Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
:facepalm: Well if you’re going to replace Dak then you better replace the rest of the team because they’re much more responsible for the playoff failures.
I have no issues with that either. I'm not saying the Cowboys failure is a Dak issue, I'm just saying I wouldn't be afraid for this team to make significant changes with either the coaching staff and/or roster. 1 playoff win in the 2020's is a very low bar to get back to.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Well yeah that opinion was contingent on us going for it. For what they’ve done now? I’ve suggested it was best to rebuild if this is what you are gonna do. At least it was a plan. This isn’t a plan it’s just a look and see approach. And that’s much worse then a rebuild.
You took the words out of my mouth there....If I felt this team had any sort of actual plan I'd be buying tickets right now instead of complaining about the state of the team. Had Jerry been serious about the all in talk, I would have backed that decision fully. Had they decided to start rebuilding I would have backed that decision fully. Jerry right now is both wasting the primes of these guys career and wasting their trade value for a tear down, all so that he can hang around the rim and get knocked out of the playoffs round 1.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did he throw two interceptions in the first few minutes of the game ...... one being a pick 6?

Is Dak gonna retire this year?
I honestly don’t remember what he did I just remember he was bad.

We can sit here and dissect each and every comment said….now you said qbs don’t fall apart and win and I bring up Peyton now you’re bringing up retirement….that was not the initial point.
Yea ....... it seems like Dak just has a free ride ....... there is nothing he can do to be blamed by these guys.
I’m not sure what do you want to be said?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

We can sit here and dissect each and every comment said….now you said qbs don’t fall apart and win and I bring up Peyton now you’re bringing up retirement….that was not the initial point.

lmao...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Payton manning was 40 years old and was getting demolished in that game by the pass rush ....... and he was so disgusted by his play that he retired after that season.

He was not 31 and looking for another big payday.

Brax

Reaction score
The only statistic that matters is Super Bowl wins.

All other statistics are participation trophies without them.
It’s kind of funny it’s 58 Super Bowl and looking at the winning QBs maybe 8-9 were not considered elite in their time, look at some of the losing QBs a good amount of them were top end QBs, if your QB can’t get to a CCG with some good teams then he doesn’t deserve a 2nd extension let someone else try and make silk out of a pigs ear

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shabazz told me straight up he just doesn’t like him. And like I said I respect for it. Told him at the time I did.
Just doesnt like "him". Him who?

And you said "they"....more than just one.

Its not personal for someone to not care for on line persona...quite common...calling it personal sounds like MAKING it personal to me....

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would consider than a valid reason if it had been the same receivers for the last 8 years, but it hasn't.

Receivers don't get 5-10 yard buffers very often in the post-season, so they rely on quarterbacks who can thread the needle without turning it over to compensate.
So you would consider that a valid reason for not winning a SB?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would consider than a valid reason if it had been the same receivers for the last 8 years, but it hasn't.

Receivers don't get 5-10 yard buffers very often in the post-season, so they rely on quarterbacks who can thread the needle without turning it over to compensate.
A DB not covering a WR, is not a WR getting open. Do you comprehend how the game is played? Or just like to make dumb comments?

Why not just say. Defenses don't often play with less than 11 men on the field.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Payton manning was 40 years old and was getting demolished in that game by the pass rush ....... and he was so disgusted by his play that he retired after that season.

He was not 31 and looking for another big payday.
This has absolutely nothing to do with what we are discussing. You’re giving reason and justification why he sucked. I’m not comparing that players. Peyton sucked and they won a ring. You asked who did it and I told you. If you want to argue over who’s better we can but that’s a different argument.