Brandin Cooks could be in danger of voiding his $18 million guaranteed salary for 2023

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
If he’s unhappy it’s possible. They are 1-5-1 are going to probably lose by 20+ tonight. So they’ll be 1-6-1 and still have to play Dallas, Kansas City, New York, Miami, Washington, Tennessee who are all .500 or above

why do they care if they lose tho? I mean I know they try to win every game but they are in a rebuild. The more they lose the better the pick they have

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
they wont cut him unless they thought they could get out of his salary. He could easily say he missed this week for other reasons and even go to the mental health card over the "Stress," of the last week.

He isnt losing that 18 million.

agree totally. Lol this is pie in the sky Imo unless he gives up a ton of Money

Carson

Reaction score
why do they care if they lose tho? I mean I know they try to win every game but they are in a rebuild. The more they lose the better the pick they have
Because that’s his selling point. He’s 29 and may not want to wait 3 years to compete

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Because that’s his selling point. He’s 29 and may not want to wait 3 years to compete

again….tell me why they give a damn what cooks wants lol? He just asked for a trade- they didn’t trade him. They didn’t take on any of his salary to facilitate a trade. That’s a pretty big sign they aren’t putting his feelings first. He’s being compensated more than fairly.

if they cut him it’s counts as $27m of dead cap. The only way it happens is if he sacrifices a lot of money….

Carson

Reaction score
again….tell me why they give a damn what cooks wants lol? He just asked for a trade- they didn’t trade him. They didn’t take on any of his salary to facilitate a trade. That’s a pretty big sign they aren’t putting his feelings first. He’s being compensated more than fairly.

if they cut him it’s counts as $27m of dead cap. The only way it happens is if he sacrifices a lot of money….
I am just spit balling here what he may be trying to do.

Once again, it was on Cooks to sign a massive deal for a crap team and now wants out when they stink.

Praxit

Reaction score
... so he's not playing tonight. What a turd. Spoiled kid.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good for him. Maybe that is exactly what he wants. Then he is free to sign with whomever he wants. Maybe he makes millions less.....but he will still make millions and be happier.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Have you paid much attention to any dispute between team and player and how they go down? You Think Kadarius Toney was so injured he couldnt have been playing?

Ok, Im cooke and you kept me regardless of my "Feelings." Bam... damn coach, my hammy just popped. It doesnt feel right. im not going to be able to go this weekend.
Next week... nah coach, Hammy still not feeling well. Gonna need to sit out another eek.

Hey coach... Ill be right back, I just got this weeks game check. I need to go take out 50k in cash for my new Rolex.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
If the Texans consider cutting him, why not trade him for something
instead of getting nothing? I don't see it happening.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe playing for a team that is competitive matters to him more than that final year of guaranteed money?. Maybe he was told behind the scenes, he was going to be traded.

Maybe playing on a team that screwed up the qb situation is not what he planned on? Who knows... but I think you surely presume to know what it is.
His priest in the organization was fired too

dfense

Reaction score
Why would you want a guy that has a contract and won't play because he's mad? He's got no integrity.

Dre11

Reaction score
Good for him. Maybe that is exactly what he wants. Then he is free to sign with whomever he wants. Maybe he makes millions less.....but he will still make millions and be happier.

No he can't he has to pass through waivers still.

Retro88

Reaction score
Why would you want a guy that has a contract and won't play because he's mad? He's got no integrity.

Bc it would be absolutely silly not to speak with him if he forced his way out. Idc why he's mad at management over there. If it happens he could definitely help us for this season and possibly next.

lkelly

Reaction score
This is wrong. Everybody here on out has to clear waivers
Players with 4 or more seasons of accrued service don't go through waivers. But yes, now that I look at it, after the trade deadline that doesn't apply.