News: BR: NFL Rumors: Dak Prescott, Cowboys Haven't Had Any 'Substantial' Contract Talks

plymkr

Reaction score
There’s not a lot in this article I put stock in. It seems like off season click bait. One thing I did notice is the 36 million for 2025. So if I understand this article correctly, if Dak were to play out his contract on 60 million cap hit this season (2024), then next season (2025) he would count 36 million against the cap and not be on the team. Is that true? Am I understanding that correctly?

Swagger

Reaction score
You'd have to get rid of the entire team because they all led to the same regression the defense was horrible there was no run game lack of an offensive line in the coaching game plans were also horrible I'm sorry but you just can't get rid of the players because the team played that as a whole that would say get rid of them all Prescott has not regressed the entire team regressed and he happens to be part of it but asking him to go out and score 40 points because the defense can't stop anyone or make special plays when there's nobody open and there's no run game in your one-dimensional gets very old around here there are a lot of other players in the NFL at quarterback and other positions that are making market money that are not helping their team win Super Bowls either it's just part of the game you don't want to take a step back to save money and then maybe hope to win eight games a year and not make the playoffs every year I'd rather be disappointed in the playoffs..

I'm not saying we should bend over backwards and make him the highest paid player ever in the NFL but he's gonna make top two or three money for sure he's gonna make top five money because that's the type of quarterback he's been you have to play in the regular season you know those stats all those awards the Hall of Fame they use the regular season stats as the biggest component there are a lot of players in the Hall of Fame and never won a Super Bowl or they may have won a Super Bowl because a great team play but there's none of that around here lately.... I mean you wanna see major regression look at Dan Quinn's year one the Dan Quinn's year three or four wherever long he was here I'm glad he's gone.. That's gotta be the worst defense we've ever played in a playoff game and everyone keeps pointing back to the quarterback.... You know a quarterback that didn't have Tony Dorsett or Emmitt Smith with one of the best offensive line and coaching Staffs in the history of football they were never asked to carry a team they would regress their ***** off too if they had to do it alone you know one-dimensional non complimentary football....
Have you heard of complementary football?

If so, then consider Dak Prescott handed the Packers two touchdowns in the first half.

There's a difference between throwing a couple of interceptions that are effectively arm punts to a pick 6 and another possession in your own half.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Don't fall for it. He will get a long term extension that thoroughly nauseates you. It's a guarantee.
Jerry is going to have to come up with something new. His Schtick is getting old and people are no longer on board. Prescott mentally is done. I'm not sure he even wants to stay in Dallas. And for sure he doesn't want the abuse that will come this year. They need to come to an agreement and find a way to ship him outta there. The Raiders seem like a good fit for him.

shabazz

Reaction score
Jerry is going to have to come up with something new. His Schtick is getting old and people are no longer on board. Prescott mentally is done. I'm not sure he even wants to stay in Dallas. And for sure he doesn't want the abuse that will come this year. They need to come to an agreement and find a way to ship him outta there. The Raiders seem like a good fit for him.
Davonte Adams would nix that deal, lol

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Mike Fisher just said the opposite. He's heard Dak and Jerry are anxious to get a deal done since March 13 is the deadline.
Bill Parcells said it best. You just got sucked by the media. The best interest for the Cowboys and Dak is to get an extension done before the start of free agency. The best interest for the media is that the Cowboys are hesitant to give Dak a contract. ESPN has been pushing that agenda all season.

Swagger

Reaction score
I would disagree that Prescott is done with Dallas. He knows he has a sweet deal and plays for a good team in a weak conference.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
A trade does Dak a favor.

Dallas saves the same cap space with a trade OR a June 1 cut.

They aren’t talking.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Good lord you Romo lovers just can’t quit him. Romo had a bad back. He was never going to beat out Prescott because he couldn’t make it through preseason. Why do you think he retired? :huh:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I would disagree that Prescott is done with Dallas. He knows he has a sweet deal and plays for a good team in a weak conference.
Except his mega millions contract is killing our cap.

And he blows up playoffs games.

And we have Lance.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Bill Parcells said it best. You just got sucked by the media. The best interest for the Cowboys and Dak is to get an extension done before the start of free agency. The best interest for the media is that the Cowboys are hesitant to give Dak a contract. ESPN has been pushing that agenda all season.
So Dak can lose more playoff games?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
How could the "shrewdest" GM in the NFL get so outclassed in a crap contract.....he's really quite overrated
It’s very easy to get out of Daks contract.

They save 34 million this season by just making a phone call.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
There’s not a lot in this article I put stock in. It seems like off season click bait. One thing I did notice is the 36 million for 2025. So if I understand this article correctly, if Dak were to play out his contract on 60 million cap hit this season (2024), then next season (2025) he would count 36 million against the cap and not be on the team. Is that true? Am I understanding that correctly?

POST-6/1 RELEASE
2024 Dead Cap: $25,455,000
2025 Dead Cap: $36,460,000

2024 Cap Savings: $34,000,000

Offset by Lance’s cheap contract.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thats-good-news-obi-wan.gif