Breaking Bad - Starts July 17th

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Ozzu;4000799 said:
It's not all action. There is quite a bit of dialogue. They do a really nice job of having you get to know the characters so that when the action does happen, you actually care what happens to them.

It's definitely worth watching.

I'll check it out right after watching the first season of Walking Dead, most likely will marathon it on Sunday so sometime next week i'll get Breaking Bad. Thank you.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4000817 said:
I'll check it out right after watching the first season of Walking Dead, most likely will marathon it on Sunday so sometime next week i'll get Breaking Bad. Thank you.

You'll be hooked after 1 or 2 episodes. I didn't start watching until season 2 was already around. I rented season 1, and watched the entire season in two days. Best show on TV.

Dexter is a close second for me.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
My wife and I started with season one on netflix a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately they also showed all the episodes on tv which I recorded, we're now up to halfway through the 3rd season and loving every bit of it.

(side note: how could directv not have AMC in HD?)

mldardy

Reaction score
Meat-O-Rama;4005608 said:
My wife and I started with season one on netflix a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately they also showed all the episodes on tv which I recorded, we're now up to halfway through the 3rd season and loving every bit of it.

(side note: how could directv not have AMC in HD?)
Everyone with DTV is wondering this. AMC and DTV have had "discussions" for a while but nothing has ever happened. There are a lot of guesses why this hasn't happened. Money and other factors. There are plenty of DTV forums out there you can read up on about why it hasn't happened yet.

Reaction score
I obviously watch the seasons of BB as they're on, but my true glorious viewing doesn't take place until I watch them again on blu-ray when they release. If it wasn't for sunday ticket, DirecTV could kiss my ***. Watching Mad Men and Breaking Bad, the two best shows on TV in standard def on my wonderful LED is bull****.

Meat-O-Rama

Reaction score
Joshmvii;4007113 said:
I obviously watch the seasons of BB as they're on, but my true glorious viewing doesn't take place until I watch them again on blu-ray when they release. If it wasn't for sunday ticket, DirecTV could kiss my ***. Watching Mad Men and Breaking Bad, the two best shows on TV in standard def on my wonderful LED is bull****.

amen.

I went the other way around. Watched season 1 on blu ray, then the rest of them on directv, which looks horrible.

mldardy

Reaction score
Joshmvii;4007113 said:
Me and you both. The only reason I have DTV is because of Sunday ticket and their other exclusive sports packages(NBA, MLB). I have all seasons of Mad Men and Breaking Bad on Blu-ray so it is enjoyable to rewatch them in true HD quality again.

Meat-O-Rama

Reaction score
Wife and I are finally caught up. Which sucks. Now we have to wait like everyone else for the next episode to come on Sunday...

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Meat-O-Rama;4032755 said:
Wife and I are finally caught up. Which sucks. Now we have to wait like everyone else for the next episode to come on Sunday...

This season has definitely been up to the extremely high standards they've set for themselves. It's worth the wait. :D

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
BreakingBadIotacons2.png

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Good episode. There could have been a little more action, but this show is entertaining without it. I wonder what the whole Jesse ride-a-long was trying to prove? Mike said, "you got what you wanted. The kid is a hero." What's that all about?

I think it's inevitable that Hank discovers Walt. However, I think he'll also "break bad". It's a theory, and I'm probably way off, but it would be unexpected. It remains to be seen.

Temo

Reaction score
Rynie;4050336 said:
Good episode. There could have been a little more action, but this show is entertaining without it. I wonder what the whole Jesse ride-a-long was trying to prove? Mike said, "you got what you wanted. The kid is a hero." What's that all about?

I think it's inevitable that Hank discovers Walt. However, I think he'll also "break bad". It's a theory, and I'm probably way off, but it would be unexpected. It remains to be seen.

I think Gus is trying to break up the Walt-Jesse team, and weaken Walt for it. He still needs Walt to do his cooks, so he can't kill off Jesse because Walt would probably rebel. Jesse looks to Walt like a pseudo-father, but Walt treats Jesse like ****, most of the time. He's trying to replace Walt with Mike in Jesse's life, and come in between them.

Temo

Reaction score
If you're as big a fan of the music as I am...

[youtube]yiQ7S38nKog[/youtube]

mldardy

Reaction score
Temo;4050488 said:
I think Gus is trying to break up the Walt-Jesse team, and weaken Walt for it. He still needs Walt to do his cooks, so he can't kill off Jesse because Walt would probably rebel. Jesse looks to Walt like a pseudo-father, but Walt treats Jesse like ****, most of the time. He's trying to replace Walt with Mike in Jesse's life, and come in between them.

Great analysis. I also think Gus did it to get Jesse re-focused. Jesse was out of control and by having him go on that "trip" with Mike and the "threat" at the end. Gus I believe has Jesse's attention now.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
mldardy;4050589 said:
Great analysis. I also think Gus did it to get Jesse re-focused. Jesse was out of control and by having him go on that "trip" with Mike and the "threat" at the end. Gus I believe has Jesse's attention now.

Keep Jesse busy so he can keep him straight

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4000775 said:
Is this show worth starting to watch, would have to start from season 1.

I just got caught up on the first 3 seasons prior to the start of season 4 and I am really glad I did. Great show.