Brawls on the concourse

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Imagine getting beat up on the field then taking a few In the concourse. Such a great day to be a Jet fan!!

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Wish I had been there! I worked as a bouncer at South Padre Island during spring break, back.in the day. I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
Would have cuffed them and stuffed them. They should have been arrested.
Being big has its advantages. I rep my Staubach jersey at Eagle games and no one ever messed with me. Or maybe Eagle fans respect Mr. Cowboy.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
This happens in every stadium. At the Patriots game a man died this Sunday. 52 year old who was in a fight must have had a heart attack. I don’t get wasted when I go to games it’s that simple. I have been at different stadiums with Cowboys gear and have been treated very nasty. I let it go every time. You can tell who the good fans are that are just busting balls and you can engage them vs who is looking to fight.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Agree.

I’m never going to a Dallas game in Philly, btw.
Yeah our nephew texted the wife and I on Sunday because he's a Jets fan, although he just moved outside of Philly. He also mentioned he can get free tickets to the Dallas game Nov 5th.

No desire to watch a game in Philly. Haven't been to an event there since the Live Aid concert in 86 at the Vet. Sitting in my living room with a fire in the wood stove seems like a much better option.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Same here. I worked as a bouncer on Fire Island in the 80s and I had to break up a ton of slap fights.

It was just slap, slap, freaking slap. I cant even remember how many men I had to beat off.
Full service bouncer?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Agree.

I’m never going to a Dallas game in Philly, btw.
Went to a Skins-Eagles game at the Vet in the mid 80s as a kid. I was with a bunch of Skins fans and those animals were throwing all kind of junk at us the entire game. Mind you, the group I was with were mostly kids and maybe 2-3 adults.

lopey

Reaction score
How can anyone afford to get that drunk at a game? It’s like $15 for a Miller Lite. That’s like $100 minimum to feel a buzz.
They go to a tail gate part or start at a bar. Also these punks usually can’t handle to much liquor. Little boys lol

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did a year in Amarillo… it was hard time.
I spent different amount of times in Amarillo. Brutal winters with the constant wind.
6 months, 3 months, 6 times or so from 1 week to 1 month, or 2 months. Either flew and rented a car, or drove my own truck, about a 5 hour drive or so.

Then I flew up there every Wednesday for a several months. Fly out in the morning, and back in the evening. On the corporate jet. It flew up there every day and back. Actually 2 of them. This was over a 6 year time span though.
One guy did it every day, as he did not want to leave his family to stay an extended time.

Overall though, I did have some good times up there. I knew several people that grew up there or lived there for years and told me where to go, and where not to go.
Drive a little south, and went to Palo Duryo Canyon. 2nd largest to Grand Canyon.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Takes two New Yorkers to take on one Texan. Don't mess with Texas.
I worked with a guy in South Florida. Actually worked with him also in Cincinnati.
He was from Philly, and of course an Eagles fan. Overall a pretty decent guy. We worked well together. He was not one of the idiot fans.

He told me how much he hated Texas, as the state, the Cowboys had nothing to do with that.
He had a scholarship to some small college in Texas. Can't remember the name.

He is not a real big guy, he was maybe 5-9 160. And did not say how big the Texan was, just that he was a BMOC type, in a real Cowboys hat, and the boots and all that. He said he went up to a big guy on campus his 1st week there. Said something to him, and admitted it was something not nice. Said he woke up 2 days later, all he remembered was one punch. He left Texas and his scholarship and went back to Philly. Would never set foot in Texas again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been discussed but apparently there were some serious altercations between fans of each team. Anyone know much about what happened?
https://nypost.com/2023/09/18/jets-cowboys-fans-fight-in-bloody-brawl-at-atampt-stadium/
I didn't even notice I mean I was up in the Nosebleed seats in the 4th deck but it must have happened I mean I left started walking out about 7 minutes trying to find my Uber and Lyft before the game was over that's right ripped me apart for leaving early but I still couldn't find a lift or Uber for an hour so I had to walk down the street 1/4 mile have more beers and wait on something to open up lol..

But I was just actually commenting to people how calm and friendly most of The Jets fans were and and also it was a great game and a lot of good energy I didn't see any of that so I don't know what happened.... I mean all The Jets fans I talked to inside the stadium but you know before you walk into the actual stadium outside when everyone was doing pregame tailgating seemed pretty friendly to me..

I mean even as the game went on some of The Jets fans that were sitting near me they didn't seem angry or anything but you know anything happens when you mix alcohol and egos

lopey

Reaction score
I was at the vikes cowboys game last year in minny. End of game one idiot Cowboys fan was chirping to about 5 bike fans. I mean not just friendly banter but crazy over the top crap. Little guy too. He got his *** handed to him and rightly so. You act the fool you will pay the price