Brock Lesnar returns to WWE.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Following the Extreme Rules PPV on Sunday, there was a huge backstage blow-up involving Brock Lesnar.
According to several sources, Lesnar lost it on a number of WWE officials and began ripping apart a dressing room, upset over the John Cena promo that closed the PPV.

The original plan was for Cena, despite winning, to be so beaten that he was carried out of the building, leaving an opening for Lesnar to brag that while he had lost the battle on a fluke, he had won the war.

When Cena decided to address the audience, Lesnar perceived it as Cena double crossing him and lost in on WWE officials. It's not yet known how they calmed him down, but tonight's angle with HHH was planned in advance as a way to remove Lesnar from TV.

Sources within the company have indicated that Lesnar's current deal only requires him to work two dates minimum per month.

http://pwinsider.com/article/68064/-big-backstage-blowup-at-extreme-rules-ppv.html?p=1

Sounds like Cena ad-libbed and cut that promo which Lesnar was not happy about.

When more information comes out I will post it.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Additional Deatils

- As seen on RAW last night, WWE temporarily wrote Brock Lesnar out of the storylines by having his contract status "up in the air" following the attack on Triple H in the opener. WWE's announcers stressed that Lesnar's future is in doubt with the company. WWE only has Lesnar for several dates per month and will have to come up with creative ways to keep him in and out of the storylines.

We noted earlier that Brock Lesnar had a meltdown backstage after his loss to John Cena at Extreme Rules. Lesnar was upset about Cena's post-match promo because the original plan had Cena getting stretchered out. Lesnar felt that he was made to look weak and WWE officials double crossed him.

F4Wonline.com reports that WWE's new mentality with Lesnar is that they're paying a lot of money for a guy who is not their top guy, so he should be used when he can to put over their top talents. People in Lesnar's camp were feeling like WWE was just testing Lesnar by having Cena cut the post-match speech.

Brock was told before the Extreme Rules match that Cena would go out on a stretcher and look totally incapacitated and be injured. Lesnar went nuts backstage in front of everyone, tearing things up and throwing a tantrum. Lesnar specifically yelled at Marc Carano, the assistant to John Laurinaitis, about how things are a mess and everything is wrong in WWE. Some felt that part of the tantrum was just an act by Lesnar to show to the locker room that he could quit at any minute. Some of those same people felt that WWE officials could have been involved in Lesnar trying to work the other talents.

Lesnar also suggested that Cena intentionally pulled down the top rope at Extreme Rules, causing him to nearly blow out his knee in the bad spot towards the end of the match where they both tumbled over to the floor. Again, most believe that there is no real heat between Cena and Lesnar over this and this also could have been part of an act by Lesnar.

Despite what's an act and what's part of the TV storylines, sources insist that Lesnar's status and future with WWE is a sticky situation. While Lesnar vs. Triple H is in the works for SummerSlam, some in the company are already predicting that he will end up working the remaining big pay-per-view events of 2012, Royal Rumble 2013 and then WrestleMania 29 before being done with the company.

Another report. I am with Lesnar. They should have had Cena stretchered out following the match and if they did just lie to Lesnar to see how he would react that is quite busch-league. I guess we are looking at Lesnar/HHH at SummerSlam and than Lesnar/Orton at Survivor Series, I would then assume Lesnar v Rock at Mania.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I will be glad when Barrett comes back. They could use him right about now. HHH was very good last night. I wish he was still wrestling every week. Hope Brock is off for a few weeks. I won't miss his ugly mug.

Ren

Reaction score
zrinkill;4543537 said:
I wrote this 3 weeks ago.

They should just do Cena Taker at this point, they can't really build up any credible opponents for him if they keep having to lose to build up super Cena

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4540591 said:
I was on Dolph Zigglers wikipedia page and saw his real name - Nick Nemeth. That is a 100x better wrestling name than Dolph Ziggler.

Here's one for ya-- about 15 years or so back, I was working the graveyard shift at a hotel in New Market, when I got a slew of pro wrestlers looking for rooms one night-- you had Diamond Dallas Paige, Mick Foley, Eric Watts, Dustin Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat...

Naturally, they all paid with credit cards, so I got to see their real names... Dustin Rhodes' real name is Dustin Runnels, Diamond Dallas Paige was actually Paige something or other, I forget now...

But the one that struck me the most was the Dragon's real name, it was perhaps the coolest wrestling name ever-- I swear I'm not making this up, the credit card read Richard Blood...

Ricky was the first to arrive, and he was quiet, polite and respectful... just an all-around nice guy... the others were all jazzed up, and a lot of fun... the next morning, Dustin made himself a legend at the hotel as he tried REAL hard to talk one of our breakfast waitresses up to his room for a quickie... that was just about the single ugliest woman I ever saw, LOL... a really nice lady, but beyond homely....

That's one of my two stories about encounters with pro wrestlers, I'll tell you about the other some time...

silverbear

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4542133 said:
Ive been saying for a long while now that the idea is going to be for Cena to eventually turn heel and forget the fans and do his whole thug thing. Maybe not the rapper part of it but the more aggressive style and stuff.

I believe something like this is the start to it. While he's gone the fans that hate him will not miss him, someone else will be championed as for the people, and when Cena comes back he'll be angry that they turned on him completely and forgot about him..

I see zero chance of that happening, to be honest... they have too much invested in Cena as the quintessential good guy, the guy who has granted more wishes to sick children than any other celebrity in the history of the Make A Wish foundation...

Then there's the whole saluting thing, the way he's constantly honoring the military... that stuff wouldn't mean as much if he wasn't the "hero" in the ring, too...

I think they're pretty much stuck with him as a white hat... there's more money in him playing that role...

silverbear

Reaction score
Ren;4542137 said:
Cena saves the day again?! No way! :eek:

:laugh2:

Seriously that was crap, was hoping they'd do an 80-90 style build up of Lesnar like as a super villain no one could beat for a WM match with Taker or something instead they job him out to Cena at his first PPV back :bang2:

It's starting to look like Brock's return to the WWE is designed as a short-term thing, after he attacked Triple H and "broke his arm" on Raw... it looks like they're setting him up to be fired... of course, this might just be a swerve too...

silverbear

Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4542176 said:
Ok so is Cena really hurt or just taking time off? I can hardly imagine that. He boasts so much about being there every night no matter what, that that's his life, etc. I thought Brock was awful but I can't stand the guy. I am marking off the months till his contract is over.

That looks like a work, believe it or not John Laurinaitis attacked him at the end of Raw, working on his "injured arm", then announced that Cena's opponent at the next PPV is Laurinaitis himself...

There's a joke matchup for you... I hope he comes out in the Road Warriors shoulder pads, though since he's stopped doing the roids he probably can't do that outfit justice any more...

silverbear

Reaction score
zrinkill;4544017 said:
I know...... that will probably take him at least a week to heal from.

He recovered from the broken neck Nash gave him in 3 weeks a few months ago.

:D

When these guys need a vacation, they break a bone or two... LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4544312 said:
I will be glad when Barrett comes back. They could use him right about now. HHH was very good last night. I wish he was still wrestling every week. Hope Brock is off for a few weeks. I won't miss his ugly mug.

Lesnar always bored me as a wrestler... the only role he's qualified to play is the one he's been using all along, the brutal cave man type of bad guy...

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
silverbear;4544500 said:
Lesnar always bored me as a wrestler... the only role he's qualified to play is the one he's been using all along, the brutal cave man type of bad guy...

you're right. About all that he is capable of is what he is doing.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
silverbear;4544487 said:
That looks like a work, believe it or not John Laurinaitis attacked him at the end of Raw, working on his "injured arm", then announced that Cena's opponent at the next PPV is Laurinaitis himself...

There's a joke matchup for you... I hope he comes out in the Road Warriors shoulder pads, though since he's stopped doing the roids he probably can't do that outfit justice any more...

when did he ever don the road warriors get up? that was his brother James (Animal). I am not sure if John ever made cameo appearances as a member of the LOD though.

silverbear

Reaction score
Biggems;4545471 said:
when did he ever don the road warriors get up? that was his brother James (Animal). I am not sure if John ever made cameo appearances as a member of the LOD though.

Turns out we're both wrong... it was Joe Laurinaitis, John's brother, who was Animal... James is the son, who's playing in the NFL... John did wrestle, but it was under name Johnny Ace...

And until today, I did not know that...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
silverbear;4545603 said:
Turns out we're both wrong... it was Joe Laurinaitis, John's brother, who was Animal... James is the son, who's playing in the NFL... John did wrestle, but it was under name Johnny Ace...

And until today, I did not know that...

I knew it wasnt john, I just forgot Animal's first name, I thought it was James and his son was Jr......the LB in the NFL.

I knew John wasnt in LOD at least the original group....I just wasnt sure if he made cameo appearances and such, since he was Animal's bro.

At any rate, that would be hilarious if John did come out as Animal to wrestle Cena

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
silverbear;4544500 said:

How can he possibly bore you? :confused:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4545851 said:
By being boring?

Well he can bore but he has meant more to the ratings than The Rock and Wrestlemania did.

3.0 for the leadup to Wrestlemania, Lesnars' opening segment 3.6 rating for the second hour? 3.2. It should be "Monday Night Raw starring Brock Lesnar.". I have found his segments the most interesting week after week, I love the character he is portraying and I love the fact he isn't a ***** heel like every other one WWE has pushed in the past 5 or so years.