Broaddus thinks the Cowboys will likely move on from Biadasz

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well I am not wasting a first round pick on a guy that has a good chance of being the next Paxton Lynch either just because I have a bug up my butt over Dak Prescott.

You are emotional. Drafting based on emotion is a mistake.
You say “Paxton Lynch” I say “Aaron Rodgers or Jordan Love”.

You’re scared of the risk just like Jerry.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not sure they replace him with a 1st rounder......how many in the draft ( solid 1st round centers that is ).

Where is CowboyRoy??? I told him so...^^^

It's time to eat! :muttley:

IMG-20231029-190225.jpg

Hardline

Reaction score
A 1st round pick should always be on an impact position. Center is not an impact position.
Travis Frederick was an impact player. Even a center can vastly improve the team. That being said the Oregon center is the only one I would take at 24.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
There are two, max, potential 1st round centers.

One from Duke and one from Oregon (Jackson Powers-Johnson). Powers-Johnson being the better of the two imo as he won the Remington award. I’m no expert though.

For those wondering, LB is thin for first round talent also, particularly in the middle
There are a some good centers in this draft, and some IOL that have versatility to play multiple positions including center.

Fuaga (sp, OrgSt) is awesome, and can play all 5 oLine positions.

There's several other Guard/center types that will be good and available with Day 2 ornhigh Day 3 picks too.

Good year to find a new iOL, and many can play guard OR center

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What did we accomplish with any impactful player on the Cowboys in the last 28 years?
We’ve not had 1 in the position that matters most.

However you can take the best center in the NFL and put him on the worst team in the NFL and they’re still the worst team in the NFL.

Hardline

Reaction score
We’ve not had 1 in the position that matters most.

However you can take the best center in the NFL and put him on the worst team in the NFL and they’re still the worst team in the NFL.
Other than QB. You can say that about any position group. I'm 100% with you about drafting a QB in the first round but I am also a realist.
Bo Nix and J.J.McCarthy could very easily be off the board at 24. Then what QB are you looking at?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Other than QB. You can say that about any position group. I'm 100% with you about drafting a QB in the first round but I am also a realist.
Bo Nix and J.J.McCarthy could very easily be off the board at 24. Then what QB are you looking at?
Personally I’m trading up to get one if I’m Jerry.

But we know Jerry is terrified of risk taking, so if a QB isn’t there at 24 that’s worthy then I’m going after another impact position. I’m looking at CB, DT, WR, or LB.

I’m never taking and offensive lineman in the first round. We’ve had one of the best offensive line runs ever the past decade or so and it’s led to absolutely nothing.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Not sure they replace him with a 1st rounder......how many in the draft ( solid 1st round centers that is ).

I think this is very likely.

Biadasz is a PB center and we dont have a lot of cap. Actually, we have none at the moment. - $21 Million as of this AM.

He's gonna leave for FA $$$$ and we cant do anything about it.

Same deal with Tyron Smith.

So enjoy Haters.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Keep wasting # 1 picks on non-playmakers offline man to keep safe a glue factory horse QB who has produced nothing and the dream that a new Zeke(Running game) can save our offense.
Same old same old and dont forget this is our year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. He's leaving as we can't afford him...........

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Connor Williams, two-year $14 million contract only half of it was guaranteed. That means you can cut the guy and only get hit about 3 million on the cap. That feels like chump change to me when the cap is near $200 million. Again, I don’t think that Biadasz is a great talent but I do think he is steady. You don’t know what you have at center until you lose it. Until the talent is locked, I wouldn’t take those kind of chances wit’s the left tackle and right guard just a day away from retirement and who knows about our RT. Center IMO is 2nd most important position after left tackle on the line. I would argue that Troy Aikman‘s career started going down very quickly when he lost Stepnoski and Donaldson.
My man this has nothing to do with Biadasz at all or reality.
1st, CWill got every penny of that 14M and is again a FA. But he was a benched player entering the market.
2nd, Biadasz isn't performing a position change.
He's a mid-level starter ranked 15th by PFF at the position. At 26-27 years old.
Hia valuation is 6-7M pr year on a 4-year deal with a little over half that number GTD.
BUT teams often surpass the valuations to get guys over the line and signed.
He could easily get 35 mil over 5 years with 20M guaranteed in this OL starved league.

With Bass in house, they can save 5M a year on an overpriced OLine.