Video: Broaddus believes Earl will be a Cowboy **merged**

cern

Reaction score
I find it interesting that dc to be, Kris Richard has said little regarding his former player. Being coy?? Or really not interested. Not likely anyone here or even our fo knows better what Thomas brings to the table besides a huge salary demand. Not sure why some keep saying he'd be a deal if we can get him cheap.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Certain generational talent ages better than other non-generational, yet still elite talent.

Bailey, CWoodson, RWoodson come to mind of the recents.

Is he of that mold? If he plays the next 3-4-5 years as he has done thus far, he's HoF.

We don't know, tho. He has been a top 2 S since he's been in the league. It's a gamble, but it may not be as large a gamble as signing other players at his age.

Still, again, for me, he isn't worth losing Tank.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I find it interesting that dc to be, Kris Richard has said little regarding his former player. Being coy?? Or really not interested. Not likely anyone here or even our fo knows what Thomas brings to the besides a huge salary demand. Not sure why some keep saying he'd be a deal if we can get him cheap.
Who the hell is saying he will be cheap??

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I find it interesting that dc to be, Kris Richard has said little regarding his former player. Being coy?? Or really not interested. Not likely anyone here or even our fo knows what Thomas brings to the besides a huge salary demand. Not sure why some keep saying he'd be a deal if we can get him cheap.
Valid.

Sydla

Reaction score
Don't believe he makes that much difference but it is possible. If you can get him cheaply enough then do so. At the least he's a wash talent wise, although I think he's a slight plus, and he adds vet experience.

A wash talent wise/slight plus with who? Woods, Heath?

It all comes down to price but if added, he's easily the best and most talented S we have on the roster.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Cors, my brother, I might've jumped the gun on ol' Cern there. Are folks expecting a cheap contract from ET? If so, I imagine it derives from him "wanting to come back home"?

If so, Cern is right, that's rubbish. He will be looking to set the market for S. He'll probly want greater than EBerry money.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
To be fair, Hamlin on his very best day in his prime was 50% of the player Thomas is today. As a S, there's no reason why Earl can't be an elite player for 2 more years and very good S in the 3rd-4th years.
Oh, I know. I was just speaking about the safety position in general.

jchap

Reaction score
Without him we will likely be 16-0 in the regular season... with him at least 19-0

zerofill

Reaction score
He won't come cheap, he isn't going to take less money to come to Dallas. I don't understand how people think a safety, no matter how great they are, suddenly turns us into Super Bowl contenders?

We don't know what we will really have up front. With no Irving for 4 games, and possibly nothing great from him until he plays a couple games. He can't be trusted to stay in shape, while suspended... What do we count on? Randy Gregory? I wouldn't count on him being disruptive to any team, if he even plays.

What if DLAW doesn't play like he did last year or he is hurt, and Lee is hurt?

Then it won't matter who is back there, unless the front is making people pay. If they are making teams pay, and causing massive disruption... Then the youngsters will not have that many problems.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Who knows? I’m going to say I’m not sure he is good for any “wins”. We’re not talking about a QB who shoulders a team, or a RB for that matter. Those are the guys who I’d define as guys who are good for “wins”.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
he was all pro in 2011,2012,2013,2014, and 2017
all pro
forget the pro bowl
hes great

how many other all pro defensive players have the Cowboys had since 2011?

All that matters is how many All Pro seasons he'll have the rest of his career. Going into his 9th season, history says it won't be many.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
There is a lot of history regarding paying big money for guys looking for that last big deal going into their 9th season and beyond. It's usually a bad investment.
Yeah and I addressed that. Perhaps quote the appropriate post so we can continue discourse?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who knows how many wins? He’ll make a couple big plays a game we otherwise wouldn’t get. That might mean nothing, or it might mean a postseason berth we’d otherwise miss.

He could be the difference in us getting to keep Jason Garrett and having to start from scratch!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a lot of history regarding paying big money for guys looking for that last big deal going into their 9th season and beyond. It's usually a bad investment.

You can’t make a living at it.

But then, there are cases where one talented guy here or there makes a big difference, too. Even if you have to pay a premium to get him in.

When the Eagles signed Alshon Jefferey last year, I don’t remember a lot of people suggesting it was a mistake.