Breaking Bad - Starts July 17th

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
ajk23az;3983204 said:
There has been 5 seasons of Dexter already, Breaking Bad has had 3.

Season 4 of Dexter was easily the best one, I'll admit season 5 was a little worse but let's wait and see how BB is after 5 seasons.

BB season 1 was way too predictable. Didn't keep me hooked at all, had to force myself to watch it since everyone touts it so much. Maybe season 2 is better, maybe not. I'm not in any rush to watch it though.

I love both of them, but I love Dexter better. BB is nothing but pressure pressure pressure with little to no let down. Dexter on the other hand may be a bit predictable (but c'mon, who could predict Season 4 finale??) but is great acting. Julia Stiles did great considering what Season 4 was, and I am excited for Season 6, I think this is the season Debs finds out about Dexter...

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Breaking Bad > Dexter

And this is coming from someone who is a diehard fan of Dex. I thought it was the best show on TV at one time, but it has been surpassed.

Also, Bryan Cranston > Michael C. Hall

mldardy

Reaction score
ajk23az;3983204 said:
There has been 5 seasons of Dexter already, Breaking Bad has had 3.

Season 4 of Dexter was easily the best one, I'll admit season 5 was a little worse but let's wait and see how BB is after 5 seasons.

BB season 1 was way too predictable. Didn't keep me hooked at all, had to force myself to watch it since everyone touts it so much. Maybe season 2 is better, maybe not. I'm not in any rush to watch it though.
BB is already great after 3 seasons. Like I said the show keeps getting better. There hasn't been a bad or even average season yet. I don't get how you thought season 1 of BB was predictable. Like another poster said it was only 7 episodes. They were just laying the groundwork for what was getting ready to happen. I'll take the worst season of BB over the best season of Dexter any day of the week. Dexter is just an uneven show IMO.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
mldardy;3983308 said:
BB is already great after 3 seasons. Like I said the show keeps getting better. There hasn't been a bad or even average season yet. I don't get how you thought season 1 of BB was predictable. Like another poster said it was only 7 episodes. They were just laying the groundwork for what was getting ready to happen. I'll take the worst season of BB over the best season of Dexter any day of the week. Dexter is just an uneven show IMO.

One episode I hated in BB was the fly episode, as it added absolutely nothing to the season and just annoyed the hell out of me. I guess I like Dexter better because Walter is getting too anti-hero for me and his descent into that world has made him increasing amoral. Dexter is practically the opposite, each season, you see him become more human.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Im a fan of Dexter but the shows arent even in the same league. Dexter isnt even trying to be the show that Breaking Bad has become. They dont have those kinds of aspirations.

Breaking Bad is knocking on the door of all-time TV greatness. And they also have a definitive end in mind for the show. Knowing that a lead character with this kind of secret cant realistically go on forever

Dexter is OK w/ what it is

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Glad this is coming back here in a little bit. Also looking forward to Dexter coming back before to long.

Not sure when Spartacus starts back up. Don't even know if they got someone to replace the actor who played Spartacus in the first season yet.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
I just re-watched all of season 3 in preparation. I think by the end if season 4, Walt will be replacing Gustavo. I can't wait to see how things go down after Jesse took care of gail.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I have been recording the episodes on AMC the last few weeks and have really enjoyed the show. Looking forward to seeing the new season this weekend.

I dont really get his wife's character, she seems to be all over the place to me.

mldardy

Reaction score
Doomsday;3992136 said:
I dont really get his wife's character, she seems to be all over the place to me.
Think Carmela Soprano. She likes living the lavish laugh.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
I wish they would just kill her off. She's more annoying than fran drescher

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Well that was certainly one of the best episodes of any show I've ever seen. The scene with Gus was simply incredible and pretty much TV perfection at its finest. This will be the best season of BB I think.

juck

Reaction score
Wow what a way to open the season. Gus is smart Victor was seen and had to be deleted.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
juck;3995329 said:
Wow what a way to open the season. Gus is smart Victor was seen and had to be deleted.

I think Gus was also trying to send a strong message to Walt and Jesse that he is not only a masterful strategist, but also a cold-blooded monster that would brutally take out even his own guy. Team Heisenberg vs Team Gus is going to be insanely epic this season. At least I think that's what will happen. With this show, who knows.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
That was a great episode. Glad I saw this thread and got caught up on the first 3 seasons.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Lab Notes that was shown sitting on a shelf at Gale's house in the final scene.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Awesome episode overall but the Gus scene put it over the top. It was just the way he came in, changed, took care of business, cleaned up, only said one thing, and then left was just genius.

:bow:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
juck;3995329 said:

I got the impression Gus would have considered killing Jesse and having Victor take his role until Walter said that without Jesse, he wouldn't have him.

Maybe my memory isn't so good, but I think he was standing right next to Jesse until Walter spoke up for him, then he moved over to stand by Victor.

mldardy

Reaction score
I think he killed Victor also because he was seen at the apartment so it was either going to be Jesse or Victor. Gus hates Jesse so he wouldn't have a problem getting rid of him. Mike asked Victor if anyone saw him at the apartment and Victor said yes. After that,if you notice Mike called Gus but we never heard what he told Gus. I am assuming he told Gus that Victor was at the apartment and was seen by witnesses/neighbors. Thus Gus having to get rid of Victor.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He had to know coming in if he killed Jesse he had to kill Walt as well. No way is Walt going to cook with some one he didnt trust. He isnt about to train his replacement at this point, he would be cutting his own throat.