News: BR: Cowboys Fans Lash Out on Twitter After Jerry Jones Fails to Trade for WR at Deadline

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
What's funny about this is that some of us knew back in August they didn't have enough at WR. But Jerry and Stephen and the homers here kept arguing people were being reactionary, they had enough at WR, etc.

And now, if the multitude of reports are true, we went searching for WR at the deadline. LOL. This stuff is all so predictable.

How did they know in August, shoot, how do they even know today? The WR corp hasn't had much of a chance with the team moving to a Run First and often team with a back up QB playing 5 of the 8 games. We looked more than capable of moving the ball last week and the Bears D had a top 5 pass defense going into the game. I do not believe for one minute the Cowboys were serious about trading for any WR out there. They are not giving up 1st or 2nd round picks and the type of WR you get at this time of year for a 3rd or lower isn't going to much of an upgrade over what we have, even counting Tolbert and Brown. It was just the Jerry hype machine keeping the boys in the news.

Just my thoughts.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I’m GLAD they didn’t make the deal for Cooks. Don’t compound one mistake by making another.

Sign Beckham in December.
This. IF you can get him on a one year deal that doesn't blow up in your face...or the sweepstakes don't get out of hand. A few more teams might want his services. It appears that the defense is probably as good as it's going to get personnel wise this year. You can work on containment, run fits and "disciplined aggression" but it certainly seems like you will need to outscore teams like SF and Philly. Cowboys didn't have enough offense last year when it mattered...for whatever reasons.

With Philadelphia getting TWO first rounders next year (one maybe in the top 5) Dallas can't really afford to be giving up draft picks.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
a wr corp with Lamb,Gallup, Tolbert, Brown and Washington ain’t wining a SB by any stretch of the imagination……Jerry doesn’t believe that so you may be in good company

…..and we don’t have a prime Tom Brady here to overcome that
Do you really feel Moore would actually utilize him enough if we did get this WR? I would have preferred beefing up the run defense if any trade at all, at least then that player would get fully utilized

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could get behind that. He's a real risk because he could be a chemistry buster but on the otherhand, his upside makes it worthwhile IMO.

I think he’s matured beyond the point of being a chemistry buster. He was extremely patient for sone time with Mayfield struggling to get him the ball in Cleveland. And the Rams players all spoke well of him too.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm dancing in the tears of grown men...ha,ha, ha, haaaa. Glad we didn't make a trade.
I'm glad we didn't get desperate and trade draft picks. I'd rather go with what we got then lose draft picks. Next year's draft has to be DT heavy and if that happens I feel we make a super bowl run next year.

We got everything we need for a complete roster except DTs. Give me DTs next draft and let's make a run. IMO

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Jerry and his son sound like fools

But I’m glad we didn’t get a wide receiver

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
a wr corp with Lamb,Gallup, Tolbert, Brown and Washington ain’t wining a SB by any stretch of the imagination……Jerry doesn’t believe that so you may be in good company

…..and we don’t have a prime Tom Brady here to overcome that

so a group of Lamb, Gallup, Brown, Washington, Tobert and Cooks would win the superbowl? This would have been Cooks 5th team. Doubt he is a difference maker.

kramskoi

Reaction score
How did they know in August, shoot, how do they even know today? The WR corp hasn't had much of a chance with the team moving to a Run First and often team with a back up QB playing 5 of the 8 games. We looked more than capable of moving the ball last week and the Bears D had a top 5 pass defense going into the game. I do not believe for one minute the Cowboys were serious about trading for any WR out there. They are not giving up 1st or 2nd round picks and the type of WR you get at this time of year for a 3rd or lower isn't going to much of an upgrade over what we have, even counting Tolbert and Brown. It was just the Jerry hype machine keeping the boys in the news.

Just my thoughts.
FootballOutsiders have the Bears at 18 and 28...pass / run respectively. 26th overall. They are not really that good. If Dallas can run through the NFC North undefeated then we might have something we can sell...although GB and Minnesota both sit outside the top 20 on defense...one of the reasons why the North is simply not a good division right now, excluding the Vikings. Minnesota has trouble stopping the pass and GB has trouble stopping the run.

Mannix

Reaction score
What's funny about this is that some of us knew back in August they didn't have enough at WR. But Jerry and Stephen and the homers here kept arguing people were being reactionary, they had enough at WR, etc.

And now, if the multitude of reports are true, we went searching for WR at the deadline. LOL. This stuff is all so predictable.

We sure did!!!

GoldenR

Reaction score
Getting worked in the run game by the Bears-250, Giants-170 or so, Bucs-160, Eagles-150( won game that way at the end), and 49ers ran it 40 times for about 175 last year down our throats; and we were looking at WR's so we can check down to Schultz against good defenses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jerry givin all you fools that wink, wink he gives out. Comical ownership.

GoldenR

Reaction score
You can draft great but if you are expecting rookies to lead you to a SB without a few FA (not talking about picking from the 6 players team everyone has either) mixed in and trades, good luck with that.
Seems logical to most, good post. Yet, some will wonder what happen in round 1 of playoffs.

Kumala808

Reaction score
Only person they should have gone for is dt or rusher. Just sign obj

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am actually glad Jerry did not make a trade because I think he would get fleeced this time of year. He should have kept Cooper and traded him today. I bet he would have gotten a lot more for him.

He usually does get fleeced on trades, so no trade today is ok by me. There are free agents to go after, and we have James Washington coming back.

Tommy

Reaction score
thats cute still love being stagnant and deliberately ignoring FA and trading as a way to improve
Where did you get this information about deliberately ignoring?

It was reported that they were trying to make a move for a WR and it didn’t work out. I’m sure they wouldn’t have to give up too much in a trade before the usual crybabies would be screaming about that.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
They call this place Twitter now? When are Cowboys fans NOT lashing out?