Broadus thinks Vander Esch will be the pick

DiResta

Reaction score
Esch is my cat obviously but only because theres zero chance of Edmunds
with Marinellis prototypical linemen is it fair to say a smaller guy like Roquan would be a bad fit?
watched this earlier and while this is just opinion it does make sense

VanderEsch could easily go 265 and be a force in the middle

hendog86

Reaction score
I don't know alot about him other than reading some comparisons to Jack Lambert of the Steelers and Urlacker of the Bears. They said that kind of upside. Hes 6'4 and 240 and has room to get much bigger and stronger. Ideal for a MLB.
He was 6'4 256 lbs at the combine and had some really good numbers for someone that size. 4.65 40 and 6.88 3 cone.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Esch is my cat obviously but only because theres zero chance of Edmunds
with Marinellis prototypical linemen is it fair to say a smaller guy like Roquan would be a bad fit?
watched this earlier and while this is just opinion it does make sense

VanderEsch could easily go 265 and be a force in the middle

I wouldn't be surprised if Edmunds drops more than expected. He's raw and undeveloped at age 19, and that always comes with risk. Teams don't want to miss on their top 15 picks, so if he falls into the late teens, I wouldn't be surprised.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Edmunds drops more than expected. He's raw and undeveloped at age 19, and that always comes with risk. Teams don't want to miss on their top 15 picks, so if he falls into the late teens, I wouldn't be surprised.

Hope he falls right to us...love this kid. Quite a few picks I'd be happy with...LVE being one, Hernandez being another.
Just please NO WR.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Not sure where I fall on this. I like Evans more.

But clearly Vander Esch has raw skills but I am not sure I want that risk at 19.

Living here in Boise, I would love to see LVE in a Cowboys uniform and think he will be a really good LB in the NFL.
Watching him play this last year. I kept thinking to myself that I was seeing a young Sean Lee on the field.
Having said that, I don’t know that I want him at #19. If they could move back a few spots, grab an additional 3rd, I’d be all for grabbing him in the 1st.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
His background and how fast he has learned the position and done well with such little EXP at it is impressive. Some may think he is the type that is at his ceiling already, I think he has a ways to go.

19 seems high to me for him but if their board is shot, if they don't feel like they want to take one of the OGs there or DTs...They may want to go with a LB since it seems to be the weakest group in this draft...similar to how they went Taco last year as DE was the weakest group.
I'm onboard with this #1 choice, at least the FO is onboard with acknowledging the #1 position that almost overwhelmingly dictates whether games end in a win or a loss,,,exhibit A-Z,,,games with/without #50,,,o_O

dcstar

Reaction score
What I see is the potential of another Brad Van Pelt. But what do I know.

Go Cowboys!

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Yeah 2 spots. Pitt would trade up.for him. Take the player Evans or LVE.

The more I think about it, I’m thinking you’re probably right.
Move back more than 2-3 spots and watch Pittsburgh move ahead to grab him.
I really want that extra 3rd though

DiResta

Reaction score
Yeah 2 spots. Pitt would trade up.for him. Take the player Evans or LVE.
Pitt might like Evans better or feel that either of the 2 that is available @28 is better than giving up another pick

Johnny23

Reaction score
The more I think about it, I’m thinking you’re probably right.
Move back more than 2-3 spots and watch Pittsburgh move ahead to grab him.
I really want that extra 3rd though
Yep it's something that I have been thinking about it before the combine. I thought about how he was going to have a good combine showing his athleticism. Now I think if he makes past the linebacker starved picks: Oakland ,Miami,Cinci,Green Bay and at 19 we would be silly not to think about taking him. It's an good honest pick that hives us a starter and guy who hasn't finished developing aa a player. I would love for him to be at 21-23 but would someone being trading up FOR him.

I am wanting an extra 3rd but worried about losing a talented player who happens to be a position of needs.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Pitt might like Evans better or feel that either of the 2 that is available @28 is better than giving up another pick
Possibly. We seem to like both guys as well and rightly so both studs.