yet all theses other teams are being hailed for the trades they’ve made because it’s being done to keep pace with their closest competitors.

if we are so afraid that every major trade made by Jerry will be a fleecing, we have no way to win anything meaningful. Him staying GM of this team limits them and it’s sad to see the growing list of great players who’s careers will will be wasted here.

the Cowboys are handicapped by the GM. The Eagle conversely are NEVER satisfied with their talent level and have constantly seemed ways to improve it through FA as well as the draft.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I think the fans just want something. Some fans probably miss the old wildcattin' Jerry Jones. Even when the moves backfired *cough* Roy Williams *cough* they were at least entertaining and exciting.

Me? I'm not upset we didn't go out and grab a WR. I was kind of hoping and wishing they would have at least addressed another piece (or two) in the defense though. This defense feels close, another piece could have really elevated it into an elite category.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
…..and yet all theses other teams are being hailed for the trades they’ve made because it’s being done to keep pace with their closest competitors.

if we are so afraid that every major trade made by Jerry will be a fleecing, we have no way to win anything meaningful. Him staying GM of this team limits them and it’s sad to see the growing list of great players who’s careers will will be wasted here.

the Cowboys are handicapped by the GM. The Eagle conversely are NEVER satisfied with their talent level and have constantly seemed ways to improve it through FA as well as the draft.
I’ve said it a lot lately- it’s no coincidence that the last 3 SB winning teams all have had young, aggressive GMs. The rams Les Snead, the Bucs Jason Licht and chiefs Brett Veach are all very aggressive in FA and trades. Their “win now” approach has been very popular and successful.

IMO, the Jones FO is behind the times. They still see the cap as a huge wall to climb while the newer, younger, more successful GMs see the cap as a speed bump.

shabazz

Reaction score
I think the fans just want something. Some fans probably miss the old wildcattin' Jerry Jones. Even when the moves backfired *cough* Roy Williams *cough* they were at least entertaining and exciting.

Me? I'm not upset we didn't go out and grab a WR. I was kind of hoping and wishing they would have at least addressed another piece (or two) in the defense though. This defense feels close, another piece could have really elevated it even more.

still plenty of time for the old wildcatter to get a couple players off the couch. Keep the faith

visionary

Reaction score
All the nimrods going to tell him like they did on La'el and Randy!

Get 'em guys, YOU KNOW BETTER THAN THEY DO! :0

tell us what “nimrods” like you were saying about Hill and Ridgeway and Gallimore LOL

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
I did not want an 18 million dollar wr ...... I am mad they did not get a DT or a CB

Exactly. They don't need a WR, but that's the only high-profile trade Jerry has ever been capable of making. We're always a WR away in his mind.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’ve said a lot lately- it’s no coincidence that the last 3 SB winning teams all have had young, aggressive GMs. The rams Les Snead, the Bucs Jason Licht and chiefs Brett Veach are all very aggressive in FA and trades. Their “win now” approach has been very popular and successful.

IMO, the Jones FO is behind the times. They still see the cap as a huge wall to climb while the newer, younger, more successful GMs see the cap as a speed bump.

Those "win now" GMs have to produce to keep their jobs. It seems to be a good incentive.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Should have been lashing out when they traded a top 5 WR for peanuts. Any real fan knew this was going to happen and that they would be searching to over pay for a lesser receiver. They said it was about saving money when it will eventually cost them more.
Who's this top 5 receiver you speak of? Maybe you mean we traded our top receiver for a 5th :huh:

Shannon1

Reaction score
I don’t know what guy that didn’t cost a high pick was gonna make us better
When you draft well, and we do, high picks are very valuable
Why do you have draft picks to make your team better ,if there is a good player to get who cares if it’s a rookie or a vet ,at least vets are proving

shabazz

Reaction score
I’ve said a lot lately- it’s no coincidence that the last 3 SB winning teams all have had young, aggressive GMs. The rams Les Snead, the Bucs Jason Licht and chiefs Brett Veach are all very aggressive in FA and trades. Their “win now” approach has been very popular and successful.

Bob, over the years I knew that a splash move wouldn’t happen because the defense was just so bad that we were more than just a player or two away from seriously contending….but with the NFC being so wide open and the Eagles getting Quinn and the Niners getting McCafree, I really thought they would give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for an impact player…..but I was mistaken

Ken

Reaction score
tell us what “nimrods” like you were saying about Hill and Ridgeway and Gallimore LOL
I said hill was garbage, Galli would be pretty good (he isn't) and Ridge was a steal, which he will be for the skins, unfortunately.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are still entertaining and exciting.

You don't need to give up a draft pick for a $18M WR to be those things.

conner01

Reaction score
Why do you have draft picks to make your team better ,if there is a good player to get who cares if it’s a rookie or a vet ,at least vets are proving
So what good player would you have traded for?
And draft picks give you a shot at a good player for a whole lot less money than a vet cost too

lukemartin79

Reaction score
why trade for a marginal WR?……we have plenty of them already.
Not sure why so many feel that having a clear cut, so called NO.1 WR equals getting to the Super Bowl. You can get to the Super Bowl with a few No.2's, 3's. So long as you have a good D and good running game. Many teams have.

shabazz

Reaction score
Not sure why so many feel that having a clear cut, so called NO.1 WR equals getting to the Super Bowl. You can get to the Super Bowl with a few No.2's, 3's. So long as you have a good D and good running game. Many teams have.

a wr corp with Lamb,Gallup, Tolbert, Brown and Washington ain’t wining a SB by any stretch of the imagination……Jerry doesn’t believe that so you may be in good company

…..and we don’t have a prime Tom Brady here to overcome that