Brunell named starter, Jansen breaks thumb, Ramsey trade?***Ultimate Skins thread***

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
a090384.JPG

yesfan

Reaction score
Lmao, and just think,we're going to be stuck with that
moron,on Mondays.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I hope he has a girlfriend.

A man could get awfully frustrated in that condition.

Hilarious.

Thinking ahead to 2006....Denver might end up with a couple of pretty high #1's.

Considering that they started Ekuban and Myers on Sunday, they probably need them.

Skins26

Reaction score
yesfan said:
I'll say one thing for Ramsey,the majority,or atleast on
the skins boards,are for him.
I'm pretty sure Moss and Patten are for him too.

Man oh man I hope Portis and our D can stay fresh, because that's who we're going to be relying on to win games (and whoever our kicker is).

SON OF A ...................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead:

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Dale said:
I wonder what Joe Thesimann is thinking right now. Wasn't he hyping Ramsey all off-season, and last year saying how how he would thrive under Gibbs' guidance?

...Joe is too busy wondering how the Skins will make it to the SuperBowl this year. :lmao2:

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
But underlying the decision itself is another issue that has to concern Skins fans. And that is their confidence in Joe Gibbs himself. Many Skins fans feel Gibbs has more than earned the right to do what he thinks best for the team (he has) but are shaken in their confidence because this decision seems unfair and/or stupid (yes to both). So this magnifies the game on Monday far beyond the usual massive proportions of a typical skins/boys tilt. The fact is if the Skins can pull out a win, by whatever means on Monday, Gibbs will be vindicated with the majority of skins fans. If not, and with a bye week following, it could be Mutiny on the Skinty.:laugh2:

Yeah, I think I saw that one a couple of years ago.

Jenna Jamison, right?

Smokin' flick!

:cunning:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
HardHittin'Witten said:
Garcia had a 0.0, as well. the Skins game was on Turkey Day a couple of years ago, and it was Hasselbeck. Thanks for the correction, silverbear.

Sometimes a few of my remaining synapses fire at opportune moments... LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
Skins26 said:
That's because they have actually seen the Bears play.

So have I, and probably more often than you have... I watched about 90 per cent of that farce yesterday, and followed them some toward the end of last year when Hutch was startin' for them...

So basing how they'll do this year based on last year's stats (despite ugrading their D coaches and having their best player on D back and healthy) is called....what?

A good deal more realistic than you tryin' to tell us how "good" that defense is...

As for "upgrading their D coaches". that's a freakin' joke... the only 2 new staffers on the defense are defensive line coach Don Johnson, and defensive backs coach Perry Fewell... Johnson spent the previous 5 years coaching the defensive linemen from UCLA, and of course the Bruins are world-famous for cranking out stud defensive linemen... and Fewell spent the last 2 years coaching the defensive backs for the Rams... the Rams were next to last in pass defense two years ago, but they WERE some better last year, up to 11th...

Clearly, it's ridiculous for you to talk about this significant upgrade in the coaching for the Bears... as for "having their best player back on D and healthy", the guess is you're talking about Urlacher, and I'd debate whether or not he's their best defensive player at this point... but even if I concede that point to you, he was around for over half of their games last year, so he played his role in their defensive rankings...

Nope, if that's the best you can do to make your case that the Bears' defense is all that, you've proven my point for me quite nicely... clearly, you're just trying to convince yourself that the Bears possess this killer defense, to justify the miserable showing by the Skins yesterday... you guys BARELY beat a team with a thoroughly atrocious offense, and a mediocre (at best) defense...

No amount of homeristic spin by you will change that...

Actually, the Skins don't turn the ball over any more than any other team.
They average last year was 28, the Skins had 27.
(Dallas had 37 if you were curious)

And in the preseason THIS year, the Skins were minus 8 in turnovers, in 4 games... you turned the ball over 10 times, only forced 2...

Meanwhile, the Cowboys were plus 5, forcing 7 turnovers while losing just 2...

And after 1 regular season game, the Skins are -1, committing three turnovers, while the Boys are +1, committing one...

Like I said, he had over 100 yards in just over a quarter, and had a TD (which was called back on the most ridiculous offensive PI call you will ever see in your life). The first sack was due to good coverage, the second (which was an illegal hit) was all on our O line, not Ramsey.

ROTFLMAO... spoken like a true Skins fan-- "the refs screwed us"... and like *I* said, his rating for the game was 49.4... basically, he had ONE good play, that 52 yarder... other than that, he was 5 of 10, for 53 yards, an interception and 2 sacks...

The fact that you consider that a good effort tells me you really ARE a Skins fan, and have seen so much lousy quarterback play that your standards are really, really low...

Try again, homer... but next time, you might want to bring your "A" game, 'cause this is really TOO easy...

silverbear

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Keep thinking like that and we'll be 1-1 next Tuesday. Last year, we won a nailbiter in DC and barely beat them at home in December. Expect the unexpected.

If the team is feelin' like some of these fans are talkin', that's exactly what will happen... I hope Parcells is tearin' them a new one all week long in practice...

We SHOULD win this ball game... then again, the Niners and Fins SHOULD have lost yesterday...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Funny Kornheiser article.

A FEW CHOICE WORDS: TONY KORNHEISER
No Offense, but Is Brunell Really an Upgrade?

Tuesday, September 13, 2005; Page E02

Wave goodbye to The Patrick Ramsey Era.

Didn't last long, did it?

Patrick Ramsey was cleared to return after suffering a neck strain, but it was Mark Brunell who finished the game. (By Toni L. Sandys -- The Washington Post)
After Ramsey nearly got decapitated in the second quarter Sunday -- nearly found himself starring as Ichabod Crane in "The Headless Quarterback" -- Coach "Joe" sought comfort in Mark Brunell. Or as **** Stockton repeatedly and inexplicably called him, " Scott Brunell."

Though we later learned that Ramsey was medically cleared to play, Gibbs pressed on with Brunell, whose best offensive play was a pass interference call that negated a 55-yard Chicago interception return. Gaining confidence with every pass he threw that wasn't intercepted and run back for a touchdown, Brunell's signature move was to turn and hand off to whoever was behind him. It could have been Tom Hanks; it wouldn't have mattered to Brunell.

The result was three field goals and an insurmountable 9-7 lead over the worst offensive team in the league. The Bears treat offense as if it's bubonic plague. I had to laugh when Moose Johnston waxed on about "Ron Turner's offensive philosophy" as if it were borrowed from Albert Einstein. Where exactly did Turner glean this dynamic offensive philosophy -- from the back of a ketchup bottle?

So now there is no need to start anyone but Brunell. He got the 'W,' didn't he? How can you argue with that? Okay, maybe he couldn't get the ball into the end zone -- but at least his spinal cord is intact. So what if the Commanders just lost all their scoring because John Hall re-injured his quad? (What's the deal with this guy? How did he become so fragile that he needs to be stored in a Tiffany box?) So what if Jon "Fast Eddie Felson" Jansen has no workable thumbs? No thumbs! I mean, come on, how is the guy supposed to get down into a three-point stance? For all intents and purposes, Jansen is now a penguin!

Don't worry. Mark Brunell threw for 70 yards.

That's right, 70 yards. Sound familiar?

Welcome to last year.

silverbear

Reaction score
Badattitude said:
Don't be so excited ...Brunell is a tuff QB qho can you fits with his movement - you saw Brees kill us with his movement...

Mark Brunell has turned into the king of the dumpoff pass these last 2 years... he averaged 5.04 yards per attempt last season, 5.0 yards per attempt yesterday... he has averaged all of 126.4 yards per game over his last 10 games (including 70 yards in nearly 3 quarters of work yesterday)... in his last 251 attempts, he has just 11 completions of over 20 yards...

He's also nowhere near as mobile as he once was, having been sacked 16 times in the last 267 pass plays... he's not the same player he was as recently as 2002...

All in all, I'd say that Parcells won't be reluctant to put Roy up close to the line of scrimmage in this game... he certainly won't fear Brunell beating the Boys over the top...

silverbear

Reaction score
Rack said:
Brunell sucks, but I'd rather face Ramsey. He's even worse then Brunell.

On the one hand, I agree with you-- Ramsey has little pocket presence, and will throw the ball up for grabs too often...

But on the other hand, Ramsey likes to look downfield, and Gibbs went out and got himself a stable of small but swift wideouts in order to do exactly that... but Brunell won't be looking downfield...

silverbear

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Seriously though, can you imagine if we had an owner that was THAT inept?

I can-- I'm an Orioles fan...

I've got six bucks for anybody who takes out Peter Angelos, and his two sons, Tweedledum and Tweedledumber... or is that Frick and Frack??

silverbear

Reaction score
Tass said:
How do you break BOTH of them in the same game?

He had one broken thumb going into the game... I forget if he got it in the last preseason game, or in practice last week...

silverbear

Reaction score
davidyee said:
...Joe is too busy wondering how the Skins will make it to the SuperBowl this year. :lmao2:

Aw, tickets aren't THAT expensive... they can afford it...

silverbear

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Three #1's for Ramsey? Plus BA?

Yikes, you must like him.

Naw, it would just be worth it to get rid of BA...

At first, I thought 2 number ones would be fair, but then I thought about how much the folks in Skins land would LOVE BA, and bumped the offer up...

:eek:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Naw, it would just be worth it to get rid of BA...

At first, I thought 2 number ones would be fair, but then I thought about how much the folks in Skins land would LOVE BA, and bumped the offer up...

:eek:
BA is gone. Let's keep the draft picks.