Broaddus thinks the Cowboys will likely move on from Biadasz

Hardline

Reaction score
Personally I’m trading up to get one if I’m Jerry.

But we know Jerry is terrified of risk taking, so if a QB isn’t there at 24 that’s worthy then I’m going after another impact position. I’m looking at CB, DT, WR, or LB.

I’m never taking and offensive lineman in the first round. We’ve had one of the best offensive line runs ever the past decade or so and it’s led to absolutely nothing.
We haven't had the best OL. We had the most overrated.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this is very likely.

Biadasz is a PB center and we dont have a lot of cap. Actually, we have none at the moment. - $21 Million as of this AM.

He's gonna leave for FA $$$$ and we cant do anything about it.

Same deal with Tyron Smith.

So enjoy Haters.
They live in Cap la la land.
Tear him up as worthless and waste a # 1 pick is their answer.
Go get em Jerry they love the pain baby simply love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally I’m trading up to get one if I’m Jerry.

But we know Jerry is terrified of risk taking, so if a QB isn’t there at 24 that’s worthy then I’m going after another impact position. I’m looking at CB, DT, WR, or LB.

I’m never taking and offensive lineman in the first round. We’ve had one of the best offensive line runs ever the past decade or so and it’s led to absolutely nothing.
Offlineman should be taken with the 3rd and 4th rounds and be trained up.
Oops forgot that's for real NFL teams, not our circus..............
Apologies........ :facepalm:

Robster8989

Reaction score
Tyler is just okay. We can do better and cheaper
I think that is the issue.
I like TB, he's a solid, but unspectacular, player.
Probably better in the run game than in the pass game.
(I really think we need a new oline coach, schemes and RB to improve the run game).
The issue with TB is that Cowboy players tend to get overpaid in FA.
This is actually a very deep season at C in FA, that should work to keep salaries lower.
Conor Williams is a guy I would watch. He's been better at C than TB, and he's also a FA, coming off an injury. If he was a lot less $, that would represent good value.
He'd have some rapport with Zach inside IMO.
I'd bring TB back at the right price, but if some team goes nuts, we should let him go.
When he made the Pro Bowl last year I cinged a little. I was happy for him but he didn't deserve it, he is not a PB C, just a solid guy.
Agents are the issue, his agent is likely going to demand a Pro Bowl C type of contract.
He's young, so if we did resign him, we could do a long term deal to keep the first year hott low and also be able to rework the deal down the road.
I'd have no issue resigning him, at good value, partially due to continuity on the line, and also because we have other holes we need to fill, I just think the number his agent believes he's worth, and the number that would represent good value, are very far apart.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I expect this too. Need an upgrade at center, could get by with Biadasz but he wouldn’t be worth what he will likely get in free agency.

But that just means on top of DL and OT we have to have a starting center, RB and MLB.

Dilemma is the top three centers should be long gone before our 2nd round pick. After that there are one or two 3rd round caliber guys, but you run the risk of them being gone when we pick in the 3rd.

So we will likely be locked in to take OC in the first or reach for one in the 2nd/3rd.
Also means 2-3 main needs don’t get addressed in the first three rounds.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wipes tears from my face, who are we going to get to replace him with? Centers don't grow on trees.
We don't need the ones from trees hanging in the breeze.
We need to root of the tree, a solid tree trunk type player that can't be moved, but can do some moving.
:thumbup:

1942willys

Reaction score
I think this is very likely.

Biadasz is a PB center and we dont have a lot of cap. Actually, we have none at the moment. - $21 Million as of this AM.

He's gonna leave for FA $$$$ and we cant do anything about it.

Same deal with Tyron Smith.

So enjoy Haters.
Pro Bowl and a five dollar bill might get you a cup of coffee

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What did we accomplish with a “impactful” center?
What could have been accomplished if he was still here playing?
Can look at it that way as well.
That cost 2 picks because they traded up to get Biadasz. The run game would have been much better as well. Which would help the passing game more.

Then the ball control, helps the defense. You know, so they should not have been TIRED.

It is a domino effect in a way.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pro Bowl and a five dollar bill might get you a cup of coffee
$5 bill, where you getting the coffee, Starbucks. You can get the same coffee at McDonalds for $1. Heck the entire starting OL can each have a cup. :laugh:

Starbucks and McDonald's get their coffee beans from the same place.

Proof

Reaction score
“We”re a Center away from the Lombardi” - fans that like to say to other face that don’t know football lolololololol
creed humphrey seemed to really turn the tide back for the the chiefs since arriving. who are you insterested in ?

Cmac

Reaction score
That would be admitting he's the running game problem. (I don't know he's the problem, but they do need to address the problem)
.....perhaps part of it. He wasn't alone with running game problems.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Tyler B was always just a guy. Ok decent player that was barely adequate. Sums up the last 28 years really. This was a Stephen Jones pick.

tm1119

Reaction score
Fits the formula… Let a player walk to collect a comp pick and then shoe horn a high pick to fill a need. Rinse and repeat and never get any better.

I’m not saying we have to bring Biadasz back by any means, but letting him walk and replacing him with a 1st/2nd round pick doesn’t help anything. At least use the $ elsewhere or just sign a better vet C

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
For people that are delusional I will name the top 5 Centre's in the league and just stop there. You can do your own correlation to how succesful these teams are in the regular season and playoffs as much as you want to hate.

Centre is damn important. These are all in order:

KC - Creed Humprey(63rd) Rd 1 talent
PHI - Jason Kelce (191)
LAC - Corey Linsley (161)
DET - Frank Ragnow (20)
BALT - Tyler Linderbaum (25)

Consider 3 of these players first round talents, and 3 of them very young. All of these teams have extremely great running games, pass blocking and have had a deep run in the playoffs in the last 5 seasons.

Everyone except LAC. Trust me when Harb has a chance to pick another stud LT - with that line he will transform that team once again to a contender. Centre is important, and if it is top heavy it needs to be addressed. LBer as said on this board is not a premium pick, you get the best LB in rd 2 and below.