News: BTB: Cowboys pet peeve: People who want to move on from Dak Prescott

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The point isn’t that you can easily upgrade the QB position. The point is the separation from Dak Prescott to Brock Purdy or 2022 Geno Smith or even Mac Jones isn’t 40-50m$.

It’s not Dak vs Brock, it’s Dak vs Brock and George Kittle, and Christian Mccaffrey, and Fred Warner, and whatever else that money gets you.
have you looked at the top 15 QB salaries? and upgrading the QB is not easy. that's a fallacy and a moot argument on your part.
and now Geno smith who SUCKED for years and now is your hero seemingly.

and Purdy is a rookie. if you recall at some point Dak was a rookie and played under his initial contract.

and who is the upgrade you are speaking of? you threw two names out there. but neither is available. and again Geno Smith SUCKED for far longer than his one year of semi-success and now he is highly paid.

Reactions: CWR

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I guess "fans" are being unreasonable to expect more than a one and done ceiling for this Dak led team. We just don't see Dak leading any team to even compete for the SB, much less win it. Shame on us for asking too much from Dak, even though he gets paid like it. Extend him, and extend the misery.
not unreasonable. but some live in fantasy land. holding their breath until they are blue, stumping their feet demanding we draft Mahomes.

if there is an alternative that's better. I am 110% in. so what are the alternatives?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It’s not failure. It’s just not championship or elite caliber. Which unfortunately is the only measurement for some of these fans.

If we aren’t playing for championships, we suk. Lol
we have sucked for 28+ years. wasn't that when Dak was born!? probably his fault for being born o_O

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have to give you credit for continuously trying to sell to us here in the CZ this TURD of a QB.
Patience as Sept. will bring once again verify how truly inept he is for the position he is so underqualified for.
More Boos and garbage are incoming for your man-crush Mr. Prescott.
Don't be surprised if he's benched at some point for Rush as circumstances now are full tilt pressure-wise for inepto Prescott who everyone knows is a deer in the headlights under pressure.
P.S. A trash QB is one who plays like Trash just like Prescott esp in important games.
we should extend Dak prescott and making him the highest paid QB in the league.
:laugh:tell me what a go route is?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The only way Dak can throw 40 TD is if it's a 30-game season.
Of course he would also have around 30 interceptions I mean common now were talking about Mr.Turnover Prescott here!
ahhh, hmmm you know he had 37 in 2021!!! 16 game season. not 40, but if it was a 17 game season, perhaps 40...just sayin you are clue less that's all

visionary

Reaction score
You really think there's any chance Cowboys are not going to stick with Dak? Visionary? If they are going that route, they need to do it before the market blows up again with Jackson, Hurts, Burrow and Herbert in line to significantly move the needle.
Of they’re going to but they shouldn’t

dfense

Reaction score
And there in lies your problem. You think its only one guy that does all the scoring on offense.

Understanding the game is important. Cherry picking also doesnt prove anything other than you draw conclusions improperly.
As if you don't cherry pick.

You have a tailor made excuse for every time Dak shows his true colors. The endless Dak prop-up posts trying to sway the doubters.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what if people want to move on from Prescott? Has he succeeded in the post season?

Same thing with Romo and the same excuse, it's the team around him.

Prescott has not proven he is a post season QB and I don't get all of the excuse making for him. It's the OC, it's the receivers but it really is the QB.

Every QB in the playoffs has to have the first line in the Hippocratic Oath foremost going into the game, first, do no harm. He hasn't learned that and neither has Josh Allen and few other QB's. Mahomes is just a different animal and incomparable.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I have no issue moving on from Dak. What I don’t like about our fan base is, that people want to get rid of him with no equal or better option. And what I don’t like from the front office is they don’t put pressure on Dak by drafting a QB 3rd round or higher. I’d love to draft a QB in the second round. If Dak can’t handle the pressure of having a QB the team invested highly in, then how will he handle the pressure that comes with performing deep in the playoffs? Dak knows these 5th rounders won’t get any legitimate run. But a second rounder? Most definitely. It means the organization has a back up plan that may not involve him if he continues to underperform.
To get better options you gotta suck and I’m down for being terrible.

The team screwed up paying Dak knowing it takes an incredible roster for him to be successful.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are very few things that aggravate me more than when I hear, what has he ever won? Talk about a lazy opinion.

But equally as aggravating is when people want to pay a QB top dollar because, who else do we have? What other choice do we have? That is a loser's mentality. I can't win, but as long as people like me, I'm happy. That's how owners should think, not fans.
Havent heard anyone say we have to pay him top dollar because we have no one else. Dak is a top 10 QB. Thats why he gets top dollar.

Now there is no need to get rid of him until we have someone as good or younger.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As if you don't cherry pick.

You have a tailor made excuse for every time Dak shows his true colors. The endless Dak prop-up posts trying to sway the doubters.
My evaluations are based on his career. Not cherry picking. Now I can certainly cherry pick when cherry picked against.

There's no propping up Dak. There is only showing proof that the wrong way trolls are dead wrong. Its fun to make them all look stupid.

Flamma

Reaction score
Havent heard anyone say we have to pay him top dollar because we have no one else. Dak is a top 10 QB. Thats why he gets top dollar.

Now there is no need to get rid of him until we have someone as good or younger.
Yes. Literally every Dak supporter has said that. You don't pay a QB top dollar that isn't a top QB unless you use the excuse of who else do we have? I don't care if he's top ten. He's being paid top 3. If he gets an extension next year it will be at the very top. For what? An above average QB? It's just stupid to pay a QB 50M a year just because you don't have an alternative. It's like buying a Honda Civic for 100k because it's the only car in the lot.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes. Literally every Dak supporter has said that. You don't pay a QB top dollar that isn't a top QB unless you use the excuse of who else do we have? I don't care if he's top ten. He's being paid top 3. If he gets an extension next year it will be at the very top. For what? An above average QB? It's just stupid to pay a QB 50M a year just because you don't have an alternative. It's like buying a Honda Civic for 100k because it's the only car in the lot.
Market contracts for QB’s are part of doing business in the NFL.

There’s two types of teams in the league. You either have a franchise QB you can try and build around or you are looking for Franchise QB.

Not all Franchise QB’s are Elite which makes it even tougher to build around . The closer they are to Elite the easier it is.

Owners main goal is a Franchise QB which brings them a consistent playoff contender . It’s why they over pay , over reach in draft and or give up multiple picks for an average to above average Franchise QB’s.

It’s fans who get so fussy if they never put a championship team together with them. But Franchise QB’s bring stability to a team regardless if they meet the ultimate goals.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
What do you mean the QB's havent helped? Nonsense. Neither has had the coaching or team around them to get beyond the 2nd round.

Was either Cowboys team better than the Niners the last two years? Definitely NOT. Those losses were predictable and what should have happened.

And Dak is a better QB than both Purdy and Garrappollo. So its about the team around each QB. Case and point.

Romo would drive the team down for the winning score, then the defense would cave and lose the game many times.
I'm not sure on your defensiveness to my post. It wasn't ripping Dak all around and basically said there are a host of issues along with QB. But you can't watch the 2 49er games and think Dak played well in the playoffs when it counted. Just like people think Romo screwed us on a dropped hold etc. I thought Romo did a lot of great stuff with a horrible line and many issues. Dak has had way more talent in years...not last year. But he had stacked years. I just don't get your comment. You can say Dak is better than Purdy or Garrappollo but he didn't play like it against them. That was my point...we have issues from the FO on down and in big time moments we have had many stars shrink. My theory is every position should have competition. Dak ended up taking a broken down Romo's place and Romo still had skill when not injured. You can't just stick with and pay one person because he is what we have, even if you think he is top 10. League is too volatile

Flamma

Reaction score
Market contracts for QB’s are part of doing business in the NFL.

There’s two types of teams in the league. You either have a franchise QB you can try and build around or you are looking for Franchise QB.

Not all Franchise QB’s are Elite which makes it even tougher to build around . The closer they are to Elite the easier it is.

Owners main goal is a Franchise QB which brings them a consistent playoff contender . It’s why they over pay , over reach in draft and or give up multiple picks for an average to above average Franchise QB’s.

It’s fans who get so fussy if they never put a championship team together with them. But Franchise QB’s bring stability to a team regardless if they meet the ultimate goals.
You're doing the same thing. Taking an owners perspective. Fine. If you don't care about championships, what do I care? You don't pay a QB like Dak 50M a year. That's just stupid. It's good for an owner because the team stays relevant. But for a fan? What do fans want?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're doing the same thing. Taking an owners perspective. Fine. If you don't care about championships, what do I care? You don't pay a QB like Dak 50M a year. That's just stupid. It's good for an owner because the team stays relevant. But for a fan? What do fans want?
A Super Bowl or Bust mentality is exactly what the article is criticizing . I’m not sure how or when this mentality has developed .

Maybe it’s the times we live in with all of the media glorification over winning championships or the gold medal?

Fans want a competitive and entertaining product. I’ve always considered winning championships as gravy. While it’s the ultimate goal it’s not the only goal . Remaining relevant is the initial goal .

Even back in our glory era what made us great was we were always contending . There were teams that won more championships than us but none was as a consistent contender as we were.

kskboys

Reaction score
What's the point of yet another thread saying the exact same thing? I truly don't get it.

Flamma

Reaction score
A Super Bowl or Bust mentality is exactly what the article is criticizing . I’m not sure how or when this mentality has developed .

Maybe it’s the times we live in with all of the media glorification over winning championships or the gold medal?

Fans want a competitive and entertaining product. I’ve always considered winning championships as gravy. While it’s the ultimate goal it’s not the only goal . Remaining relevant is the initial goal .

Even back in our glory era what made us great was we were always contending . There were teams that won more championships than us but none was as a consistent contender as we were.
You make a good point. But you're ignoring my problem. We don't have to have a super or bust mentality. But to pay a QB elite money that isn't elite is stupid. It's basically saying we know we can't win, so lets be happy we tried. Your goal should always be a championship. Not just good seasons. If we're paying an average to above average QB the same as an elite QB you're at a disadvantage. Right from the start!!! How do you make up for that? By paying him again? That's just stupid.