Brock Lesnar returns to WWE.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Brock looked like somebody has been slapping him around. He had bruises & scratches on his face. It should be against the law for that man to be within 100 yards of an open mic. He's just awful on it.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
WWE Hall of Famer Edge was brought to Detroit, Michigan for last night’s WWE RAW Supershow so he and company officials could negotiate his new contract.

As noted before, WWE had previously offered Edge a new contract and were upset that the news leaked about his deal coming to an end. Word going around is that WWE tried to lowball Edge on the new contract they offered him before he came to Detroit this week. No word yet on how negotiations went last night.

To get an idea of how bad WWE tried low-balling Edge, Shawn Michaels makes around $300,000 a year under his contract with WWE and Mick Foley makes a “little less.” It’s said that Edge wasn’t even offered close to what Foley makes.

I thought I just pulled the numbers out of my butt? :laugh1: Sounds like 150-200k to me.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4521771 said:
I thought I just pulled the numbers out of my butt? :laugh1: Sounds like 150-200k to me.

Did you write that? Or are you gonna give me a link to something legitimate?

Or is that the gossip you originally pulled out of your butt?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4521771 said:

I don't see how he could be offended even if it was 200,000 and they make more.

There's a huge difference between them and Edge.

If the WWE wanted them to put on a few matches at some point, under those terms, HBK and Foley could do that.

Edge couldn't.

Obviously he would get significantly less based on that fact alone.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4522073 said:
Pretty much every wrestling news site reported it, originally reported by PWINSIDER on Elite audio on Monday night.

So its gossip with nothing to back it up ...... same as he Edge and Jericho are headed to TNA, and Punk is leaving the WWE for realz!!!!

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
WWE made Edge an international wrestling icon & I'm sure they can reach a compromise that will work for both. I love the guy.

And on a RAW related note; even though I am tired of the story I thought Punk was great in the segment last nite with the cops. It went on forever but that guy is money. Jericho was great last nite too.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4522131 said:
So its gossip with nothing to back it up ...... same as he Edge and Jericho are headed to TNA, and Punk is leaving the WWE for realz!!!!

PWInsider is the equilivent of Adam Schefter to the Wrestling News world. They broke the news his contract is expiring, never said he was going to TNA. WrestlingObserver reported Jericho was going to TNA last year, not PWInsider and every single site reported that Punk was leaving WWE... because he was, then he resigned 3 months later.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Ok I'm confused. I heard & believed that the whole Punk leaving last year was nothing more than an orchestrated work.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4523205 said:
Ok I'm confused. I heard & believed that the whole Punk leaving last year was nothing more than an orchestrated work.

It was.

There are just some people who refuse to admit that they were wrong and their precious news site was wrong and worked right along with them.

Instead of admitting the wrong the argument was changed to "Well he was leaving but they resigned him. But he was for sure leaving when I posted it."

Good kid. He just has zero ability to admit he, and PWI, were duped.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4523313 said:
It was.

There are just some people who refuse to admit that they were wrong and their precious news site was wrong and worked right along with them.

Instead of admitting the wrong the argument was changed to "Well he was leaving but they resigned him. But he was for sure leaving when I posted it."

Ah. thanks. I was sure it was a total work but the posts here confused me. Not hard to do BTW. They picked the perfect guy to do that with. He's amazingly good at the promos & such.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4523313 said:
It was.

He signed a 5 year contract when he went to WWE. It was up in July 2011. When he resigned can be disputed, if he ever truly intended to leave can be disputed, but the fact that his contract was set to expire in July 2011 can not be. I still believe he intended to leave due to the fact he was being buried and in nothing of note for months and then sometime in May/June creative came to him with the idea of doing the shoot style ripoff storyline of the Summer of Punk angle in Ring of Honor and he resigned to do it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4523719 said:
He signed a 5 year contract when he went to WWE. It was up in July 2011. When he resigned can be disputed, if he ever truly intended to leave can be disputed, but the fact that his contract was set to expire in July 2011 can not be. I still believe he intended to leave due to the fact he was being buried and in nothing of note for months and then sometime in May/June creative came to him with the idea of doing the shoot style ripoff storyline of the Summer of Punk angle in Ring of Honor and he resigned to do it.

So basically this is your way of once again side stepping the fact that you claimed it as fact, and a done deal, that his deal would expire and he would leave the WWE.

The fact that he resigned before the deal expired, and yes it's clear he did because they would have never put the title on him if they didn't have him resigned during that time. He wasn't working shows on good faith, as champion, while working on the deal.

This is yet another back track and attempt to get around the fact that you claimed something, because you take PWI as gospel, that wasn't the case so now you're trying to pick out small parts of it that were true, like he signed a 5 year deal and it was set to expire in July if he didn't resign, as some way of not being wrong?

It's ok man. You don't have to try to hide it anymore. Everyone knows you were fooled, and wrong, and that happens. Happens to the best of wrestling fans. You got sucked in and that's a good thing actually. It means the angle did exactly what it was intended to do. Fool some people.

I don't see why you're so hell bent on find any shred of anything to try and make it look you weren't wrong.

You realise that being wrong on that doesn't make you a bad wrestling fan right?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Oh and back on topic...I actually didn't think Brock was that bad Monday night. He stumbled some, obviously, but I thought he did pretty well and I actually do like that they're keeping him in more of a role that he can pull off easier than pretty much any other role.

I'm glad to see him back. I think he'll be good for the WWE for the year he's here. HOpefully he decides he enjoys it and stays longer than a year.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I feel just the opposite about Brock. I hope this is one and done. I just don't care for him on there. I feel sorry for him on a personal level that he was so sick and all that but on there ugh! Although I have to say I would love to see Taker whip his *** at WM if it came to them being put together. I have heard Taker really doesn't like the guy but don't know if that is really true or just message board nonsense.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4525172 said:
I feel just the opposite about Brock. I hope this is one and done. I just don't care for him on there. I feel sorry for him on a personal level that he was so sick and all that but on there ugh! Although I have to say I would love to see Taker whip his *** at WM if it came to them being put together. I have heard Taker really doesn't like the guy but don't know if that is really true or just message board nonsense.

Actually it's my understanding that him and Taker have a very good respect for one another. Taker is a big MMA fan and went to some of Lesnars fights to watch him.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4525184 said:
Actually it's my understanding that him and Taker have a very good respect for one another. Taker is a big MMA fan and went to some of Lesnars fights to watch him.

There is a YouTube video of Taker at one of his fights and they had words when Brock was leaving the ring. Not friendly words either but as I said I don't know if that is for the camera or there is some problem there. Who knows? I'll be the first one to admit I am not always sure who is buddy buddy or what is for show. My wresting knowledge is not nearly the scope of most of you guys on here.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BoysFan4ever;4525198 said:
There is a YouTube video of Taker at one of his fights and they had words when Brock was leaving the ring. Not friendly words either but as I said I don't know if that is for the camera or there is some problem there. Who knows? I'll be the first one to admit I am not always sure who is buddy buddy or what is for show. My wresting knowledge is not nearly the scope of most of you guys on here.

That was a work ..... they are friends

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I like the fact that they're at least allowing Lesnar to be the badarse he was brought into be by easing up a bit on the PG crap and letting him be a little more edgy with his comments. I hope he sticks around longer than a year, as well. The WWE needs more guys like him and less guys like friggin Metro Miz.