Brock Lesnar returns to WWE.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I cannot believe anyone would think Brock is a bigger star over Rock in or out of wrestling. Seriously?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4495433 said:
I cannot believe anyone would think Brock is a bigger star over Rock in or out of wrestling. Seriously?

Brock Lesnar surely means more to people in the 18-24 male demographic than The Rock does. Is The Rock a bigger star overall? Yes he is. To the people who would spend money on wrestling that usually don't (To clarify I am not referring to wrestling fans. I am talking about people that would not usually spend money on the product, but will if given a good reason to ie; UFC, Boxing fans)? It's pretty close and Lesnar may have the edge.

Either way Brock Lesnar and The Rock are the two biggest names and draws in the wrestling industry in 2012 the 3rd and 4th are probably Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold and they are not close to the same level that Lesnar and Rock are.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4495448 said:
Brock Lesnar surely means more to people in the 18-24 male demographic than The Rock does. Is The Rock a bigger star overall? Yes he is. To the people who would spend money on wrestling that usually don't (To clarify I am not referring to wrestling fans. I am talking about people that would not usually spend money on the product, but will if given a good reason to ie; UFC, Boxing fans)? It's pretty close and Lesnar may have the edge.

Either way Brock Lesnar and The Rock are the two biggest names and draws in the wrestling industry in 2012 the 3rd and 4th are probably Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold and they are not close to the same level that Lesnar and Rock are.

I think everything in this post is wrong.

Really really wrong.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4495352 said:
Lesnar was the biggest star in the UFC. Lesnar is a mainstream personality. The Rock is a huge movie star but it's not like comparing Santino Marella to John Cena, Lesnar is close to Rocks level.

However when you look at The Rocks fanbase and than Brock Lesnars fanbase that does not originate from wrestling who is more likely to watch WWE? The UFC fan or the 12 year old that knows the Rock as the toothfairy?

Lesnar was a big star in the UFC because he was already established not because he was great, but because he was known.

The 12 year old is more of a driving force than you could ever imagine. Not to mention if that is the case...Rock has still been around for their parents.

Rock is by far the bigger star. It really is not even close.
I'll put it this way...Rock is Aikman and therefore Lesner is Danny White in comparison.

Well known, but not nearly as many fans.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4499177 said:
Hopefully he kicks off tonights show.

Let's hope not. That is the segment where they talk and talk and talk some more. He was always horrible on the mic. Unless he's improved and I doubt that.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

I don't know...I just can't buy into any of that. I'm sorry.

First off I don't see strictly UFC fans shelling out 50 dollars for a fake wrestling PPV just because Lesnar is part of the show. So I just don't see that being much of a selling factor.

And if you think that Lesnar would be a bigger money draw for wrestling than Steve Austin would be if he were to return you've got your head screwed on all wrong.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4499272 said:
I don't know...I just can't buy into any of that. I'm sorry.

First off I don't see strictly UFC fans shelling out 50 dollars for a fake wrestling PPV just because Lesnar is part of the show. So I just don't see that being much of a selling factor.

And if you think that Lesnar would be a bigger money draw for wrestling than Steve Austin would be if he were to return you've got your head screwed on all wrong.

Steve Austin is 47 years old. Outside of wrestling fans he is next to a non-factor mainstream, Lesnar is 33 one of the most well known professional athletes and the biggest PPV draw of the last decade.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4500149 said:
Steve Austin is 47 years old. Outside of wrestling fans he is next to a non-factor mainstream, Lesnar is 33 one of the most well known professional athletes and the biggest PPV draw of the last decade.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4500149 said:

Does Steve Austin even wrestle anymore?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I used to think the lamest story I had ever seen in wrestling was the story about how Val Venis impregnated an 80 year old Mae Young (I believe) who later gave birth to a puddle of slime and a mannequin hand.

Looking at wrestling now, that story would probably be the most intriguing and well put together story going.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4500211 said:
Does Steve Austin even wrestle anymore?

No he doesn't and that is why thinking he is more relevant in 2012 than Brock Lesnar is a ridiculous idea.

Last nights show was disappointing outside of the Lesnar segments which were amazing. I can't believe they plagued Lesnars first RAW back with the three stooges.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4500600 said:
No he doesn't and that is why thinking he is more relevant in 2012 than Brock Lesnar is a ridiculous idea.

Last nights show was disappointing outside of the Lesnar segments which were amazing. I can't believe they plagued Lesnars first RAW back with the three stooges.

He didn't do a thing except accidentally bust John in the mouth. His first promo was awful. The interview was bad. Yea let's put Brock in a cage with Taker. I want to see him get his *** kicked. Cause we know Taker has something left. Does Brock? Who knows?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4500621 said:
He didn't do a thing except accidentally bust John in the mouth. His first promo was awful. The interview was bad. Yea let's put Brock in a cage with Taker. I want to see him get his *** kicked. Cause we know Taker has something left. Does Brock? Who knows?

Everyone charging the ring was great, just seeing Brock in the ring was great. Brock has never been a promo guy and that is part of the reason why they should bring in Heyman as his manager, Extreme Rules is the place to debut him since you can make a play off the name "Extreme" even though it doesn't really matter much.

and him accidently busting John Cenas mouth open was great. :laugh1:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

You think Lesnar is a bigger name than Hulk Hogan? :eek:

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4500659 said:
Everyone charging the ring was great, just seeing Brock in the ring was great. Brock has never been a promo guy and that is part of the reason why they should bring in Heyman as his manager, Extreme Rules is the place to debut him since you can make a play off the name "Extreme" even though it doesn't really matter much.

and him accidently busting John Cenas mouth open was great. :laugh1:

I will wait & see how Brock does in the ring. He can't cut a promo to save his life. That is painfully obvious. Have to hand it to Cena. He handled that perfectly last night.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
TheCount;4500669 said:
You think Lesnar is a bigger name than Hulk Hogan? :eek:
In 2012? Yes. Alot of people only know of Hulk for his divorce/tmz headlines.

3 biggest wrestling personalities in 2012 are Hogan, Rock and Lesnar.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4501048 said:
3 biggest wrestling personalities in 2012 are Hogan, Rock and Lesnar.

Bull

CM Punk, John Cena

Hell Jericho, Undertaker and HHH got more of a reaction than Lesnar when they returned.