News: BR: NFL Exec: 'Hard to Pay' Dak Prescott Big Contract After Cowboys' Loss to Purdy, 49ers

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I agree, you cant drop $40 to $50 mill a year on a QB that is non-competitive against the big boys.

Smoking the sorry arse Giants and Patriots dont mean jack, you pay big money to QBs to win you big games against top notch talent.

Dak has had 3 shots to beat the 49ers and couldnt do it..................sorry, but I cant give an extension with results like this.

GMO415

Reaction score
Bench him and start Lance. Worst comes to worst we get the USC Oregon or Washington QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You don’t gain anything either. Rush is bad and has zero chance of being a starting NFL QB.

I’d rather start Lance than Rush. Any games with Rush starting are a complete waste of time and just delay any meaningful insight into a future plan at QB
Starting Rush would just be dumb.

Dak is better than him.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts was available in the second round but the front office didn't draft him in 2020 which was the time to move on from Prescott. Myself and several others on here proposed this resolution.
You posted before the draft that the Cowboys should use their 1st or 2nd round pick to draft Hurts?

I don’t recall the board, you or anyone else, advocating Hurst as our pick early in that draft.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I would move to Lance RIGHT NOW.

Anyone thinking Dak isn’t going to do what he did last night in the playoffs again is a fool.

We need a mobile QB. Lance needs to play football.

Let’s get this going and see what happens. The Dak ending will be a show we’ve already seen.
We would need to completely change the offense and retrain every player to play differently with a QB who can’t really play in the pocket.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We would need to completely change the offense and retrain every player to play differently with a QB who can’t really play in the pocket.
Change is good.

I’ve seen the current story and I know exactly how it ends.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really wish these 2 loses would've been in Dallas.

I wanted to hear the "boooooos". I want to see the trash being thrown. I want to hear the "We Want Lance!" chants.
By the time he leaves next Spring Mr.Prescotto won't be able to go anywhere in Dallas not even for a cup of coffee.
Get them moving trucks ready Fraudo Prescotto as you have stunk up the air long enough down in Big D......

StarLord

Reaction score
I agree, you cant drop $40 to $50 mill a year on a QB that is non-competitive against the big boys.

Smoking the sorry arse Giants and Patriots dont mean jack, you pay big money to QBs to win you big games against top notch talent.

Dak has had 3 shots to beat the 49ers and couldnt do it..................sorry, but I cant give an extension with results like this.
And you know, it's not even just that he can't beat SF.. it's even more so, that in the big games, he's actively one of the problems. He can't even hold par.. he's actively a problem.

plymkr

Reaction score
And you know, it's not even just that he can't beat SF.. it's even more so, that in the big games, he's actively one of the problems. He can't even hold par.. he's actively a problem.
That Arizona loss looks large in this debate. If Dak dropped the ball against the niners then we would be down on him but maybe not quite ready to get rid of him. The Arizona game showed us that Dak isn’t even an adequate QB if the defense doesn’t control the game and get points. Danny Jones beat the Cardinals with a less talented defense and offensive roster. Dak couldn’t beat the Cardinals because the defense didn’t give him house money. If the defense doesn’t play lights out and scores points Dak plays at the level of Danny Jones or Mac Jones.

We can get that caliber of play from Lance, Rush or a Rookie.

Swagger

Reaction score
You posted before the draft that the Cowboys should use their 1st or 2nd round pick to draft Hurts?

I don’t recall the board, you or anyone else, advocating Hurst as our pick early in that draft.
Yes. I along with others strongly suggested the Cowboys draft Hurts in the second round. Feel free to review the draft thread from that year. I remember a few deluded Prescott fans taunting us after the Cowboys overlooked Hurts.

Jipper

Reaction score
Change is good.

I’ve seen the current story and I know exactly how it ends.
Exactly and it's gotten boring.

I am not even planning on watching Monday night since I have to be up early tuesday...just don't care enough to change my schedule to accommodate.

What's the point now?

pitt33

Reaction score
Exactly and it's gotten boring.

I am not even planning on watching Monday night since I have to be up early tuesday...just don't care enough to change my schedule to accommodate.

What's the point now?
I’m with you on this. Seen enough over 50 years as a fan. Don’t need it. Sure, I’ll watch SportsCenter but I know the end result now with this organization.

I want to enjoy my retirement to the fullest. Watching this clown show is a waste with this quarterback and FO.

Flamma

Reaction score

Although I agree Dallas should not extend Dak, just for a different reason. Rodgers can't beat the 49ers in the playoffs yet he got a 50M a year contract. So there's more to it than that.

I just think what Dak does on the field isn't worth what he's being paid. I don't think he's that hard to replace. Obviously he's better than bums, but that's not saying much. I don't think that's good enough for an extension.