Broadus thinks Vander Esch will be the pick

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Definately not my first choice, but if we got wiped out - I dont think I would have a problem with it.
Imagine a 256 # MLB with coverage skills. It would change our stratigy for sure. Now if they did that, then came back in say round 3 or 4 and grabbed a big stout 1-tech. Now we have shored up that middle ! Wouldnt be terrible.
As far as Broaddus, its probably our scouts doing "what if" senarios. And he heard about it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
still don't think we pass Ridley at 19 if he is on the board....but if he is gone.
and with all the chatter about Collins going back to OG...especially with Fleming now in house at OT.....LB is a MAJOR need.....and LVE may have clear sailin' to 19.

rags747

Reaction score
Can anyone photoshop LVE in a Cowboys uniform? I think he would look like a monster at that size.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
The guy was productive and put on a show at the combine.

I know there is a Bobby Carpenter comparison floating around but I just don't see it. Carpenter was anti-physical.
gee I wonder why people would compare him to Carpenter, hmmmmm, what might be the connection?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
While I don't mind the pick if that's where we're going, how confident are we in Broadus's sources?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think its because both have the letter E in their names.
Capn, it's more because they play the same. Ick. Don't fall for the hype, Cowboys. Already wasted a costly 1st round pick on an overhyped barbie doll once before. Learn from the past.

CapnB

Reaction score
Capn, it's more because they play the same. Ick. Don't fall for the hype, Cowboys. Already wasted a costly 1st round pick on an overhyped barbie doll once before. Learn from the past.

Do they really? I thought it was because they were white and both played LB, lol. Actually, I heard he was way more physical and a better all-around athlete But I havent studied, and I mean really studied players in the past couple of drafts.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Do they really? I thought it was because they were white and both played LB, lol. Actually, I heard he was way more physical and a better all-around athlete But I havent studied, and I mean really studied players in the past couple of drafts.
He hasn’t studied either. He just posts videos that he didn’t even watch and throws stuff against the wall. The video didn’t back up anything he said lol

DiResta

Reaction score
Meh. Who still wants LB Leighton Vander Esch with a 1st round pick? :thumbdown:

if you are referring to him getting turned around on a couple of plays or hooked inside
i guess you havent watched top 10 pick Roquan Smith get ragdolled

i will say in this draft the position is overhyped but he has great upside and if Dallas wants him they will probably have to do it at 19.
i see you posted this video several times calling him Barbie doll
thats just silly
i see guards pulling and momentum stops when they try to block him
he can be coached to keep his head up more and use his 33+" arm length to keep them from getting into his chest
he flashes inside but needs more control
dude is strong and will get better

theres plenty of bad film on Evans or Edmunds too if you look

the upside for Esch is very high

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He hasn’t studied either. He just posts videos that he didn’t even watch and throws stuff against the wall. The video didn’t back up anything he said lol
Now you are talking out of your backside. Sorry that the film shows your boy to look lame. I guess you like barbie dolls? *please continue with the lovefest* It's ok.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
if you are referring to him getting turned around on a couple of plays or hooked inside
i guess you havent watched top 10 pick Roquan Smith get ragdolled

i will say in this draft the position is overhyped but he has great upside and if Dallas wants him they will probably have to do it at 19.
i see you posted this video several times calling him Barbie doll
thats just silly
i see guards pulling and momentum stops when they try to block him
he can be coached to keep his head up more and use his 33+" arm length to keep them from getting into his chest
he flashes inside but needs more control
dude is strong and will get better

theres plenty of bad film on Evans or Edmunds too if you look

the upside for Esch is very high
I could give a rat's behind about Roquan Smith. The dude gets pancaked by opposing Olinemen in between the Tackles. Evans and Edmunds have their weak spots, too, even though Edmunds is very talented. As for you stating that Vander Esch is strong? You call benching #225 20 times is strong for a MLB? Heck, even 6'6" TE Mike Gesicki benched more with 22 reps and ran the 40 much faster (4.54) compared to LVE (4.65). How is LVE going to handle/cover a stronger and faster TE?

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I could give a rat's behind about Roquan Smith. The dude gets pancaked by opposing Olinemen in between the Tackles. Evans and Edmunds have their weak spots, too, even though Edmunds is very talented. As for you stating that Vander Esch is strong? You call benching #225 20 times is strong for a MLB? Heck, even 6'6" TE Mike Gesicki benched more with 22 reps and ran the 40 much faster (4.54) compared to LVE (4.65). How is LVE going to handle/cover a stronger and faster TE?

I can already tell you’ll be one of those (fans) that will root against LVE because you don’t like him :facepalm: