Brees willing to take below market contract

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I wonder if giving Taysom Hill a 1st round tender upped the ante on Drew wanting to play this coming year with the Saints.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Restructuring is only pushing money further into the future. You create relief today but only add to the pain later. When your making 35 million a year, or whatever, who cares if you are only bringing home 15 of it this year. At the end of your career, you are bringing home a lot more of it when you need it more.
Sure restructuring doesn't solve everything forever, but Romo has done it, Brady has done it .. lots of players have done it. The bottom line is players will work with their team AFTER getting their payday.

Same applies to team friendly new contracts. A guy with a net worth of $120 million and who is just trying to finish out the last couple of years with the team he has spent 15 years with will naturually have a different viewpoint than a guy with a net worth of $2 million and who is just 4 years into his career. To act as if Brees and Dak are looking at identical circumstances would make no sense. They simply aren't.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Why compare a 40-something QB that has already earned his fortune's situation to Dak's, who is looking for his first big contract ever?

Sign Brady or Brees and the Cowboys may win for a year or two, then it's back trying to separate the Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watsons of the draft from the Paxton Lynchs and Josh Rosens. No thank you.

Pay Dak and get it over with, Cowboys.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
His rookie contract was set. Extending early last year would have just given him an advance on the years added on.

It’s easy to take less than market value when you’ve already cashed in big contracts. While you can certainly hope a player would help the team out, it certainly shouldn’t be surprising a player who has played for peanuts and significantly outperformed his pay rate isn’t looking to give a discount.

Of course it would but isn't that what you are saying? I mean, again, there is nothing anybody can do about when Dak got drafted. That's on Dak and his College Career. But playing for 4 mil over 4 years, that too is on Dak because he didn't have to do that. He could have had more money in his pocket sooner, if he would have opted to take a deal. He didn't do it so there you go.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And it also tells you all you need to know about Dak.

Dude is a fraud.

Pure and simple.

We need to break off negotiations immediately and go shopping with his and Amari's money.

I'm not mad at Dak.. He's just playing the game.. The problem is the Cowboys who are playing it with him.

This is on the Jones's.. They have all the information we have and more but they still want to participate in the broken QB market.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sure restructuring doesn't solve everything forever, but Romo has done it, Brady has done it .. lots of players have done it. The bottom line is players will work with their team AFTER getting their payday.

Same applies to team friendly new contracts. A guy with a net worth of $120 million and who is just trying to finish out the last couple of years with the team he has spent 15 years with will naturually have a different viewpoint than a guy with a net worth of $2 million and who is just 4 years into his career. To act as if Brees and Dak are looking at identical circumstances would make no sense. They simply aren't.

I understand but I don't view that as doing some huge favor for the Cowboys. It helps the players, especially the big time players, just as much or more.

Now taking 25 mil annually when you could demand 35 mil is helping the team in a much larger way because lets face it, the team is still going to come to Brees and ask him to restructure, at some point.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He's 50 years old and has made his money! Did he take below market when he was younger?

hes taken Below market as has Tom their entire creeer...issue is Dak knows he wont last that long , hes been exposed trying to get his last big deal.

where elite players get 3 elite deals ,so they take less.. yup its true Dak doesnt even have confidence if he took the latest deal it will be enough , might be his last starting money before hes the next keenum or fitz moving around the league..:)

lets stop making excuses to why dak wants russ money when he plays closer to Carr..Seriously..

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
hes taken Below market as has tom their entire creeer...issue Dak knows he wont last that long , hes been exposed tryig to get his last big deapl where elite players get 3 elite deals so they take less.. yup its true Dak doesnt even have confidence if he took the latest deal it will be enough , might be his last starting money before hes the next keenum or fitz moving around the league..:)

lets stop making excuses to why dak wants russ money when he plays closer to Carr..Seriously..
I think your spell check has been infected by a virus. Get back to me when you fix it. No comprendo......

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's 50 years old and has made his money! Did he take below market when he was younger?
I heard the similar about Brady. And people just don’t look at the entire picture sometimes. Just wet suits their needs my cowboy brother.Be safe be careful out there

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
hes taken Below market as has tom their entire creeer...issue Dak knows he wont last that long , hes been exposed tryig to get his last big deapl where elite players get 3 elite deals so they take less.. yup its true Dak doesnt even have confidence if he took the latest deal it will be enough , might be his last starting money before hes the next keenum or fitz moving around the league..:)

I’ve been thinking on this a lot. Titan Gronkowski out of football. I don’t think he wants to be a quarterback for the rest of his life he might just know enough to say pay me now and I’ll leave when I still have a body That I can enjoy.. These retired players should be in wheelchairs they’re hurting. Just another way to look at it. Be careful be safe my cowboy brother is dangerous out there

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand but I don't view that as doing some huge favor for the Cowboys. It helps the players, especially the big time players, just as much or more.

Now taking 25 mil annually when you could demand 35 mil is helping the team in a much larger way because lets face it, the team is still going to come to Brees and ask him to restructure, at some point.
Of course it helps the Cowboys. Why would they ask player's to restructure if it didn't?

As for Brees taking $25 million instead of $35 million, again, he is a 42 year old guy with a net worth of $120 million and trying to hang on to an additional year or two with the team he has been with for 15 years. Dak is not in that situation. I'm sure Brees wasn't giving that kind of discount early in his career either.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

. Prescott Place exactly like the scheme that Is in current place. I can’t wait to see how he plays under the new coach. As much as I don’t like the new coach only time is going to tell. For me it was special teams that was a disaster. Going 30 extra yards every drive

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think your spell check has been infected by a virus. Get back to me when you fix it. No comprendo......
you know *** I meant:rolleyes:

I am a Multitasker and this is not that important to get perfect spelling or grammar, to me its like texting..

now go back to your hole..:popcorn: