Brees willing to take below market contract

blueblood70

Reaction score
Prescott himself said let me prove myself before you pay me. It’s not about the money it’s about the term. People aren’t understanding that for some reason. He’s going to get 31 million franchised and I think That will be just fine with him
he proved he earned a 33/105 deal that it..what else

he proved,

1. cant play against better teams down the stretch
2.Cant hit wide open receivers against philly in the win and you are in game
3.cant make the playoffs 2 of the last 3 seasons and go 8-8
4.cant create a play or will his team to a win with the chips down...
5.cant change plays or find the right target in the MN game at the end, he had the ball and he chose to give to to zeke, throw it to zeke..he could have pulled it or threw it to someone else..

so he proved he can put up big numbers against the worst teams in the league , then falter in the ones we needed him. yet wants RW market setting money and a short deal..

meh NFW brah. I like Dak hes the type that should only get 28 per year but the NFL has created a bad system that rewards average players..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Poor Dak can’t live off a guaranteed $105 million, I hope he gets so much more
Poor Cowboys - can't survive financially if they guarantee $108 million …

See how nonsensical that sounds? Your comment was the same.

Aside from that, how do you know Dak or his agent has rejected $105 million in guarantees? It's easy for fans to latch onto whatever rumor the tabloid sports media or other fans toss around, but there is no corroboration of any of it, and fans really just latch onto the narrative they prefer to believe. Why not latch onto the rumor that the problem isn't about the dollars at all, but the number of years?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which is fine.

I do not believe everything people say.

Everybody has agendas.

Players, owners and fans.

I just prefer the actual reasons somebody does something.

But I know I am not entitled to that normally anyway.

So got to read the tea leaves.

Hmm..
There will likely be a little more clarity once the contract is agreed to, but naturally we won't know every detail of how the negotiation went.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

he proved,

5.cant change plays or find the right target in the MN game at the end, he had the ball and he chose to give to to zeke, throw it to zeke..he could have pulled it or threw it to someone else..

so he proved he can put up big numbers against the worst teams in the league , then falter in the ones we needed him. yet wants RW market setting money and a short deal..

meh NFW brah. I like Dak hes the type that should only get 28 per year but the NFL has created a bad system that rewards average players..
First of all we changed the scheme. Second of all. Not an excuse traveling 30 extra yards every single drive is almost impossible. That’s like nine more plays you have to be perfect . Now I’m not saying Prescott is perfect but he’s definitely better than average. I think he is as good as the scheme in place for him. And I’m not gonna know until we get this new coach out there and see what it looks like. I would love to see a one year franchise. For that reason alone

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Poor Cowboys - can't survive financially if they guarantee $108 million …

See how nonsensical that sounds? Your comment was the same.

Aside from that, how do you know Dak or his agent has rejected $105 million in guarantees? It's easy for fans to latch onto whatever rumor the tabloid sports media or other fans toss around, but there is no corroboration of any of it, and fans really just latch onto the narrative they prefer to believe. Why not latch onto the rumor that the problem isn't about the dollars at all, but the number of years?

Dallas can afford a lot, but there is this thing called a salary cap. Yes it’s probably about the length, just so he can then negotiate more money. So yes it is about the money.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

he proved,

8/8. He is actually the new great. Do you know how hard it is to be that average that consistent. How many teams go to the Super Bowl and don’t go back the next season. But that was our downfall because of the draft situation and put us in. I would’ve rather failed once in a while then be competitive every single season. Not really LOL. Trust me it’s not Prescott. It’s the entire freaking franchise they drive me crazy

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I understand it’s about the length of contract, but he wants shorter length so he can then negotiate more money. I don’t blame or dislike him, just don’t want Dallas to continue making the same mistakes of the past.
See I think it’s about health. Take Titan Gronkowski. You have to enjoy your body once you get all that money and your career is over. Maybe he only wants to play for more years. See how he feels and renegotiate. This is truly a Warriors game they kill you out there. Just another outlook

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess at 25M, that's a "bargain" but the Cowboys have been getting a bargain at QB for 4 years and they didn't capitalize on that.

Don't try to make this Prescott's fault if they don't go to the SB because he wanted to get paid. You can make it his play but not his pay.

Maybe if he had a team that drafted better, especially on everything but the offense, he wouldn't catch all of this flak. It will not be his salary that prevents them from going to the Big Dance, it will be their continuing ineptitude at building a real team. They only build the part they watch the most and are clueless about building a defense.

Hell, Prescott could take 25M and that doesn't mean they're going to build a better contender, what the hell has been the excuse for all these years?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas can afford a lot, but there is this thing called a salary cap. Yes it’s probably about the length, just so he can then negotiate more money. So yes it is about the money.
Of course it's about the money - on both sides. And either one can be unreasonable in the negotiation, or walk away from the negotiation, or concede something in the negotiation … it isn't just a one way street.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Brees is my all-time favorite quarterback. One could dream having him at center for Dallas. He has that classy no nonsense attitude.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course it's about the money - on both sides. And either one can be unreasonable in the negotiation, or walk away from the negotiation, or concede something in the negotiation … it isn't just a one way street.
I’m thinking it’s more about the length of Contract for this quarterback Yes he wants a lot of money for short term. So your correct it’s about the money. But it’s also about the Health. Let me see how I feel in four more years. Maybe I’ll take less maybe I’ll take more. These players get beat up out there it’s not the same thing give me the long-term deal. And I get that

blueblood70

Reaction score
First of all we changed the scheme. Second of all. Not an excuse traveling 30 extra yards every single drive is almost impossible. That’s like nine more plays you have to be perfect . Now I’m not saying Prescott is perfect but he’s definitely better than average. I think he is as good as the scheme in place for him. And I’m not gonna know until we get this new coach out there and see what it looks like. I would love to see a one year franchise. For that reason alone
yes overall better then average for his career, but last year 8 above average 8 below average makes him average for the year..

too BAD IT HURTS YOUR FEELING BUT ITS MY OPINION AND IF YOU CHECK THIS BOARDS POLL 53% FEELL LIKE I DO..

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
yes overall better then average for his career, but last year 8 above average 8 below average makes him average for the year..

too BAD IT HURTS YOUR FEELING BUT ITS MY OPINION AND IF YOU CHECK THIS BOARDS POLL 53% FEELL LIKE I DO..
You should know me better than that by now it doesn’t hurt my feelings. I can respect another persons opinion. No reason to raise your voice LOL Did you forget. I don’t have an agenda. Seems I’m not the one that has the hurt feelings my cowboy brother. I just have a very good understanding why were winning, why we’re losing. Not saying you don’t. I don’t take it that way either. How did enough to golf 50 yards never mind 70. You don’t win your first three seasons change the scheme and all of a sudden suck

blueblood70

Reaction score
8/8. He is actually the new great. Do you know how hard it is to be that average that consistent. How many teams go to the Super Bowl and don’t go back the next season. But that was our downfall because of the draft situation and put us in. I would’ve rather failed once in a while then be competitive every single season. Not really LOL. Trust me it’s not Prescott. It’s the entire freaking franchise they drive me crazy
when he gets us to one he can have his hand out again, if not take the 33 105 and lest move on so we can tag BJ or coop..Daks being greedy and holding up the process..IMHO IMO IMO get it??

blueblood70

Reaction score
You should know me better than that by now it doesn’t hurt my feelings. I can respect another persons opinion. No reason to raise your voice LOL Did you forget. I don’t have an agenda. Seems I’m not the one that has the hurt feelings my cowboy brother
:thumbup::popcorn: