Brock Lesnar returns to WWE.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4500600 said:
No he doesn't and that is why thinking he is more relevant in 2012 than Brock Lesnar is a ridiculous idea.

Last nights show was disappointing outside of the Lesnar segments which were amazing. I can't believe they plagued Lesnars first RAW back with the three stooges.

The opening segment was cool because of the way everyong stormed the ring to pull them apart and the way they'd get to keep fighting. I did like that.

Lesnars interview later was terrible.

And there is no way, at all, that Lesnar is a bigger draw at this point than Cena. I don't know where you get this idea that Lesnar is going to draw a whole bunch of new fans to wrestling who aren't wrestling fans.

It's really one of the silliest things I've ever heard. UFC fans who aren't already wrestling fans are not going to flock over to the WWE in droves just to see some average UFC heavyweight participate in fake wrestling.

Rock, with out any doubt, brings a far larger draw, outside of wrestling, than Lesnar can or will.

Hogan would still bring a lot more draw outside of wrestling than Lesnar will.

Austin will bring a lot more wrestling fans back than Lesnar will bring in new non-wrestling fans.

I'm glad Lesnar is back, and I think it'll be fun to see him on the shows, but as usual you're way overhyping a guy based entirely on your love for him.

And the biggest PPV draw of the last decade? Are you serious?

The same decade that had Kurt Angle, HHH, Stone Cold, The Rock, Taker, HBK, Cena, Jericho, Edge main eventing PPVs?

Lesnar isn't even the biggest draw of any of those names in the last decade, let alone the biggest draw.

Sometimes I think you've really hit your head hard multiple times right before you come on here to post.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I am not a Cena fan in terms of wrestling but I was not aware of his involvement outside the ring in Make A Wish & other charities. What an insane schedule that guy puts himself through.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4501091 said:
The opening segment was cool because of the way everyong stormed the ring to pull them apart and the way they'd get to keep fighting. I did like that.

Lesnars interview later was terrible.

And there is no way, at all, that Lesnar is a bigger draw at this point than Cena. I don't know where you get this idea that Lesnar is going to draw a whole bunch of new fans to wrestling who aren't wrestling fans.

It's really one of the silliest things I've ever heard. UFC fans who aren't already wrestling fans are not going to flock over to the WWE in droves just to see some average UFC heavyweight participate in fake wrestling.

Rock, with out any doubt, brings a far larger draw, outside of wrestling, than Lesnar can or will.

Hogan would still bring a lot more draw outside of wrestling than Lesnar will.

Austin will bring a lot more wrestling fans back than Lesnar will bring in new non-wrestling fans.

I'm glad Lesnar is back, and I think it'll be fun to see him on the shows, but as usual you're way overhyping a guy based entirely on your love for him.

And the biggest PPV draw of the last decade? Are you serious?

The same decade that had Kurt Angle, HHH, Stone Cold, The Rock, Taker, HBK, Cena, Jericho, Edge main eventing PPVs?

Lesnar isn't even the biggest draw of any of those names in the last decade, let alone the biggest draw.

Sometimes I think you've really hit your head hard multiple times right before you come on here to post.

I am referring to PPV as a whole, not solely wrestling. He was UFCs biggest draw.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4501052 said:
Bull

CM Punk, John Cena

Hell Jericho, Undertaker and HHH got more of a reaction than Lesnar when they returned.

You go on the street and ask 10 people who CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Triple H, Brock Lesnar and John Cena are and I guarantee you the amount of people that know Brock Lesnar isn't even close to the other names with the possible exception of Cena.

You are out of your mind if you think CM Punk has a hundredth the name recognition that Brock Lesnar has.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4501218 said:
You go on the street and ask 10 people who CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Triple H, Brock Lesnar and John Cena are and I guarantee you the amount of people that know Brock Lesnar isn't even close to the other names with the possible exception of Cena.

You really are crazy for Lesnar if you believe that ...... bordering on your Miles fetish.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4501218 said:

You are out of your mind if you think CM Punk has a hundredth the name recognition that Brock Lesnar has.

And yet the large marjority of the wrestling fan base, you know the people who are going to make up 98% of their PPV sales, would much rather see a main event with CM Punk than Brock Lesnar.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I like Punk a lot but I am ready for him to move from this stuff with Jericho. It's getting old and silly now. Pouring drinks on the guy 2 weeks in a row. Enough already. JMO.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4501246 said:
You really are crazy for Lesnar if you believe that ...... bordering on your Miles fetish.

Brock Lesnar Buy Rates
To date, several of his matchups have generated some of the highest buy rates in UFC history—UFC 100: Lesnar vs. Mir 2 (1.6 million), UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin (1.16 million), UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez (1.05 million) and UFC 91: Lesnar vs. Couture (1.01 million).

Now lets look at buy rates without Lesnar

16) UFC 136 - 225,000 buys
Headliners: Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard (Lightweight Title fight), Jose Aldo vs Kenny Florian (Featherweight Title fight)

15) UFC 127 - 260,000 buys
Headliners: B.J. Penn vs Jon Fitch, Michael Bisping vs Jorge Rivera, George Sotiropolous vs Dennis Siver

14) UFC 125 - 270,000 buys
Headliners: Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard (Lightweight Title fight), Chris Leben vs Brian Stann

13) UFC 137 - 280,000 buys
Headliners: B.J. Penn vs Nick Diaz

12) UFC 139 - 290,000 buys
Headliners: Mauricio Rua vs Dan Henderson, Wanderlei Silva vs Cung Le, Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles

11) UFC 133 - 310,000 buys
Headliners: Rashad Evans vs Tito Ortiz, Vitor Belfort vs Yoshihiro Akiyama

9-tied) UFC 130 - 325,000 buys
Headliners: Quinton Jackson vs Matt Hamill, Frank Mir vs Roy Nelson

Lets look at the entire year of 2011

http://www.mma-manifesto.com/ufc-ppv-data/ppv-main/2011-year-in-review-ufc-ppv-buyrates.html

I wonder what PPV was #1?

1-tied) UFC 141 - 800,000 buys
Headliners: Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem

Lesnar has drawn more money than Jericho, Punk and HHH combined have in the past decade. You are delusional to believe otherwise. Triple H is not a mainstream star - no one outside of wrestling fans care, Jerichos band only has attention because of his celebrity status and his entire stardom has been fueled by the fact he is Chris Jericho. Lesnar is a star. I don't know how you could even argue this its not even a debate. UFC is bigger than wrestling, Lesnar was the top dog in the UFC. Simply google Lesnar buy rates for articles about UFC fans nervous about what would happen to the buyrates if Lesnar went back to WWE, here is one - http://prommanow.com/index.php/2012...rement-affect-ufc-ppv-buyrates-going-forward/

You know you are simply making this argument because I am the one citing how big of a star Lesnar is, but its not really logical to debate it as Lesnar was the biggest star in the UFC. If John Cena decided to go play hockey he would be the biggest star in the league. Its the same thing, WWE is a step down from UFC.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4501474 said:
And yet the large marjority of the wrestling fan base, you know the people who are going to make up 98% of their PPV sales, would much rather see a main event with CM Punk than Brock Lesnar.

Very true.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4501474 said:

I would prefer to see a main event with Brock Lesnar but you are probably right here, a majority of the 120000 or so members of WWEs die hard fanbase that actually buys PPV would prefer CM Punk to Brock Lesnar. The other 4.8 million people that watch RAW would prefer Lesnar to Punk.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4500600 said:
No he doesn't and that is why thinking he is more relevant in 2012 than Brock Lesnar is a ridiculous idea.

Last nights show was disappointing outside of the Lesnar segments which were amazing. I can't believe they plagued Lesnars first RAW back with the three stooges.

i figured you would be happy to share the spotlight with Brock....so which stooge are you again?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4501602 said:
I would prefer to see a main event with Brock Lesnar but you are probably right here, a majority of the 120000 or so members of WWEs die hard fanbase that actually buys PPV would prefer CM Punk to Brock Lesnar. The other 4.8 million people that watch RAW would prefer Lesnar to Punk.

Making up numbers again.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4501770 said:
Making up numbers again.

WWE Royal Rumble:
2011: 476,000 buys worldwide with 281,000 domestic
2010: 465,000 buys worldwide - 259,000 domestic

WWE Elimination Chamber:
2011: 212,000 buys worldwide with 145,000 domestic
2010: 287,000 buys worldwide - 160,00 domestic

WWE Wrestlemania:
2011: 1,124,000 buys worldwide with 665,000 domestic
2010: 885,000 buys worldwide - 495,000 domestic

WWE Extreme Rules:
2011: 216,000 buys worldwide with 108,000 domestic
2010: 201,000 buys worldwide - 112,000 domestic

WWE Over The Limit:
2011: 145,000 buys worldwide with 72,000 domestic
2010: 218,000 buys worldwide - 121,000 domestic

WWE Capitol Punishment (Fatal Four Way in 2010)
2011: 176,000 buys worldwide with 85,000 domestic
2010: 158,000 buys worldwide - 88,000 domestic

WWE Money in the Bank:
2011: 195,000 buys worldwide with 139,000 domestic
2010: 164,000 buys worldwide - 98,000 domestic

WWE Summerslam:
2011: 296,000 buys worldwide with 171,000 domestic
2010: 349,000 buys worldwide - 209,000 domestic

WWE Night of Champions:
2011: 161,000 buys worldwide with 104,000 domestic
2010: 165,000 buys worldwide - 99,00 domestic
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/244981-wwe-2011-ppv-buy-rate-information-vs-2010-numbers

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This Mondays Raw did a 3.10 rating with 4.29 million viewers. That's down from last week's 3.43 and 5.01 million viewers. The average viewers was the lowest since early February.

Reports are that WWE staff are not happy that Lesnar's return last week didn't pop any type of above normal rating.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4501876 said:
What does that prove about Lesnar?

You are really bad at trying to prove a point.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4501582&postcount=109

Look at UFC ppvs with Lesnar and then without Lesnar. Point is proven.

Frank Mir v Brock Lesnar = 1.6M buys.

Frank Mir v. Roy Nelson = 325k buys.

How can you deny Lesnar being a bigger draw than CM Punk? Thats a complete joke. Punk had the hottest feud in WWE in the past 5 years or so and it meant 31000 more buys.
WWE Money in the Bank:
2011: 195,000 buys worldwide with 139,000 domestic
2010: 164,000 buys worldwide - 98,000 domestic

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4501894 said:
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4501582&postcount=109
Look at UFC ppvs with Lesnar and then without Lesnar. Point is proven.

Are you really naive enough to not understand that was because wrestling fans started watching UFC pay per views.

UFC fans hated Lesnar ....... absolutely hated him.

And this weeks Raw rating shows that UFC fans did not follow him and the average wrestling fans are not really excited about his return.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4501917 said:
Are you really naive enough to not understand that was because wrestling fans started watching UFC pay per views.

UFC fans hated Lesnar ....... absolutely hated him.

And this weeks Raw rating shows that UFC fans did not follow him and the average wrestling fans are not really excited about his return.

That is a ludacris notion. If you add every wrestling fan who bought MITB to every UFC fan who bought the Mir fight this year
9-tied) UFC 130 - 325,000 buys
Headliners: Quinton Jackson vs Matt Hamill, Frank Mir vs Roy Nelson

it does not come close to what Lesnars fight drew this year.

You are the one being naive denying Lesnars PROVEN ability to draw money.