Broadus thinks Vander Esch will be the pick

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I don't know alot about him other than reading some comparisons to Jack Lambert of the Steelers and Urlacker of the Bears. They said that kind of upside. Hes 6'4 and 240 and has room to get much bigger and stronger. Ideal for a MLB.

He was 256 at the Combine and still ran a 4.6.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Neither Vander Esch or Evans is as good as this LB.

No one is talking about Matthew Adams. The Titans have recently met with him. Someone is going to get a steal. Cowboys would be making a big mistake picking Vander Esch or Evans over Adams.

The 2017 Freaks List: The top 40 workout warriors in college football

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/07/05/freaks-list-workout-warriors-2017

31. Matthew Adams, LB, Houston

GEORGE BRIDGES/AP
The Cougars had two very good options here: DT Ed Oliver and Adams, their 6’1”, 234-pound inside linebacker who led the team with 82 tackles last season. Adams benches 405 pounds, squats 605 and cleans 375. He also can vertical jump 36 inches. All that power lends itself to some pretty hefty collisions, including this one on Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield last season in Houston’s win over the Sooners.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
This is just like last year but instead of corners they've pigeon holed themselves into having to have linebackers.

I like Rashaan Evans. I think he'll be a BA where ever he goes.
They didn’t pigeon hole themselves last year. It was strategically planned. We had CB’s with expiring contracts and a draft loaded with CB talent. Our front office’s plan worked beautifully last year. You got Awuzie, Lewis and Woods on rookie contracts. More talented secondary at a lesser cost.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
They didn’t pigeon hole themselves last year. It was strategically planned. We had CB’s with expiring contracts and a draft loaded with CB talent. Our front office’s plan worked beautifully last year. You got Awuzie, Lewis and Woods on rookie contracts. More talented secondary at a lesser cost.

I absolutely love our new CBs. They made more hits and plays on the ball in 1 year than Mo and Carr made in 5.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Listening to the draft show they were talking about Evans and he said after talking to some of the Cowboys guys that he thinks he'll be the pick.

I guess they have some private workouts set up for him as well.

I’ll be ****** pissed if he’s taken at 19.

RS12

Reaction score
Havent hear much about his coverage ability?

Bizwah

Reaction score
LV certainly has the measureables. 6-4 260...runs a 4.6...has a 39.5 inch vertical. I get nervous about players that have one year of production. Maybe the light came on. Maybe it was a fluke.

That Matthew Adams video was fun to watch. I wonder why he didn't go to the combine?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think he has beast written all over him and when he had the combine he had he said solidified himself as a first rounder.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think he has beast written all over him and when he had the combine he had he said solidified himself as a first rounder.

Marinelli might see him as Urlacher. They are about the same size. Last time we had someone this size, Rolondo, our defense changed. Not sure he's that kind of player yet.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Personally I don’t risk him at #19, rather Evans if they want a lb.

This kid has talent, just would rather someone else roll the dice on him.

CapnB

Reaction score
Broaddus did a mock and thats who he would choose. Thats not who he thinks will be the pick. Thats who he would pick with what was on the board of their mock

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Honestly...I'll be shocked if he gets past Green Bay...But if he's the pick...count your blessings. Kid is gonna be a stud. He is just scratching the surface how great he can be. He is so green. In all honesty...he should have come back to school for one more year...but I'll live w/ the growing pains knowing he can be a special player.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

Evans played mlb 1 year more than LVE. This notion that he’s so much more seasoned is false and I like Evans. But for a Tampa 2 why not get a rangy linebacker? Evans is a thumper moreso than rangy. And LVE has played in big games and performed. He was the MVP of his conferences championship. He’s not some project who we’ve never seen play like Rico lol

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

LOL...Rashaan Evans LB Alabama

There are 4 or 5 guys in the draft every year w/ his measurables. Vander Esch doesn't grow on trees you know....6'4 250lb...LBer w/ 4.6 speed...Hell those are top 10 numbers.

Just look...

Rolando McClain was selected by the Oakland Raiders with the eighth overall pick in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolando_McClain

Now look @ Vander Esch's

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/leighton-vander esch?id=2560232

Vander Esch has got McClain beat in every catagory except BP...and that's only four reps. I can live w/ that.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Sigh...Floaty is going to be unbearable, but...**** it, LVE would probably be a great pick for us. I mean, we *just* got rid of Kellen Moore, bring him back as a coach and then this?