Broaddus: Trade Rumor

DFWJC

Reaction score
All it takes is a couple of preseason games to turn a strength into a weakness, so don't expect any trades anytime soon.

Thinking the same thing.
If anything, wait until later in the preseason.
If anything at all

visionary

Reaction score
I am not going to slam Caiborne, but if someone is offering a draft pick, we should probably take it. I hope he does turn it completely around, but either way I can't see us keeping him after this season.

Normally I would agree but with romos shelf life and this team I'm thinking this season and not 'after this season '

robjay04

Reaction score
100% not me. At last a dozen more on this forum as well.

Brockers or Coples
Plus
Alson Jeffery or Bobby Wagner

Would have been outstanding

Old news though

Would have been outstanding without a doubt but like you said old news. It was good value at the time considering what other teams have paid to move up that high and Clairborne was drafted at where most teams thought he would go. It wasn't completely neccessary thinking back, almost overload. I don't feel like googling but I believe we just signed Carr, let Newman go but we still had Scandrick and Jenkins. While Jenkins wasn't great, he has had a heck of a better career than Claiborne at this point.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I joined the pet cat club last year after seeing Tyler Patmon ball out in the preseason.

A little part of me might die if they trade him.

I think they would have to pry Tyler Patmon from Marinelli's cold dead hands to make that trade. It was all speculation by Broaddus anyway.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would trade Claiborne before Patmon. This is a walk year for Claiborne and just the fact of being a former 6th overall pick he should have much more value then Patmon to a team in need of CB's.

Patmon is playing himself into a role on the defense, and we control his contract at a UDFA rate for 3 more years. Im not really interested in trading him, even if Claiborne is the better CB right now

Garrettop

Reaction score
I was never sold on Wilcox. He appeared to have the ability to hit, but his coverage skills left a lot to be desired. He would be ok depth behind Church.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They better not trade Patmon away... that guy is going to be a good player.

Claiborne? I would mind way less with him. Patmon has the exact mental make-up Dallas wants on their team.
Also factor in its a walk year for Claiborne. Even if he turns to corner it doesnt sting because we either would have let him walk or had to make a somewhat blind financial commitment to him.

We control Patmons rights for 3 more seasons at a UDFA rate

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wilcox has had a tough camp so far. I wouldnt be shocked to see Cory White at FS before midseason

I want to see what Byron Jones really does. I bet Coach Marinelli has some defensive packages that he can use to switch all kinds of players around. The same with the dline.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
DB's are irrelevant....lol

In the top 10 of a draft? They pretty much are.

It is a hard position to evaluate and unless a player is Deion Sanders, you simply do not take one in that area.

Wait a minute, this braintrust thought Claiborne was the next Deion.

Alexander

Reaction score
I was never sold on Wilcox. He appeared to have the ability to hit, but his coverage skills left a lot to be desired. He would be ok depth behind Church.

He is what he is. A running back struggling to learn how to play safety and it is not coming together.

Instinctually, he is not a lot different now than he was as a rookie.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A 3rd round pick for an RB... That better be a top 10 NFL RB.

Who are some elite RB's with low contracts?

I wouldnt say elite but Tre Mason, Carlos Hyde and Gio Bernard are the only guys that really come to mind if they are talking about a 3rd rounder. Unless for some reason the Bengals are interested in moving Hill which I doubt

Alexander

Reaction score
I wouldnt say elite but Tre Mason, Carlos Hyde and Gio Bernard are the only guys that really come to mind if they are talking about a 3rd rounder. Unless for some reason the Bengals are interested in moving Hill which I doubt

I don't think the Niners are interested in moving Hyde either. Mason might be available, but that depends on Gurley.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In the top 10 of a draft? They pretty much are.

It is a hard position to evaluate and unless a player is Deion Sanders, you simply do not take one in that area.

Wait a minute, this braintrust thought Claiborne was the next Deion.

Your right...but, maybe, just maybe the man will pan out. If not a Deion...I at least hope he earns his money somewhere on the team this season!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think the Niners are interested in moving Hyde either. Mason might be available, but that depends on Gurley.

Ive heard Gurley is already healthy and looking good in TC.

Hyde, given that they added Bush and Mike Davis and still have Kendall Hunter and they fact that basically got nuked in the offseason, they may be interested in moving Hyde for a day 2 pick. If they really are talking about a 3rd rounder, they 49ers may be listening given how there offseason has gone

DFWJC

Reaction score

I like all four of those backs.
But Hyde is the SF starter.
Also see zero scenario where the Bengals part with Hill. That'd be like us parting with Lawrence....teams don't dump young, rising, talented players still early in rookie contracts

Mason is intriguing.