Brock Lesnar returns to WWE.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm still trying to get over the notion that someone thinks Brock Lesnar is more popular than The Rock.

Anyway...

Lesnar is one-dimensional. He's a "monster" force but can do little as far as entertainment goes. I'd rather watch Goldberg (same character, same style, etc.)

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Hrmm not sure if this helps things or not but I don't care about the WWE or watch it at ALL and always wanted to watch Brock fight to see what the outcomes would be (Mostly because he looks like some drawn up boss in a video game) Now that he's out of the UFC, I do not care about him any more.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Lesnar sucks....but what is funny is, Cena is so over that he can lose to Lesnar in 2 weeks and still be the man. In fact, I see Lesnar beating Cena, probably with interference.....leading ultimately to a Cena/Lesnar WM29 matchup in which Cena ends his losing streak at Mania by beating down Lesnar and sending him packing.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
A lot of this stuff in this thread is crackin me up, lol.

I gotta correct whoever brought up Taz coming back as a commentator for the WWE...

He would take Lawler and/or Booker T's spot...NOT Cole's. The former wrestler/manager are usually the "analyst" while guys like JR and Cole are the "play by play" man. Hate to say it, but I doubt Cole is going anywhere anytime soon. Especially since he is an established heel announcer now.

Also, the theory that Brock is a bigger draw than Stone Cold now is funny too. I guarantee if they were to bring in Stone Cold for even one RAW, whether it be an advertised or surprise appearance, the ratings would have a spike more than what Brock's intro did.

Stone Cold is in that rare club where he doesn't even have to wrestle when he shows up to draw ratings or $$$. All he needs to ever do now is work the mic, maybe even stun somebody, drink a few cold ones, and then stun somebody again.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Kangaroo;4502050 said:
No I only talk about it with people i actually train martial arts with so no forums for me when it comes to UFC. I catch the bouts on Fox now when i get a chance but it is funny a lot of people I train with was intrigued by brock because he was very athletic and had lots of power. So I had no clue their was a sub culture of hate for the guy.

There is a subculture of hate for any famous figure or celebrity, or athlete, etc.. out there. Its nerds with too much time on their hands and too many "forums" to go to over the internet to criticize anything and everything. Im sure most people who train MMA were mostly rational and intrigued by Brock joining the UFC, as you and your friends were about it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Brocks new look

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/brocklesnar_3_full.png

Ren

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4508257 said:
There is a subculture of hate for any famous figure or celebrity, or athlete, etc.. out there. Its nerds with too much time on their hands and too many "forums" to go to over the internet to criticize anything and everything. Im sure most people who train MMA were mostly rational and intrigued by Brock joining the UFC, as you and your friends were about it.

Most people where event he "haters", thing that put a lot of people off on him was getting a title shot with 1 whole UFC win under his belt, getting hyped as the greatest thing ever and his UFC100 post fight roid raging.

If he had to take the same road everyone else does to get his title shot he would have never gotten it

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Brock Lesnar ..... always have.

But they are gonna have to go a whole different direction with him this time around if they want it to work.

The unstoppable monster thing is not gonna work after the three *** whoopings he took in his last 3 professional fights.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Wrestlemania 28 did 1.3m buys. The most of any Wrestlemania in history. WWE's previous record was Wrestlemania 23, which garnered 1,118,000 buys. That event was headlined by Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena as well as the Donald Trump-Vince McMahon hair vs. hair stipulation for Bobby Lashley vs. Umaga.

The Rock was the one to initially announce that it broke the record today on twitter and WWE followed that up with a press release.

WWE issued the following press release:
WRESTLEMANIA® SETS PAY-PER-VIEW RECORD

STAMFORD, Conn., April 16, 2012 – WWE (NYSE:WWE) announced today that WrestleMania XXVIII, held April 1 at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, set new records for pay-per-view buys and gross sales.

Preliminary estimates show that WrestleMania, featuring the historic Once in a Lifetime match between The Rock® and John Cena®, garnered 1.3 million pay-per-view buys with global gross sales in excess of $67 million including the live event.

WrestleMania was seen around the world on pay-per-view in more than 105 countries and 20 languages.

Next year’s WrestleMania will take place Sunday, April 7, 2013 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. Ticket information will be announced later this year.

PWInsider.com...

If they do Brock-Rock next year I fully expect this record to be topped. If they do both Rock-Brock and Austin-Punk it should easily do 1.45m-1.5m.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
zrinkill;4508925 said:
I like Brock Lesnar ..... always have.

But they are gonna have to go a whole different direction with him this time around if they want it to work.

The unstoppable monster thing is not gonna work after the three *** whoopings he took in his last 3 professional fights.

well after his latest promo today in london, the answer is no they're not going a whole new direction. It seems like they're doing the anti-rock thing. Portraying him as the no nonsense, no funny cracks, no catch phrases, buttkicker.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I would be shocked if Taker was not in WM next year. Particularly after the great match he had this year.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
dargonking999;4508943 said:
well after his latest promo today in london, the answer is no they're not going a whole new direction. It seems like they're doing the anti-rock thing. Portraying him as the no nonsense, no funny cracks, no catch phrases, buttkicker.

That is exactly how the should be portrayed.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4508947 said:
I would be shocked if Taker was not in WM next year. Particularly after the great match he had this year.

They should give him the year off. No reason to have him there next year with the huge matches they have the in the pipelines. Do HHH-HBK next year and then WM30 have a triple threat match to end the 5 year arch of Taker-HHH-HBK matches. Lesnar/Rock, Austin/Punk, HHH/HBK, WWE Title- Cena/Orton.... Who would not want to see this card?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I don't think the WWE "gives" Taker anything. I think he probably tells them what he is willing to work & do & because he is such a seasoned vet he decides. He had hands down the best match at this year's WM IMO. Of course you want him there. And he can deliver still. He always has.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4508952 said:
They should give him the year off. No reason to have him there next year with the huge matches they have the in the pipelines. Do HHH-HBK next year and then WM30 have a triple threat match to end the 5 year arch of Taker-HHH-HBK matches. Lesnar/Rock, Austin/Punk, HHH/HBK, WWE Title- Cena/Orton.... Who would not want to see this card?

Now I do agree with you on this card. I'd love this card. For sure.

Rock vs. Brock would be the one I'd want to see least of all of them but I'd still want to see it.

It would also pale in comparison, easily, to any of the other matches you've mentioned here.

But it's a great card line up.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4509174 said:
Now I do agree with you on this card. I'd love this card. For sure.

Rock vs. Brock would be the one I'd want to see least of all of them but I'd still want to see it.

It would also pale in comparison, easily, to any of the other matches you've mentioned here.

But it's a great card line up.

Cena/Orton would not be a classic in the ring either lol. That card I mentioned is very plausible aswell, Orton has had throwaway matches at back to back Manias so I am expecting him to be in the title match next year and you know John Cena will be in a prominent role so Cena-Orton makes sense, and the other 3 matches are all very possible. Then you can have the WHC be two young guys like Ziggler-Sheamus.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BoysFan4ever;4508947 said:

I think it will be Taker and Lesnar.