Broaddus: I think the Cowboys are going to trade for a big piece

Gambit

Reaction score
Well, the question should be what has Brandon Aubrey ever done to be given a free ride? He literally hasn't kicked an NFL field goal over 30 yards. Not even in preseason action. He has kicked one NFL FG and it was less than an extra point. And he missed an extra point. You people are ridiculous.
Ridiculous for asking a person's thought process? Okay then.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be shocked if they cut Tyron Smith. Then move Tyler back to LT and trade for a OG.
They've already restructured his deal and only have $3 million of base salary on him which is guaranteed and would get $0 in cap savings with $8 million in dead money.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Well, the question should be what has Brandon Aubrey ever done to be given a free ride? He literally hasn't kicked an NFL field goal over 30 yards. Not even in preseason action. He has kicked one NFL FG and it was less than an extra point. And he missed an extra point. You people are ridiculous.
The Cowboys have every intention of Aubrey being the kicker. Only way he isn't is if he tanks in this last preseason game.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The Cowboys have every intention of Aubrey being the kicker. Only way he isn't is if he tanks in this last preseason game.
The question isn't what they are going to do, it is what should they do? Should they really go into the season with a kicker that never played college football and has never kicked a FG longer than 30 yards in the NFL. During the practices, I don't think he has made one kick over 45 yards. It is a legitimate question.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The question isn't what they are going to do, it is what should they do? Should they really go into the season with a kicker that never played college football and has never kicked a FG longer than 30 yards in the NFL. During the practices, I don't think he has made one kick over 45 yards. It is a legitimate question.
But in the last practice...he ALMOST made a 55 yarder.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Ridiculous for asking a person's thought process? Okay then.
You honestly think he has done enough to not be questioned? This is a roster capable of the Super Bowl. Do you really think the best course of action is a noob at kicker?

Bizwah

Reaction score
It's interesting. I may have missed it, but it seems DA has been MIA this off-season.

Was he injured? I felt Armstrong had a great year last year, but it seems he's been forgotten due to Fowler's play and Sam Williams emergence.

I say this because pass rushers are always valuable, and it seems we have a lot of good ones

Could he be a possible trade candidate?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
It's interesting. I may have missed it, but it seems DA has been MIA this off-season.

Was he injured? I felt Armstrong had a great year last year, but it seems he's been forgotten due to Fowler's play and Sam Williams emergence.

I say this because pass rushers are always valuable, and it seems we have a lot of good ones

Could he be a possible trade candidate?
You are right, hasn't been any comment about him. THink he has been injured. BUt yes, I think he would be a legit trade candidate. Decent pass rusher with a reasonable contract.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The entire season will live or die with the offensive line. It has been that way all off season. They missed a chance to get a player in the second and whiffed.

If they cannot open holes or pass protect, the season will be another disappointment.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
"I-I-I wouldn't bet if if-ifhthe Cowboys tr-tr-traded for someone." Broadduss

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What team is crazy enough to deal a "big piece" Olineman preseason though? I'd love to see it happen, but the time to address that issues was April/May/June. I can see a depth or developmental piece being added, but more than that seems like a stretch.
A team that drafted an olineman who made an older olineman expendable.

Carson

Reaction score
As long as he’s better than our current scrub backups…
I think they are content with what they have.

LT - Tyron Smith, Asim Richards
LG - Tyler Smith, Chuma Edoga
C - Tyler Biadasz, Matt Farniok
RG - Zack Martin, Josh Ball
RT - Terence Steele, Matt Waletzko

That is 8 bodies that should be locks. Toss in a few guys who should make it. TJ Bass, Bostick etc.

Motorola

Reaction score
Give me Chris Jones please. Yea I know it won’t happen but THAT would be reminiscent of the Haley signing.
Mutiple Pro-Bowl & All-Pro selections; two NFL Championships Rings.
Jones turned 29 July 3rd – he's seeking his last big payday (3 or 4 years).
If he played on the opposite side of the ball - maybe.
But I feel the Cowboys have enough on the DLine for a deep playoff run.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Mutiple Pro-Bowl & All-Pro selections; two NFL Championships Rings.
Jones turned 29 July 3rd – he's seeking his last big payday (3 or 4 years).
If he played on the opposite side of the ball - maybe.
But I feel the Cowboys have enough on the DLine for a deep playoff run.
Agreed.

However, if there's one thing that could take our defense to the next level it would be a stud pass rushing DT. Osa could be that guy. Jones IS that guy. But it won't happen. Jones and Co will never make the trade and neither would KC.

Jerry and Co have mentioned all off-season how tight we are against the cap with Parsons, Lamb, Steele, and Dak all due MASSIVE new deals. Chris Jones would cost a ton of $$$.

Love the idea.....but it has no chance of happening.