Broaddus thinks the Cowboys will likely move on from Biadasz

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A 1st round pick should always be on an impact position. Center is not an impact position.
Center is one of the most important positions on the Oline and certainly on Offense, but I agree it does not need to be addressed in the 1st or 2nd round.

Here is one Center who is very good and should be available around the 4th+ rounds:

#55 Matt Lee, C/G, Miami
Height: 6-4. Weight: 295.
Projected 40 Time: 5.20.
Projected Round (2024): 4-6.

2/10/24: Lee spent four seasons at Central Florida before transferring to Miami. He has quality size and is a well-rounded blocker. He was very good in pass protection and a solid run blocker for the Knights. That trend continued in 2023 for Miami. Lee receiand an invitation to the Shrine Bowl.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Keep wasting # 1 picks on non-playmakers offline man to keep safe a glue factory horse QB who has produced nothing and the dream that a new Zeke(Running game) can save our offense.
Same old same old and dont forget this is our year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. He's leaving as we can't afford him...........
Which is exactly what you're doing, genius.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I couldn’t agree more. We’ve lost our physicality in the running game.

These ‘elite’ linemen have grown soft, given their reputation and all of their ‘veteran days’ and treatment.
I have to think its the scheme. I mean, bad center or not Smith and Martin are quality guards yet its so rare for the RB to get more than 2 yards before contact in this offense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which is exactly what you're doing, genius.
Mr. Pesonality is back hmmmmm....
Well since 2016 been pretty much spot on concerning my observations on the Cowboys esp their inept offensive situation.
The same cannot be said for the Cowboys F/O.............

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m not so sure. I think they like at least one (Dickerson) and possibly both where they are now.
Jurgens is the heir apparent. It's been pretty well reported up here. If they go OL early in this draft, it's likely for an OT. There's been chatter Lane Johnson might be thinking of retiring after this coming season. And with their massive holes on defense, they'd likely go CB or DE before a C.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Center is one of the most important positions on the Oline and certainly on Offense, but I agree it does not need to be addressed in the 1st or 2nd round.

Here is one Center who is very good and should be available around the 4th+ rounds:

#55 Matt Lee, C/G, Miami
Height: 6-4. Weight: 295.
Projected 40 Time: 5.20.
Projected Round (2024): 4-6.

2/10/24: Lee spent four seasons at Central Florida before transferring to Miami. He has quality size and is a well-rounded blocker. He was very good in pass protection and a solid run blocker for the Knights. That trend continued in 2023 for Miami. Lee receiand an invitation to the Shrine Bowl.

Goodie, we get more offlineman to waste away their careers in Dallas!!!! :banghead:

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Mr. Pesonality is back hmmmmm....
Well since 2016 been pretty much spot on concerning my observations on the Cowboys esp their inept offensive situation.
The same cannot be said for the Cowboys F/O.............
Well my apologies then. I didn't realize that none of the Superbowl winners had an O-Lineman drafted in the 1st round.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There are two, max, potential 1st round centers.

One from Duke and one from Oregon (Jackson Powers-Johnson). Powers-Johnson being the better of the two imo as he won the Remington award. I’m no expert though.

For those wondering, LB is thin for first round talent also, particularly in the middle
Thx,,, I'm guessing quality FA centers are scarce, linebackers should be easier to acquire.

conner01

Reaction score
There are two, max, potential 1st round centers.

One from Duke and one from Oregon (Jackson Powers-Johnson). Powers-Johnson being the better of the two imo as he won the Remington award. I’m no expert though.

For those wondering, LB is thin for first round talent also, particularly in the middle
Zach Frazier VT is a pretty good center too. Johnson likely is gone when we pick

conner01

Reaction score
That's fine i'd also say we trade down, and get a guy in the early 2nd earn some more picks!!
I still remember trading down to target a center only to have a team trade up in front of us and take him. If Johnson is there at 24 I’d take him though I don’t think he will be

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I still remember trading down to target a center only to have a team trade up in front of us and take him. If Johnson is there at 24 I’d take him though I don’t think he will be
good if he isn't really trade back!! lol