Brees willing to take below market contract

blueblood70

Reaction score
. Prescott Place exactly like the scheme that Is in current place. I can’t wait to see how he plays under the new coach. As much as I don’t like the new coach only time is going to tell. For me it was special teams that was a disaster. Going 30 extra yards every drive
umm those are the padded yards he using to try and appear like he deserves 35mil..bleck we saw him play the last 8 games , it was not better then 33 and 105...IDC who the coach is, he himself needed to step up and he didnt..

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Treating a guy with a net worth of $2 million dollars as if he is in the same situation as a guy with a net worth of $120 million is a bogus position to take. They are not in the same situations. If Dak were 42 years old with a net worth of $120 million and was certain to make the Hall of Fame his attitude would be different than it is today.
It all depends on ones agenda.

Dak at first with us was dreaming his dream of being the Cowboy QB.

Checked that bucket list item off and now he wants the big prize.

I understand it.

I just don't want to hear anymore bleeding of Silver and Blue from him.

Take the money, enjoy it for now.

But just don't turn into another Quincy Carter.

We have waited decades to win again.

blindzebra

Reaction score
. Prescott Place exactly like the scheme that Is in current place. I can’t wait to see how he plays under the new coach. As much as I don’t like the new coach only time is going to tell. For me it was special teams that was a disaster. Going 30 extra yards every drive
Don't bother.
If we win these idiots say surrounding talent.
If we lose it is all on Dak.
You point out the obvious...lack of take-aways, awful special teams...and it is stop making excuses.
I have said it before but the team has about 50% knowledgeable fans and 50% complete morons. If that offends anyone, we know the one in which you fit.

joseephuss

Reaction score
hes taken Below market as has Tom their entire creeer....

Have they? I doubt it. Maybe at times they took below their market value, but it hasn't been for their respective entire careers. I seem to recall that Brees was given the largest amount of guaranteed money(at that time) when he signed his second Saints contract.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
umm those are the padded yards he using to try and appear like he deserves 35mil..bleck we saw him play the last 8 games , it was not better then 33 and 105...IDC who the coach is, he himself needed to step up and he didnt..
I think they’ll franchise him for one year 31 million. He should’ve taken the 33 long-term.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Is he marrying Gisele too?

This gives the Saints such an unfair advantage.. These QB's who take team friendly deals just give their team a much better chance at a Superbowl.

Brees has already made a quarter of a BILLION dollars in his career.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Don't bother.
You point out the obvious...lack of take-aways, awful special teams...and it is stop making excuses.
I have said it before but the team has about 50% knowledgeable fans and 50% complete morons. If that offends anyone, we know the one in which you fit.
I'm a knowledgeable moron.

100 percenter baby!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't bother.
The scheme is everything in my opinion. You have to play according to your talent Dink and dunk was winning. Nope everyone wanted 500+ yards. And when he proved he could do it we lost because that’s what happened to you lose balance. I don’t know what this new coach is going to put in place but I’m positive it will fit through our players abilities he does have that knack

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Bigamy is illegal, even in Louisiana.

What Brees does have though, is a net worth of about $120 million, and a limit on how many years he has left, so a team friendly deal is easier to concede than for a 26 year old player with a net worth of about $2 million.

Once Dak has his contract I would be surprised if he doesn't work with the team to restructure along the way to allow more cap space. That's so much easier to do once a palyer's financial future is secure.

Poor Dak can’t live off a guaranteed $105 million, I hope he gets so much more

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't bother.
. I’m from the old Cowboys fan forum . I’ve been a fan before Roger Staubach was a quarterback. I train with two time Super Bowl running back’s. That still doesn’t make me knowledgeable just another armchair quarterback

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Poor Dak can’t live off a guaranteed $105 million, I hope he gets so much more
Obviously it’s not about the money. If it was he would’ve taken the deal last season. He’s worried about his body just like most young NFL players. Pay me now see how I feel down the road. I don’t know how people can’t comprehend this

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It all depends on ones agenda.

Dak at first with us was dreaming his dream of being the Cowboy QB.

Checked that bucket list item off and now he wants the big prize.

I understand it.

I just don't want to hear anymore bleeding of Silver and Blue from him.

Take the money, enjoy it for now.

But just don't turn into another Quincy Carter.

We have waited decades to win again.
Do you really think Brady and Brees were giving huge discounts before their first big contracts?

As for the comment about not wanting to hear about Dak bleeding silver and blue, team's are no more loyal than players. Teams can't just pay whatever a player asks for, and teams will cut players and not pay the back end of their contract, and will walk away from productive players when they feel it make's business sense. The players have to take a business approach as well or they will get steamrolled by the team. That's the process.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prescott himself said let me prove myself before you pay me. It’s not about the money it’s about the term. People aren’t understanding that for some reason. He’s going to get 31 million franchised and I think That will be just fine with him

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Of course it would but isn't that what you are saying? I mean, again, there is nothing anybody can do about when Dak got drafted. That's on Dak and his College Career. But playing for 4 mil over 4 years, that too is on Dak because he didn't have to do that. He could have had more money in his pocket sooner, if he would have opted to take a deal. He didn't do it so there you go.
Yes, he had no control over his rookie deal. The fact is he significantly outplayed his contract and now is the time that he needs to capitalize on his ability to maximize his worth. I get people don’t like it, but he shouldn’t be faulted for it. And getting paid sooner just means he makes less later, it does change the total value of the first 4 years or the total value of the contract extension years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Have they? I doubt it. Maybe at times they took below their market value, but it hasn't been for their respective entire careers. I seem to recall that Brees was given the largest amount of guaranteed money(at that time) when he signed his second Saints contract.
they had the skins and the leverage to take way above what they could have taken,,they were NOT greedy..

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, he had no control over his rookie deal. The fact is he significantly outplayed his contract and now is the time that he needs to capitalize on his ability to maximize his worth. I get people don’t like it, but he shouldn’t be faulted for it. And getting paid sooner just means he makes less later, it does change the total value of the first 4 years or the total value of the contract extension years.
It’s more about the length than the money for Prescott. Yeah I would love to pay him what he wants long-term. I believe the kid is a winner. But he doesn’t want it so franchising for one year and everybody’s happy but the fans

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
you know *** I meant:rolleyes:

I am a Multitasker and this is not that important to get perfect spelling or grammar, to me its like texting..

now go back to your hole..:popcorn:
Lol!!! Stay away from my hole!!! Lol

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Do you really think Brady and Brees were giving huge discounts before their first big contracts?

As for the comment about not wanting to hear about Dak bleeding silver and blue, team's are no more loyal than players. Teams can't just pay whatever a player asks for, and teams will cut players and not pay the back end of their contract, and will walk away from productive players when they feel it make's business sense. The players have to take a business approach as well or they will get steamrolled by the team. That's the process.

Which is fine.

I do not believe everything people say.

Everybody has agendas.

Players, owners and fans.

I just prefer the actual reasons somebody does something.

But I know I am not entitled to that normally anyway.

So got to read the tea leaves.

As far as Brees or whomever discounting their first contract..

if they are asking too much, then yes.

Hmm..