Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You're right, but since Dak has lost in the post-season every time and never reached the NFCG, we know that Dak is not Mahomes so we should be trying to find someone who is better than what we have.

Hard to do that when the one you have is wanting 20-25% of your salary cap without leading the team anywhere near a Super Bowl.

Now, if Dak wants to play for $25 million, I am all for bringing him back and brining in competition.

Once the quarterback tops 15% of the salary cap though, they better be reaching the Super Bowl and hopefully winning it.
You’re not going to get a player like Mahomes. He’s a generational talent. There will be a time to move on from Dak but right now is not the time for that when he’s playing so well, improving and in the prime of his career. The grass is always greener I guess huh?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Hey Daksters, make sure if we win the SB while Dak is QB, you make sure to call it a team win and not just heap praise on Dak for getting the team over the hump.
There's no chance of Dak leading this team to a conference title game, let alone making it to, and winning a SB. We won't have to see that scenario even though I would gladly let them gloat about Dak if it meant a SB win. It just isn't going to happen for a number of reasons.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In that particular post you were blaming the defense, which is 11-15 players.

So you're right, not everyone else's fault, but the fault of 11-15 players.
You literally just said I blamed everyone but Dak but ok lol.

I’m saying the same thing over and over again. You can’t ignore the trenches and win. You just can’t. I keep asking people to show me a champion who sucked in the trenches in the playoffs and no one seems to be up for the task.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You’re not going to get a player like Mahomes. He’s a generational talent. There will be a time to move on from Dak but right now is not the time for that when he’s playing so well, improving and in the prime of his career. The grass is always greener I guess huh?
The issue is replacing Dak doesn't have to come with a Mahomes type of player. The question really comes down to what is the ultimate goal. Do I see a random QB coming in and getting this team 12 wins each of the last three season? Probably not. Do I see a random QB coming in and over that same period getting at least 1 playoff win? Absolutely. The results this team has accomplished under Dak is pretty easy to duplicate depending on what we are measuring.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I can name them all but it’s against the rules. And you just broke one of them with your weak attempt at baiting me to post the names.
You cannot name even one poster who blames Dak entirely for losing any of the playoff games.

Funny how you call people out all the time but now you're suddenly all about the rules.

You're not fooling anybody Rocky ol' pal.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Yet you just gave Mahomes credit for getting his team to victory even though it wasn’t him lol.
Mahomes didn't contribute to a loss the way Dak consistently does in the playoffs. He's been bad in 5 out of seven playoff games in his career, and that has earned him the worst starting QB playoff record of all time.

Putting your hope in Dak to get us there this season or any other is 99% likely to fail. I'm not just making that number up. It is based upon the history of the NFL and QBs in the SB era. The percentage is actually over 99% percent. I'm just rounding off.

You might as well plan your retirement around winning a future Lottery.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Buccs had the 6th best rushing attack by the time the playoffs came around. Fournette was a key part in their success. Teams don’t just “make it work”. They get better. Flacco and Eli were dominate in the regular season but peaked during the playoffs.

And out of the past 20 years you listed 3 teams which seems more like the exception than the rule.
Showing it is possible. No one is saying that you *only* need a QB. Most of the teams that get that far are complete teams and the QB is the difference.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Like so many, you simply don't understand why it seems as if Dak stared down CeeDee. The design of the play slowed down Dak while affecting CeeDee. Horrible play design which did nothing but help the opposing defense. Too easy. For this Dallas coaches are getting paid millions??? I could design much better and more effective plays.
The play design may be bad, but it’s Dak’s Responsibility to see that he’s about to throw the ball directly to the safety. If it’s not his job to avoid throwing the ball to the other team, then what’s even the point?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The issue is replacing Dak doesn't have to come with a Mahomes type of player. The question really comes down to what is the ultimate goal. Do I see a random QB coming in and getting this team 12 wins each of the last three season? Probably not. Do I see a random QB coming in and over that same period getting at least 1 playoff win? Absolutely. The results this team has accomplished under Dak is pretty easy to duplicate depending on what we are measuring.
So is that the goal? Just win 1 playoff game?