Brandin Cooks could be in danger of voiding his $18 million guaranteed salary for 2023

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
He is 29 years old and CeeDee had more receiving yards than Cooks last season with the same number of TDs and he currently has more receiving yards and TDs than Cooks. Cooks is on his fourth team and has been bouncing around.

CD is beta lamb with 30% drop rate and those yards he got last year was when he was a #3 eating off Cooper’s plate.

jay94

Reaction score
Why is anyone comparing stats of Cooks to Lamb, your on one of the worst teams in the league? No comparison is necessary. Lamb so far is overrated, he doesn't do anything special, except highlight catches at times.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Cooks is better than Lamb. Lamb is better as a #2 than a #1. Too bad we gave our 1 away.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I mean the giants traded toney so it’s not apples to apples that’s apples to oranges. If cooks doesn’t play they don’t win. When he does play they don’t win. He can sit out all he wants all that does is make him become a malcontent whose possibly injury prone- they are already paying him.

if you wanted a comparison that’s close (I’ll help you) it would be obj and he gave up significant money- which is what cooks will have to do if he wants to be released this season. Otherwise he can pout and sit out the rest of the year while they continue to tank and then they can address it in the offseason.

that’s not this season tho which is what this thread is about.

The Giants traded Toney after a year of him not laying for various "Injuries."
Who said anything about comparing the exact same situation? So here, Ill help you out. Cookes has not sat out games. I wasnt aware of Cookes even asking for a trade... but there was obviously something said to him behind the scenes. Then Houston tried to fleece the Cowboys. They had a Mexican standoff and Houston got burned.

NOW Cookes is starting to do his Toney impersonation... and here is where Ill help you out. PLAYERS do not lose in these situations. They will get hurt, they will miss gaes ad tey will still get paid. Players win...... always when they want out.

Look at wuss boy from the Sixers. He sat out a year because his feelings were hurt, his "Mental health," wasnt right and he still got paid a boat load of money to not play.... until he got his wish and he was traded.

He has become disgruntled and teams are better off trading those players, because in the end, they get no money and no production from those players.

Watch how quick Toney starts tearing it up in KC.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Would have been pretty messed up to get rid of cooper’s $20 million for cooks at $18 million.

would have given up a second for pierce.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ng-his-18-million-guaranteed-salary-for-2023/

The article states towards the end that he could possibly end up being cut. He does have to clear waivers. Something interested to watch.
Not sure why this guy is always overhyped. I feel like every other year he gets traded for a 2nd rounder. I want nothing to do with him. If your gonna get someone go out and get a guy like AJ Brown, Metcalf or Cooper......ugh. Cooper. Great job FO

rags

Reaction score
4 teams in his career? I wouldn't take him. Major head case. Leave him alone.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think that’s what they were looking for. And I think that’s ultimately why the Cowboys couldn’t swing a deal. NEITHER TEAM wanted to pay him that salary.
I think the rumor was dubious to he honest. From what I had read the window for teams to negotiate who takes the cap hits passed the day before. If thats accurate, they couldnt have been stuck up on who pays the guarenteed because it could be negotiated.

That being said, if we can get Cooks on a short term Gallup level deal that we can get out of before a Lamb extension kicks in, Id be all for it. He isnt a #1 caliber player but he has been very consistent throughout his career. Adding him to Lamb and Gallup gives us a very dangerous passing game

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's 29 years old, but he's been on 4 different NFL teams.

That doesn't raise a red flag in your mind?
Not at all. When Beckham gets picked up it will have been his fourth team. I’ve never heard any bad things about him and I don’t recall any of the field issues. Being on 4 teams isn’t enough for me to say he’s a bead case. Randy Gregory was a head case and was stuck on the Cowboys for 6 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It hasnt been because he is a head case, its been because teams have been willing to over pay in trades for him. His career journey has been a very strange one, and its not because he has worn out his welcome anywhere
Exactly. Teams want his services so they trade for him. No one should fault him for not wanting to be on a rebuild Texans teams.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Who said anything about comparing the exact same situation? So here, Ill help you out. Cookes has not sat out games. I wasnt aware of Cookes even asking for a trade... but there was obviously something said to him behind the scenes. Then Houston tried to fleece the Cowboys. They had a Mexican standoff and Houston got burned.

NOW Cookes is starting to do his Toney impersonation... and here is where Ill help you out. PLAYERS do not lose in these situations. They will get hurt, they will miss gaes ad tey will still get paid. Players win...... always when they want out.

Look at wuss boy from the Sixers. He sat out a year because his feelings were hurt, his "Mental health," wasnt right and he still got paid a boat load of money to not play.... until he got his wish and he was traded.

He has become disgruntled and teams are better off trading those players, because in the end, they get no money and no production from those players.

man this post has so many things wrong lol….first of all cooks sat out last night. Secondly, cooks had already asked for a trade- the Texans didn’t trade him. Exactly how did he win there again? They didn’t eat any of his money to facilitate a deal That’s a win how? Houston absolutely did not get burned…..they decided not to trade him. If they were so concerned about being burned he’d be gone for 50 cents on the dollar.

The mistake your making is using the nba as a baseline for the nfl. They are 2 different sports and in the nba players leverage teams all the time. The nfl isn’t the nba and comparing the 2 is nonsense. Cooks literally just lost a leverage play by demanding a trade and not being moved….
if cooks wants to be waived or released this season he’ll have to give up guaranteed money like obj did. When you give up a ton of money to get your way- you didn’t win the leverage play, it’s a sign that things aren’t going your way.

Lastly, you have no clue what anyone else is going through with their mental health. Ben simmons sister has accused her own brother (bens financial guy ) of molesting her- that right there is enough to make any man potentially have some mental health issues. We don’t have to like him sitting out but talking about mental health with the phrase “little wussy boy” is a something a little boy does…

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As stated earlier, he may not wanna be there but no way in hell he's going to give them a reason to void his deal. But, we are talking about the rest of this year AND all of next season. Just don't see this working out that long........they will work something out that gives him his release and save them some money.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

The way you guys discredit someone mental health….just crazy to me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the rumor was dubious to he honest. From what I had read the window for teams to negotiate who takes the cap hits passed the day before. If thats accurate, they couldnt have been stuck up on who pays the guarenteed because it could be negotiated.

That sounds like the more ‘dubious’ rumor to me.

That being said, if we can get Cooks on a short term Gallup level deal that we can get out of before a Lamb extension kicks in, Id be all for it. He isnt a #1 caliber player but he has been very consistent throughout his career. Adding him to Lamb and Gallup gives us a very dangerous passing game

I’d have no problem signing him as a free agent fir a reasonable price. But it would still price that giving Cooper away was a mistake. Just as trading for Cooper in the first place proved they were wrong about Hurns and the receiver-by-committee approach.