Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread

EGTuna

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4688308 said:
I'm still waiting on Gus Fring's past in Chile to come back and haunt Walt. There's no way the writers went to all that trouble of setting up that backstory last year to just let it die.

When Mike said "You don't know what you've done" in this year's premiere it pretty much sealed the idea that it's an issue that will play out on screen.

I tend to agree. He's letting more people see who "Heisenberg" is, and it will come back to him eventually.

I read a story that said the the "shadow version" for the whole series is actually from Hank's POV and his quest to take down the blue meth king Heisenberg. The version on the "main level" if you will is Walt's descension from Mr. Chips to Scarface, but the shadow version is the more traditional narrative of Hank's quest to catch Heisenberg.

Here's the link http://www.newyorker.com/arts/criti...20827crte_television_nussbaum?currentPage=all

juck

Reaction score
Walts going out in flames. Better to burn out than to fade away. He has nothing to lose. His wife wants him to dies. He is probably gonna die from cancer anyway.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Todd is serious about learning the trade and he is ruthless...

This whole show has been a transformation in opposites... Walter is becoming worse while Jesse is becoming better...

I predict a few things:

• Walt will kill his wife with a Ricin cigarette
  • Jesse will discover the truth about Walt
  • Todd will eventually kill Walt once he learns the recipe

Wildest series in the history of television... been a fun ride...

kmp77

Reaction score
Walt is alive on his 52nd birthday (he just turned 51 a few episodes ago).....full head of hair so I doubt he dies from cancer. He gets that big machine gun so something definitely happens on his next birthday a year from now. Either a shootout with the cops or people wanting him dead. I'm thinking it comes down to Hank taking Walt out. But that seems obvious...not sure if the show would do that.

Joshmil53

Reaction score
Jesse kills Walt is my guess and Jesse and Skylar go on to live happily ever after

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Joshmil53;4692534 said:
Jesse kills Walt is my guess and Jesse and Skylar go on to live happily ever after

IMO, Walt will die unceremoniously of cancer in the final scene of the series. Having him get shot isnt personal enough, he needs to lay dying and realize that he indeed "broke bad" and subsequently lost everything and everyone he ever loved.

It's a fantastic series, but you can't have a happy ending IMO. Also, there is no way that both Skylar and Jesse make it out scot free, too many connections to Walt's drug business to hide...and rest assured Hank will figure it out.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
kmp77;4692523 said:
Walt is alive on his 52nd birthday (he just turned 51 a few episodes ago).....full head of hair so I doubt he dies from cancer. He gets that big machine gun so something definitely happens on his next birthday a year from now. Either a shootout with the cops or people wanting him dead. I'm thinking it comes down to Hank taking Walt out. But that seems obvious...not sure if the show would do that.

Cancer patients lose their hair because of the treatment, not the cancer. If he has given up and not getting chemo he'd still have hair.

Also, he was popping what I assume are cough suppressants or pain killers in the flashforward and his cough is back, so he definitely still has cancer.

Joshmil53

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4692731 said:
IMO, Walt will die unceremoniously of cancer in the final scene of the series. Having him get shot isnt personal enough, he needs to lay dying and realize that he indeed "broke bad" and subsequently lost everything and everyone he ever loved.

It's a fantastic series, but you can't have a happy ending IMO. Also, there is no way that both Skylar and Jesse make it out scot free, too many connections to Walt's drug business to hide...and rest assured Hank will figure it out.

Ha I was being a bit sarcastic, I should of put "Jesse and Skylar live happily ever after TOGETHER" :D

I just started watching this series about a week or two ago and I'm already caught up. I've never been able to do that with any other show, I don't want this one to end lol.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4692731 said:

There WON'T be a happy ending, because it goes against EVERYTHING the show stands for. The whole point of the show is to watch this transformation of the good guy turning into the bad guy. Plus, I read somewhere that the writers have already stated it's going to end BAD. :D

MegaMagick

Reaction score
It was just too obvious in the last scene that Mike was going to get it(and it was something that i feel most people were anticipating way before then).

The Mike i know would've said "No Walt, i don't trust you, stay there." but for whatever reason he trusted Walt with that extremely important task. I thought that Jesse would've brought the bag, Mike would disappear, and then Walt would kill Jesse at some point which would lead Mike to risk it all and hunt down Walt for revenge.

Whatever though, still a great show!

mldardy

Reaction score
MegaMagick;4692917 said:
It was just too obvious in the last scene that Mike was going to get it(and it was something that i feel most people were anticipating way before then).

The Mike i know would've said "No Walt, i don't trust you, stay there." but for whatever reason he trusted Walt with that extremely important task. I thought that Jesse would've brought the bag, Mike would disappear, and then Walt would kill Jesse at some point which would lead Mike to risk it all and hunt down Walt for revenge.

Whatever though, still a great show!
He trusted Walt at least a little bit because Walt warned him about the DEA coming after him in the park. Who else was Mike going to turn to in that situation?
Jesse? No because he didn't Jesse to get back into it after declaring himself out.
Saul? Saul's a lawyer, way too risky and after what happened with the other lawyer would you trust another one.
Lydia? No especially after threatening to kill her twice.

He had no one to turn to but Walt in that situation.

Lodeus

Reaction score
oh my

tumblr_m9r5g5NA4v1qc38hb.bmp

juck

Reaction score
Hank cant do jack though considering WW paid for his treatment. I however think the AZ boys are gonna come after Walt n Jessie hence the M60 being bought in the opener. My guess is the cancer is back too.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Does anyone think there is any foreshadowing going on with Walt watching scarface where tony montana goes down fighting? They did show the big gun at the beginning of this season. Now that Hank knows about Walt, well.....

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4700940 said:
Does anyone think there is any foreshadowing going on with Walt watching scarface where tony montana goes down fighting? They did show the big gun at the beginning of this season. Now that Hank knows about Walt, well.....

I think there is plenty of foreshadowing going on. The painting that Walt is intently staring at in the motel room with the prison guys is the same painting he was staring at in the same way in the hospital after his "fugue state" back in Season 2. The painting is of a man in a rowboat rowing out to a ship with a wife and two kids on shore watching him leave...which is likely to be very relevant to the ending of the series, I presume. It also ties into tonight's title, "Gliding Over All," a Walt Whitman poem...
"GLIDING o'er all, through all, Through Nature, Time, and Space, As a ship on the waters advancing, The voyage of the soul--not life alone, Death, many deaths I'll sing."

a_minimalist

Reaction score
danielofthesaints;4701035 said:
I think there is plenty of foreshadowing going on. The painting that Walt is intently staring at in the motel room with the prison guys is the same painting he was staring at in the same way in the hospital after his "fugue state" back in Season 2. The painting is of a man in a rowboat rowing out to a ship with a wife and two kids on shore watching him leave...which is likely to be very relevant to the ending of the series, I presume. It also ties into tonight's title, "Gliding Over All," a Walt Whitman poem...
"GLIDING o'er all, through all, Through Nature, Time, and Space, As a ship on the waters advancing, The voyage of the soul--not life alone, Death, many deaths I'll sing."

Well that doesn't sound like literal death, the poem that is. That's a really good point about the paintings though. So maybe he won't die. It really is a well thought out show though. The writers put out a fine piece of art.