Twitter: Broaddus: it's Kellen's show

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dre made excuses for that now he posts this. He also didn't believe BB when he said Romo didn't help Dak his rookie year.
Dak said Romo was in the meetings drawing things up for him to help him. Lol.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Who would you believe? A guy that's out of the circle and no longer indebted to Jones and the Cowboys? Or a guy still getting paychecks signed by the team?

Broaddus needs to answer the question that everyone is asking. If nothing's changed behind the scenes, why has everyone noticed the change in schemes and playcalling? Why does the gameplan from weeks 1-3 look totally different from weeks 4-6?

What I want to know is why. Why would you change something that’s putting 30 points a week on the board. Because the teams are getting tougher. How long would you go with your old wore out style and it don’t work before you say ok Moore do your thang again.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Broaddus is a Garrett lackey.

If he’s trying to imply Garrett has no input he’s lying.

If Garrett had no input then why even keep him as HC? He’s be neutered at that point.

Worse, if the offense we saw the last few weeks is all Moore, that’s alarming. The play calls against the Jets were decidedly conservative at times.

Pretty sure losing Cooper at the beginning of the game unexpectedly had something to do with it. Think about it......at least 50-60% of your passing game plan centered around Coop and Gallup. Losing Coop made it easier to minimize Gallup as an option ( especially w/o Cobb ). That left trying a to make Austin, Witten and Wilson your main options w/o practice (lol). Pretty sure we'll see more aggressive play-calling against the Eagles using the same players but with a week of practice.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Can you imagine..question turned around...”You mean to say our HC has no clue what’s going on in offensive game plans? You just show up on Sunday and it’s pot luck soup?” He doesn’t like the way it’s framed. He’s mad at Moore about the red zone goal line stuff etc and the whole deal with the team like we are. Take it with a grain of salt...like Garrett has no clue what’s going on.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It is if you take Romo as the authority in the NFL, I don't. He's also got a sour taste in his mouth about Garrett and taking his subtle little shots.

What Moore did in the first 3 games was against powder puffs and once they got some film they set up against what he had been doing. Go back and watch that NO game, they'd gone to school on Young Kellen and GB and NY went to school on NO. Add the injuries, drops and mistakes and Garrett is taking over the play calling? Balderdash.

Too many, that should know better, looked at those first 3 games as gospel, even though we tried to slow them down. They anointed Young Kellen thinking an OC that had never done that job before could go up against good DC's and run up and down the field. He's got another good DC coming in on Sunday and if the Cowboys lose, Garrett was making the calls and if they win, Moore grabbed that back from him and saved the day.

Does anyone realize how stupid all of this sounds? Garrett got jealous of Moore and took the play calling back because he didn't want to win and extend his contract? The other stupid part is that some thought Moore was just going to take the NFL by storm in his rookie season as a first time ever OC.

Before some go off buying Romo's sour grapes BS, consider the fact that the DC's and D's have a lot of effect on an OC's play calling and one with little experience can really get played. Moore was and is going to have bumps in the road, we don't know yet if he's a NFL OC or not. I used to be a Romo fan until he showed his little punkass side.

Never said JG got jealous. I think when the teams got tougher they got more conservative. If not for the 2 fumbles we pull out a win playing the conservative approach. But no way do these games look the same in the motion and playcalling.

You know as well as I do that mistakes in close games can be the difference. But sometimes being to conservative can cost you a game, how many times has JG cost us games by going conservative and the one mistake helps us lose. It’s a double edge sword.

One thing I wonder is if the first half of the fins game threw a red flag. They admitted to getting to greedy. Made some mistakes even though they pulled away against a team tanking this year. Could have had the chance to beat the skins last week and went for 2 to win instead of having to hang around and play OT.. Lol. Obvious.

I still like Romo, we all have our opinions on what happened at the end. I think JJ knew Romo couldn’t take another hit. Maybe, just maybe he used his puppet (JG in case you didn’t know who I was taking about being a puppet) to not let him compete for his starting job. It’s not like JJ isn’t a players owner. And I do think Romo don’t care for Romo. He was handcuffed to that playbook for years and had to audible quite a bit. Looking at the at Dak is getting beat up maybe JG and JJ 90’s playbook is the reason Romo got killed. It’s got to change bro.

Sorry we don’t agree. Not starting a argument it’s just my opinion. We should do shots at 10 paces. Lol.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I want to know is why. Why would you change something that’s putting 30 points a week on the board. Because the teams are getting tougher. How long would you go with your old wore out style and it don’t work before you say ok Moore do your thang again.

Yeah, I'd like some sort of an explanation for what is a very noticeable change. Everybody is seeing it, fans, broadcasters, reporters, and even the people on the Cowboys payroll.

Don't give us this 'nothing to see here!' nonsense.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like some sort of an explanation for what is a very noticeable change. Everybody is seeing it, fans, broadcasters, reporters, and even the people on the Cowboys payroll.

Don't give us this 'nothing to see here!' nonsense.
Maybe it’s a trick and now we come out this weekend with the Moore style.

smitty313

Reaction score
Romo said the offense looked like Garrett's. It's shouldn't be a news flash, it IS Garrett's. Moore is calling the plays though. I don't think Romo was in any way trying to insenuate that Garrett is controlling play calling.
Way I took it he was insinuating Garrett had his hands all over the gameplan

pgreptom

Reaction score
That's true. Romo might have just saw a play or two he recognized and assumed the Cowboys are still running the same offense as when he was there.

Romo is great as a broadcaster, but he can be just as reactionary as the rest of us.

On live TV he specifically mentioned "past three weeks". I trust Romo over Brian B, easily.. especially when you glance at Witten's snap count the last 3 weeks compared to the first three weeks.

visionary

Reaction score
Deal with it. I’ll try to come to terms with your disapproval somehow.

we don’t have to ‘deal with it’, we just have fun at your stupidity by bringing it up, LOL

at this point it is purely ‘point and laugh’

We definitely don’t want it to end because then maybe Garrett slurpies will leave once your homie is fired

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Go back and listen to what Romo said. He wasn’t attacking the offense when he said Garrett’s fingerprints are on the offense. He was crediting the head coach with an offense that was successful, the offense he put up all his stats under. Fans are twisting his comments to demean Garrett. It’s certainly fair to attack the head coach of a struggling team, but that’s not at all what Romo was doing. Listen again.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Maybe its Jerry asking for more run to justify the money he paid Zeke

Tommy

Reaction score
Go back and listen to what Romo said. He wasn’t attacking the offense when he said Garrett’s fingerprints are on the offense. He was crediting the head coach with an offense that was successful, the offense he put up all his stats under. Fans are twisting his comments to demean Garrett. It’s certainly fair to attack the head coach of a struggling team, but that’s not at all what Romo was doing. Listen again.
People are ignoring this. It doesn’t fit with what they want to believe.