Broaddus thinks the Cowboys will likely move on from Biadasz

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not sure they replace him with a 1st rounder......how many in the draft ( solid 1st round centers that is ).

There are apparently a couple, which could make that our top target. We'll see what the approach is. The Cowboys will probably try to sell in free agency that they are OK with Hoffman and converting Bass, and then draft a center early.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He’s gonna make a lot of FA $$$$

Tyron too.
and thats business. Good for those guys. But in the end, its about getting better as a team, and we must. That means making hard decisions, all loyalty aside. Can't mix loyalty and business. Id move Tyler Smith to LT and leave him there if Tyron is gone. Id start Bass at LG..leave him there. Zack Martin might be trade bait if we think we can draft a guy or plug in Hoffman at RG. I can see a scenario where we have 3 brand new starters on the line.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No shocker if they move on from Biadasz. They let McGovern and Williams go and I think they are all about the same talent.

Keep in mind, even if they don't get the C they want in the draft, I can see them giving Brock Hoffman a chance to start. With another year under his belt I don't know that he would be significantly worse than Biadasz.
I liked what little I saw of Brock.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They need to upgrade the spot no doubt, BUT that entire run game needs an overhaul. Oline coach, run blocking scheme and the backs.
I couldn’t agree more. We’ve lost our physicality in the running game.

These ‘elite’ linemen have grown soft, given their reputation and all of their ‘veteran days’ and treatment.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Philly will likely not. They have two center candidates on the roster already - Jurgens and Dickerson.
I’m not so sure. I think they like at least one (Dickerson) and possibly both where they are now.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Cowboys #1 draft pick to fix the defensive line
rotating_turnstile_gate---00.jpg

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I couldn’t agree more. We’ve lost our physicality in the running game.

These ‘elite’ linemen have grown soft, given their reputation and all of their ‘veteran days’ and treatment.
Is it the players? Or was it the coaching and scheme? Also Pollard admitted he wasn't right until the 11th game this year. Bunch of scrubs behind him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Imagine using a 1st round pick on a center.

Yup.

Centers really put teams over the hump, huh? Y’all remember Fredrick being a perineal all-pro and winning what? 1 Wild Card game in his career?
I don't think you can win this one broheme.

Teams value Centers for a reason.

They were able to get TB on the cheap with a 4th round pick. Now he's gonna cash out. I dont blame him.

it sucks, because we don't have anyone that can play at his level.

our LT too.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
There are two, max, potential 1st round centers.

One from Duke and one from Oregon (Jackson Powers-Johnson). Powers-Johnson being the better of the two imo as he won the Remington award. I’m no expert though.

For those wondering, LB is thin for first round talent also, particularly in the middle
If Jackson Powers-Johnson is available at 22 the Eagles are all over him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it the players? Or was it the coaching and scheme? Also Pollard admitted he wasn't right until the 11th game this year. Bunch of scrubs behind him.
It’s all opinion, but by mine the players have continued to become less physical. They don’t impose their will nearly as much as they had in the past, back when Zeke was leading the league in rushing.

2023 was a new low, but they’ve been trending downward in that area for several years now.

rambo2

Reaction score
Sign him with what?

Our Cap is jacked.
They will be able to sign some players after they create space. They are likely to sign a linebacker and dtackle. They likely let the center walk and draft a better center.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
There are apparently a couple, which could make that our top target. We'll see what the approach is. The Cowboys will probably try to sell in free agency that they are OK with Hoffman and converting Bass, and then draft a center early.
They need RB1,LB1, and LB2.

Likely C1 and LT1.