Brock Lesnar returns to WWE.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4501920 said:
That is a ludacris notion.

Explain the Raw rating after his big return?

Wanna compare it to the Rocks or Jericho's ...... or the rating after CM Punk made his great speech that you believed was real?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4501923 said:
Explain the Raw rating after his big return?

Wanna compare it to the Rocks or Jericho's ...... or the rating after CM Punk made his great speech that you believed was real?

The go home show for mania pulled a 3.0.

Jerichos return -
WWE Raw on Monday, January 2, 2012 scored a 3.10 rating, up from a 2.93 rating the previous two weeks to close 2011. It was the first Raw above the 3.00 mark since the end of November.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4501944 said:
The go home show for mania pulled a 3.0.

Jerichos return -

This Mondays Raw did a 3.10 rating with 4.29 million viewers. That's down from last week's 3.43 and 5.01 million viewers. The average viewers was the lowest since early February.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4501957 said:
This Mondays Raw did a 3.10 rating with 4.29 million viewers. That's down from last week's 3.43 and 5.01 million viewers. The average viewers was the lowest since early February.

Last week was also the post Mania show. The numbers that will interest me are the L+7 numbers, I would bet alot of UFC fans put RAW on their dvrs to check out how WWE would handle the return.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4501967 said:
I would bet alot of UFC fans put RAW on their dvrs to check out how WWE would handle the return.

Do you not realize how despised he was by the UFC fan base?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
If he was hated in UFC why would any of their fans care what he's doing now? I can see them buying PPV's wanting to see him get his butt kicked but why bother with him now? He's in their rear view mirror.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BoysFan4ever;4501982 said:
If he was hated in UFC why would any of their fans care what he's doing now? I can see them buying PPV's wanting to see him get his butt kicked but why bother with him now? He's in their rear view mirror.

Exactly ....

R2A thinks they are like wrestling fans who "love to hate" certain people ...... but hey did not "love to hate" Brock .... they just hated him and wanted him out of their sport.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
zrinkill;4501983 said:
Exactly ....

R2A thinks they are like wrestling fans who "love to hate" certain people ...... but hey did not "love to hate" Brock .... they just hated him and wanted him out of their sport.

Why would anyone despise him he got his arse kicked in his last two fights and he became a non factor once he went up against better fighters that could deal with his brute power.

He started off hot and cooled down and I do know he had the injury that set him back as well

Kangaroo

Reaction score
zrinkill;4502029 said:
You must have never frequented any UFC or boxing forums because he was hated.

No I only talk about it with people i actually train martial arts with so no forums for me when it comes to UFC. I catch the bouts on Fox now when i get a chance but it is funny a lot of people I train with was intrigued by brock because he was very athletic and had lots of power. So I had no clue their was a sub culture of hate for the guy.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4501983 said:
Exactly ....

If that was true why was he the biggest draw for the company? People don't pay to see someone they want to go away, they pay to see people they love to hate however. For example I pay to see Austin Aries work as a heel, I turn the tv off when Del Joke comes on.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4501967 said:
Last week was also the post Mania show. The numbers that will interest me are the L+7 numbers, I would bet alot of UFC fans put RAW on their dvrs to check out how WWE would handle the return.

LMAO!!!!

Ok. Should have seen that coming. He gave you a clear example of how Lesnar didn't increase ratings, and obviously didn't bring a UFC fanbase with him, and now you're already making excuses for why it didn't work out like you'd said.

And now it's because they all DVR'd it so that, of course, there is no evidence that he brought any new viewers.

Classic.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
So I want to get this straight, R2A actually thinks that Lesnar is a bigger star than the Rock? Because he fought in the UFC? Does he not know that UFC fans can care less about wrestling? Or that they can care even less of Lesnar who (in some minds) couldn't handle the big boys class?

I mean how much of a fan boy do you have to be to the fool yourself into thinking that the man that can walk into an arena and electrify a crown like no one else and can actaully PERFORM in a wrestling ring, is somehow less of a star than someone who can barely string two words together don't involved a grunt or some failed attempt at everything? I mean are we debating the fact that the star power of a man who has made millions of his moves just because he was a wrestling star is somehow less than a man who quit the WWE to go fight in the UFC and then retired from the UFC to come back to the WWE?

Drinking, and smoking are not good for mental health my friend. Not good at all.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dargonking999;4505074 said:
So I want to get this straight, R2A actually thinks that Lesnar is a bigger star than the Rock? Because he fought in the UFC? Does he not know that UFC fans can care less about wrestling? Or that they can care even less of Lesnar who (in some minds) couldn't handle the big boys class?

I mean how much of a fan boy do you have to be to the fool yourself into thinking that the man that can walk into an arena and electrify a crown like no one else and can actaully PERFORM in a wrestling ring, is somehow less of a star than someone who can barely string two words together don't involved a grunt or some failed attempt at everything? I mean are we debating the fact that the star power of a man who has made millions of his moves just because he was a wrestling star is somehow less than a man who quit the WWE to go fight in the UFC and then retired from the UFC to come back to the WWE?

Drinking, and smoking are not good for mental health my friend. Not good at all.

It's typical of R2A when he has a man crush on someone or something. He can't help it and I'm convinced it's simply a sign of his youth and lack of exerience or knowledge.

He's actually a pretty good kid, and we give him a pretty tough time around here on stuff, but he's not nearly as bad as he once was and he does contribute some quality stuff to the wrestling and Cowboys discussions around here.

He's just got a lot to learn is all.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I am not a fan of UFC but am curious to know why Brock flamed out there. His illness? Lazy? Ego?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4505322 said:
I am not a fan of UFC but am curious to know why Brock flamed out there. His illness? Lazy? Ego?

Most people, myself included place the blame on his illness. He simply can not train like others can anymore and his body does not absorb nutrition the same. He is at too sharp a disadvantage to overcome and it is understandable which is why people don't rip him as hard as you would expect for going into the biggest fight of the year in the shape he went in.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4505322 said:

Romo 2 Austin;4505764 said:
Most people, myself included place the blame on his illness. He simply can not train like others can anymore and his body does not absorb nutrition the same. He is at too sharp a disadvantage to overcome and it is understandable which is why people don't rip him as hard as you would expect for going into the biggest fight of the year in the shape he went in.

Most people huh? Didn't realised you'd actually interviewed all people on the subject to make such a bold statement.

Just hacking on you there. :p

But here's the deal. I don't know how much MMA you watch, and by some of your statements here I'm going to guess you don't watch nearly enough, but two things.

1. He was hated and that made him a draw because UFC fans paid to watch him get his *** kicked. No different then when people pay to watch Rashad Evans fight. I'm guessing, based off what I've seen when it comes to him and not any actual knowledge of all minds on the subject, that they love to watch him get beat. Same thing used to be the case with Tito Ortiz.

2. The illness certainly didn't help him in the least. It hurt him a great deal. But there is another very simple fact at play here. He simply wasn't talented enough. It was proven in all of his last 3 fights. Even without the illness hurting him when he fought Carwin he was getting his *** completely dominated. He lucked out that Carwin simply gassed himself out.

Brock simply lacks the skills to be a consistent, top flight, threat in the UFC. Once you put him in there with guys that he can't simply bully around with a huge size and strength advantage he has no shot.

I'm absolutely 100 percent certian if he and Carwin fought 5 more times Carwin would easily beat him all 5 times.

Cain would beat him every single time.

Alistar would defeat him every single time.

The reason being if he can't immediately take a person down, and hold them down on the ground with a size and strength advantage, he's not going to win. His striking is FAR below average and he has absolutely no real submission offense or defense at all.

He can destroy guys like an over the hill Randy Couture or Frank Mir because he can physically bully them.

He can't do that to guys like Carwin, Cain, Alistar, Dos Santos, and he'd honestly proably struggle mightly against Roy Nelson whose tough as they come.

I give him major respect for going for it, and getting everything he could out of the UFC, but his run was always going to be very short lived because his skill set was extremely limited.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
You guys answered my question so thanks. I still don't like the guy in the WWE & hope this contract is one & done.